• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's one of our top contributors in the more advanced offensive statistics such as xG chain which is the last phase before a shot on goal. He's regularly top 5 for that metric.

People just see his underwhelming crossing as it's so visible but he's lethal in the final third, generally speaking.
Big advocate of stats but I just can't see it. Do you think he's getting these stats because he's our sole provider of width on the right?

I look at him and see our more defensive fullback tbh. I would sign a proper attacking LB (if only we had one of those) and start attacking from there.

blaze_of_glory

Do you think he even looks up to cross? Always just plays it to their first defender, its infuriating. Play AMN at RB for a while.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Remember when he was dangerous 1v1? Good times.
giphy.gif

Hope

Less
Absolute **** guy. Cant ****ing pick a pass or find anyone.

I tore my hair out when a simple pass to miki was screwed in the end.

**** decision making.

We need a new RB.

More of a model than a pro football player these days

This. He seems to have some mental issues or wtf is going on? Whenever i see an interview/video he features (apart from the actual football) he talks so much **** and acts as if he was kinda michael jackson.

What happened for him to become such a windbag?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Can we just make a petition where we ask him to learn how to beat his man and cross? You can't be a starter on his wages if you're just gonna go up the pitch and when you meet your opponent, you'll pass it back to whoever is closest to you. Seriously, this needs to be brought to his attention, because it's been going on for ages.
When he started out on the right after Debuchy got injured, he was bombing forward and took his man on. Now he's trying to play it as safe as possible.
I think he stopped improving because he has no competition at all, so it wouldn't hurt to bring someone in the summer to keep him on his toes.
I mean, in comparison to Monreal, he looks like a joke.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He was a lot more willing to take his man on today, which was good to see. I love him in full flight- but he MUST work on his crossing. I'm talking three times per week after training sessions minimum.

It makes him a better player, but makes us a much more dangerous outfit. With his pace and movement, he needs to improve his crossing ability, then he'd comfortably be one of the top five RB's in Europe.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Still playing a bit conservatively. Too eager to go for the pass inside. I guess that's the advantage of playing someone like AMN at full-back - brings a different skillset to the role. Bellerin still one of our stronger players IMO, he just needs to play with a bit more gusto.

Longy

i feel the same with him as i felt with Walcott.

Space up ahead, but will ALWAYS check ass centre his pass.
He's been Wengered !

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
Saw this quote from him addressing the Oxford Union:

Bellerin said: "It was like night and day, the difference between Barcelona and Arsenal."

"At Barcelona we were just kicking around on the pitch, at Arsenal, my 1st day, there were no balls."

Wenger saves money even on the balls now? :lol:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Saw this quote from him addressing the Oxford Union:

Bellerin said: "It was like night and day, the difference between Barcelona and Arsenal."

"At Barcelona we were just kicking around on the pitch, at Arsenal, my 1st day, there were no balls."

Wenger saves money even on the balls now? :lol:
Should bring back Flamini and designate him as a pylon.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
I don’t think he’s developing as quickly as I had originally hoped when we broke through, but bar a few games, I don’t think he’s been all that bad this season.

Impact

Established Member
I don't think most of us recognise how young he is. He is still 22 for another month or so. Wenger should have given him some time on the sidelines recently but because of our lack of options, Bellerín has had to play through his poor form. I think he is getting back to a good level and having Mkhitaryan ahead of him should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom