• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
I’m not his biggest fan but I though tthe he was very good defensively today. He has to improve offensively though and try and re-discover that pace and ability to beat a man, that he had when he first burst onto the scene. A back up Rb will help him progress. (I hope)

OSBK

Established Member
He’s the least of our worries. Probably in the top 3 for our players of the season(which isn’t really saying much).

He is a big worry when we have the ball and he is ahead of our midfield. We were lucky that son had a off day, so many times son and other Sp**s players dropped into his space.

Maddar16

Said it months/years ago and I’ll say it again.

I see his ceiling as a very good maybe even world class two way fullback. Decent offensively and very good defensively too which is nothing to look down at.

I don’t see the technical tools in his locker to become an elite attacking fullback, I just don’t. Even in his team of the season year he was getting these weird through ball assists which didn’t seem sustainable to me. He’s never showed the trademark signs of a top attacking fullback except for pace (imo).
For somebody who plays in a position in which we utilise as our auxiliary wingers, he doesnst have the basic trickery and most importantly first touch and control needed in a Wenger system, which is baffling really.

A player like marcelo or dani alves would be ideal in our setup.

Maddar16

For somebody who plays in a position in which we utilise as our auxiliary wingers, he doesnst have the basic trickery and most importantly first touch and control needed in a Wenger system, which is baffling really.

A player like marcelo or dani alves would be ideal in our setup.
However defensively he is fine and puts in a shift, just annoying that we cant exploit his pace to stretch defenses

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Think on the whole Bellerin's been our least awful defender this season, pretty impressive considering he was the starter whose position was most threatened before we sold Ox.

Defending used to be his main weakness but he's been pretty solid this season, extra impressive when you remember he's almost always left to defend two players on his own.

I'd say in general though he too suffers a lot from a lack of a proper defensive setup. Whenever we do actually get our tactics right he seems to shine most, like how he's completely destroyed Alonso in recent times.

legendhenry_14

I think he’s too concerned about fashion rather than improving his game. He can’t cross, he can’t dribble and defensively he’s weak!

He is a big worry when we have the ball and he is ahead of our midfield. We were lucky that son had a off day, so many times son and other Sp**s players dropped into his space.

That has always been like that with us. That must be instructions from Wenger. High risk, high gain attacking style. Gibbs had same problem, and Clichy.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think he’s too concerned about fashion rather than improving his game. He can’t cross, he can’t dribble and defensively he’s weak!

Wise up hey, his interests and hobbies have nothing to do with anything. Hector has been fine and he's far from our biggest problem, with a different manager he'd improve exponentially.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Being fine is clearly not helping us. He need to be great!

Sure, but what I mean is that he isn't the difference between us being mediocre and being great. Our CBs, midfield and manager are the difference. Just cos Hector wears some snazzy outfits doesn't mean he's what's wrong with the club.

Hector is one of our assets, not one of our problems.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Haven't watched it in full yet, will likely do it on the weekend.
Watched the whole thing. Hasn't said one thing wrong. Mature speaker, not scared to stand for his opinion. He could've laughed the AFTV question away, but chose to go in for the kill. Feel sorry for the few AFTV guys actually just voicing their opinion and generally being frustrated, but in a way he is right about some of them.

You do wonder about the Alexis comment. Would Alexis have acted the same in the Invincibles squad, or would he be satisfied with that winner mentality surrounding him?

Love hearing from players like this. Next up: Özil please.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

Haven't watched it in full yet, will likely do it on the weekend.

A much more well-rounded and intelligent person than most of the vocal fans on social media/youtube etc.

A good point to take away from this would be that the way fans interact with players both on social media and in the stadium does have an effect on them. Hector said on the one hand that it can be very demoralising to see negative opinions about him on social media, but on the other he was ecstatic when he first heard the fans singing his name.

Not just for Arsenal but for football as a whole, it would be better if more people viewed players as human beings and less as anonymous characters. Players are open to constructive criticism if they feel it's in their best interests, but sheer negativity doesn't help anyone; it only serves to make the critic feel better about themselves.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Loved the Q&A.

Bellerin is another player who - like Iwobi of late - gets a bad rap for very little reason. He's actually been having a decent season yet if you listen to some fans, you'd be led to believe he's been terrible and one of our worst players, which is complete bollocks. I don't understand it. The only issue I have with Bellerin is that there's no realistic back up for him.

I hope Bellerin stays at Arsenal for a long time and gets some more of his confidence back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom