• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
This did confuse me a bit when I heard about it this morning.
Did anybody read the Dailymail interview he did the day before the FA cup final?
He said, he just signed his new 6 year contract because he wants to stay at Arsenal & he wouldn't have signed it otherwise, loves London, has no intention of leaving any time soon & that Wenger told him he could be an Arsenal player for a long time if he plays his cards right, that Arsenal is his club now & wants to be loyal to Arsenal & Wenger.
So to see this article kinda bemused me, I thought, ' what's going on here now'?! I thought all the Bellerin stuff was pretty much put to bed!

Really, I wonder if he's being polite towards the Spanish, being in Spain at the minute & doesn't want to totally disregard Barcelona for the sake of future change & being from there himself.
But doesn't he realise that that interview is going to be picked up in the UK & then he's going to have to explain himself all over again?
Though like some have said, how reliable is this newspaper interview? Wouldn't surprise me if it's been twisted around so as to make it look more interesting than it actually was. Especially with his agent coming out & throwing a bit of doubt over it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This did confuse me a bit when I heard about it this morning.
Did anybody read the Dailymail interview he did the day before the FA cup final?
He said, he just signed his new 6 year contract because he wants to stay at Arsenal & he wouldn't have signed it otherwise, loves London, has no intention of leaving any time soon & that Wenger told him he could be an Arsenal player for a long time if he plays his cards right, that Arsenal is his club now.
So to see this article kinda bemused me, I thought, ' what's going on here now'?! I thought all the Bellerin stuff was pretty much put to bed!

Really, I wonder if he's being polite towards the Spanish, being in Spain at the minute & doesn't want to totally disregard Barcelona for the sake of future change & being from there himself.
But doesn't he realise that that interview is going to be picked up in the UK & then he's going to have to explain himself all over again?
Though like some have said, how reliable is this newspaper interview? Wouldn't surprise me if it's been twisted around so as to make it look more interesting than it actually was. Especially with his agent coming out & throwing a bit of doubt over it.
His quotes don't exactly inspire confidence tbh. Maybe he's just really rubbish at choosing his words. There's not burning bridges, and then there's blatant flirting. I think he fancies it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If there's a solid bid and Wenger has someone lined up, I think he'd let him go. Bellerin would leave if the door's open.

Could be mate , but the club holds the cards in this case. Interesting to see what unfolds.

It's been the one rumour that seemed to have cooled after he came out & said he was happy where he was, now if he has said all that the bloody herb has gone & blown it all up again!
They complain when rumours about them start & then bring it on themselves! If you don't want to be in the spotlight keep her gob shut!

I think he did leave after all he's said about staying, a lot of fans would be recalled pissed at him. He's always seemed very loyal to Arsenal, so if he did bugger off he'd seeem like a bit of a traitor.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
He's flaky this boy - **** trait in a person that, being flaky - most players are. Had this all before with the other Barca lover boy. Every chance he got in that interview he took the opportunity to hint what his preferred option would be.

It should be simple. He's not going anywhere unless the club get offered the true market value with respect to his age and the length of his existing contract - and it should be made clear to Barcelona that if they try and unsettle the player, to get him on the cheap or allow the saga to drag on all summer then Arsenal should refuse to do business full stop.

He wasn't being as vague with his soundbites when signing a nice lucrative contract and lining his pockets a few months back.

Relic

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Was this interview also translated from Spanish to English? That also adds a bit to the paper's manipulations. I'm not concerned considering he's young and he's probably homesick now that his family moved back. He still has some growing up to do. It's natural.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Didn't his agent deny such quotes? One of him or Toral mentioned a Barcelona return as soon as they joined, so it'd be no surprise.

I doubt very much he would give one interview saying he's happy at Arsenal & wouldn't have signed a new contract otherwise & then be stupid enough to give a different one 2 weeks later. Like the agent has said, all made up. Wild speculation is a good way of describing it from Arsenal!
Barca prob would like him, but they think they can just snap their fingers & everyone will come running. Don't think so!

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I doubt very much he would give one interview saying he's happy at Arsenal & wouldn't have signed a new contract otherwise & then be stupid enough to give a different one 2 weeks later. Like the agent has said, all made up. Wild speculation is a good way of describing it from Arsenal!
Barca prob would like him, but they think they can just snap their fingers & everyone will come running. Don't think so!
As somebody else said, Fabregas went there after they'd put Barca shirts on him at the 2010 WC and it didn't work out for him. I was living in Spain just after he went there and the fans quickly turned on him.

Impact

Established Member
£70 million and we can start negotiations with Barcelona. Would rather him leave on a free at the end of his long-term deal than sell at undervalue again. Contracts mean things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom