• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Was much more solid with Mertesacker.

Mustafi is huge problem.

Wouldnt surprise me Bellerin has the best attacking stats in the league and that starting against City and Chelsea. Unfort... has nothing to show for it but Im sure he is gonma be vital in next 8 games.

Love you Bellerin!
He need to improve his defending players get past him way too easy and that's a problem.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Simple pointing out that Bellerin was much more solid with Mertesacker. Its for everyone to see.

Cant believe Mustafi is still starting games for us.
Bellerin was still poor. Per just covered for him better than Mustafi does. Apart from a couple of runs into space, which Lich could still make, Bellerin offers nothing going forward. Should have closed down Hazard a lot quicker on that goal. He should be dropped.

Bellerin was still poor. Per just covered for him better than Mustafi does. Apart from a couple of runs into space, which Lich could still make, Bellerin offers nothing going forward. Should have closed down Hazard a lot quicker on that goal. He should be dropped.

Didnt read your post.

pikey2000

Simple pointing out that Bellerin was much more solid with Mertesacker. Its for everyone to see.

Cant believe Mustafi is still starting games for us.

True, Mertesacker marshalled the defence as a whole a lot better than anyone we have right now, however Bellerin was helped by us having Walcott and Chamberlain ahead of him who both offer more defensively than Mhkitaryan, right now Hector is isolated completely, no coaching during the game from Mustafi and no cover from in front of him, combine that with the fact he is primarily offensive and has questionable defensive qualities himself and you have a recipe for disaster.

I think he would work for us if we were dominating teams in a similar way to Walker works for City as they dominate teams and as such he can raid forward with relatively low concern for defending but we are miles off of dominating teams right now.

ksarp

Let’s call it what it is. Bellerin has very little defensive aptitude. He relies more on his speed of recovery than positioning. Then offensively he is no threat as his end ball is often wasted.

Start Licthy for Pete sake!!!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Before the season started when someone asked for potential player of the season I opted for him. Now I'm opting for a spell on the Sidelines. He has no reason to be tired. No world cup a full pre season. Needs to really knuckle down and improve.

Malky

Established Member
What is going on with the lad? Where's his pace went? He used to burn others for fun. He's still constantly suspect in defense and going forward his crossing ability hasn't improved at all. He needs to get a grip, eat some meat and stop trying to be an Instagram model and get to work in training.

isop

Let’s call it what it is. Bellerin has very little defensive aptitude. He relies more on his speed of recovery than positioning. Then offensively he is no threat as his end ball is often wasted.

Start Licthy for Pete sake!!!

When he first broke through I never rated him defensively, he was always getting exposed, he was poor positionally, and used his pace to get him out of trouble especially with last ditch tackles. He never really developed (or was coached) the art of defending. Felt he was in the team because of his pace and attack minded nature.

Couple of seasons later it's still the same, and even in attack he's also a kick and runner with poor dribbling, and poor crossing. Should not be starting, 34 year old lichsteiner is showing him how it's done, and should be starting.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Left all alone and yet a good game and involved upfront

I to think his so called fashion and veganism is silly but still a great player

oldkingclancy

This boy needs to go in my opinion. His great weapon, his pace, is nowhere to be seen and he offers little else. He doesn't seem confident or sure enough to try and take a man on and his delivery is wanting at times. He is so weak it is unbelievable, I know he's not exactly well built but other smaller players learn to use their bodies and he just doesn't. He won't engage in any battle and his positional play is pretty poor. He can no longer be trusted to do a job

boyinneedofhumor

Some of you may have observed this... on a couple of occasions when Bellerin went forward as a false 7, Guendouzi covered his fullback position.
I'm inclined to think it wasn't a coincidence.

So, either...
a. Emery is a tactician with clear instructions.
b. Guendouzi is even better than I thought.

So, there you go... either way hope some of you feel consoled by this.

say yes

forum master baiter
Had almost lost faith with him about 20 minutes in yesterday, was prepared to go full 'Spanish Carl Jenkinson' on poor old Hector.

But then in our first half salvo I thought he was fantastic. Best he's looked going forwards for as long as I can remember.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
There was a chance to sell this turkey for a good amount of money, but that ship sailed and his value will drop as he's playing worse than before, which is quite an achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom