• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancelot

Established Member
My minute-by-minute contextual summary of his performance against Crystal Palace April 17, 2016:

Bellerin

Positive:

N/A

Negative:
  • Pissed Poor crosses under no pressure whatsoever 4 occasions (47:52 + 50:30 + 65:37 + 69:31 (this one was more like a half-hoof than a proper cross, the type that is rather difficult to attack, imo)
  • Decided to hold on to the ball when Sako approached him from the front on the right flank (middle of their half) and was too reluctant to do something afterward that it allowed Sako to successfully stole the ball from his feet (Elneny involved a bit but there was obviously not enough understanding between the two players so the Egyptian ended up getting in the way) (53:10)
  • Was about to get a hold of the long ball and completely intercept this pass from deep in CRY's half aimed for Wickham but somehow he got over-powered by the intended receiver from behind and eventually lost the ball (54:53)
  • Disappointing direct ball into the box when 2 of our CBs were also there (short corner a while ago). The ball went towards the left area of their box when anything towards the center could've been more dangerous (70:32)
  • We were in the middle of 'stretching them' session, right flank near the edge of their box, he spotted Alexis' run towards the space behind defenders inside of their box and proceeded to hit a heavy pass that even though Alexis eventually reached it, there was nothing productive he could do (73:19)

Aevi

Hale End FC
He barely had any competition to be fair, not an impressive year of RBs.

Not downplaying the achievement though, it's good for him. He can go far.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
A very good performance tonight by Bellerin but he really doesn't deserve to be in the TOTY as he has been one our most inconsistent players this season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
For a young lad,he's done well. I'm pleased with him and wish he'd had the benefit of a solid senior player helping him instead of the poisonous,spineless Debuchy.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

A very good performance tonight by Bellerin but he really doesn't deserve to be in the TOTY as he has been one our most inconsistent players this season.
Who would you have ahead of him? He's the only RB who has stood out

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Who would you have ahead of him? He's the only RB who has stood out

The only thing that has stood out for Bellerin is his pace and dribbling, however just like the overrated Brazilian full backs the media concentrate on this and ignore how poor he has been defensively and positionally. I mean just compare Bellerin's erratic performances this season compared to the consistency shown by Monreal. To answer your question I would have chosen Ward (been harping on about for two season now should be England's first choice RB), Soares and Walker. None of the three I have mentioned have been world class by any means but they have been more consistent and more defensively solid than Bellerin from what I have see.

Last edited:

Godwin1

Very well-known
His form has been a bit patchy actually and he's still developing defensivly. I'm pleased with him myself though, I hope he can take the next step and grow defensivly becuase he's undoubtedly going to improve his attacking game which is already at a good level. Could do with some crossing drills this pre-season coming.

Mastadon

Established Member
We have a very rare player in Bellerin I really can't say anything bad about him. PFA player of the year at 21 and he adds so much going forward. Crossing and defensive awareness etc needs work but he's well on his way to being world class.

Impact

Established Member
Think it's interesting that he gets in the PFA team of the year and wasn't even a candidate for the PFA young player award.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Think it's interesting that he gets in the PFA team of the year and wasn't even a candidate for the PFA young player award.
Well yes, that's because you are constrained by a little thing called logic. Thankfully, the good people who voted do not have this issue.

Toast

Established Member
This lad's a good prospect. He'll have some dodgy moments over the coming years as he grows, but I reckon he'll definitely nail the starting spot down. Pity we sold Sagna though. Bellerin could've learned a lot from him.

Bellerin/Jenkinson next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom