Hector Bellerin: Hair Daze

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Big Poppa, Mar 5, 2016.

1. DanDare

DanDare Not interesting enough for a custom title

Lady Gaga is more talented

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  2. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Agree and there aren't really any top RB's available atm. He's doing ok for a young player that's had no rest or support.

3. Camron

Camron Well-Known Member

4. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Playing his way back into form, still think he needs genuine competition to reach his best level.

Gooner Zig likes this.
  5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Said everything for ages

One of the best players in the world in his position when you factor the market for his type.

MaraDon, krengon, Gooner Zig and 5 others like this.
  6. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

So much better in a back 4

7. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

I've been saying this since 3 at the back. He's a much better RB than RWB because he starts further back and has more space to run into, he never seems to reach top speed at RWB which is why people think he's become slower rather than him having less space to run into.

Although he does look like he's gained weight and doesn't accelerate as fast as he use to.

Goonerozil33 likes this.
  8. Longy

Longy Active Member

Serious question......

Is hector really that good ? Or is it his pace that masks a lot of his short comings ???

9. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

You say shortcomings as if he has several. He has two maybe. His crossing and his ability in a 1v1.

Defensively, Bellerin is brilliant. He’s rarely caught out of position and he doesn’t often make mistakes. Going forward though, he has a lot of room for improvement. That said, he’s got a decent shot on him- he should shoot instead of crossing sometimes.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  10. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant

He's one of our top contributors in the more advanced offensive statistics such as xG chain which is the last phase before a shot on goal. He's regularly top 5 for that metric.

People just see his underwhelming crossing as it's so visible but he's lethal in the final third, generally speaking.

11. blaise

blaise Well-Known Member

For me his defending and positioning at times are much more shocking than his crossing but it is really nice to watch him when he runs, at least his upside could be off the charts.

12. Longy

Longy Active Member

I feel the opposite. He is out of position quite often but pace rescues him.

13. krengon

krengon Well-Known Member Trusted

Exactly, he has huge offensive potential and has been crucial to our play on that right hand side, especially when Özil plays there and he’s solely responsible for width.

14. HBL

HBL Active Member

Useless.

15. Camron

Camron Well-Known Member

Offers absolutely nothing. Only plays well when we are cruising and there is gaping gaps in enemy defense.

16. tcahill

tcahill Well-Known Member

Has completely forgotten how to beat a man. Does plenty of passes in the final third to boost his stats unfortunately most of them are backwards.

17. HBL

HBL Active Member

He’s the master of getting into a position in the final third and then passing it 10 yards backwards to Xhaka/Özil. Needs to be benched asap. Slows all of our attacks down.

Mitch likes this.
  18. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Could be worse..? Moderator

Think he peaked two years ago tbh

Mitch likes this.
  19. MaraDon

MaraDon Don't Cry For Me Argentina

he is not the problem.

DanDare and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  20. Trilly

Trilly AM's Part Time PSG supporter

Big advocate of stats but I just can't see it. Do you think he's getting these stats because he's our sole provider of width on the right?

I look at him and see our more defensive fullback tbh. I would sign a proper attacking LB (if only we had one of those) and start attacking from there.