• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not for me Clive.

The issue is most right backs around his age around Europe are very similar.

For me he has pace and strength. Maybe lacks a little bit of technique? Wouldn't be my first choice. But if we can't sell Bellerin he's a very good age and it could be worth the punt.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He’s good going forward though which is what we’re going to need from a right back considering full backs are our main creators.

In the Emerson thread I think someone told me the opposite. He's alright going forward but has better defensive traits. Because I said he must be good going forward as he's Brazilian 😂😂

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The issue is most right backs around his age around Europe are very similar.

For me he has pace and strength. Maybe lacks a little bit of technique? Wouldn't be my first choice. But if we can't sell Bellerin he's a very good age and it could be worth the punt.

I'd still back Trippier to do a job tbh.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Only issue is the age but I suppose in the time he's here (maybe 2 years?) That's more than enough time to find a younger, talented RB to take over.

I think it says a lot United wants him to replace their 50M signing. I suppose they're pushing for the title so it makes sense with his age.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think it says a lot United wants him to replace their 50M signing. I suppose they're pushing for the title so it makes sense with his age.

I dont think he would replace AWB but he would certainly push him. I think they're hoping for another Telles/Shaw situation but I feel like AWB is a lost cause in that sense.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why is Trippier being mentioned? Why would he leave the La Liga champions for midtable Arsenal?
He might come back to United, but definitely to Arsenal.

Well the story is he wants to come back to England, so if there’s no better alternative he might take the move. United will probably stump up the cash for him anyway.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd take Trippier. Top player and experienced, something we could do with at the back (White/Holding/Gabriel/KT/Taveres all relatively young). Can also play on the right or left so is adaptable for the new manager.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

From Orsntein:

Frustrated Bellerin desperate to leave Arsenal

Hector Bellerin is determined to leave Arsenal this summer and is understood to be growing extremely frustrated at what he perceives to be a reluctance from the club to sanction his exit.

The 26-year-old right-back has two years left on his contract and believes the time has come to depart, a decade after joining from the Barcelona youth system. Bellerin is said to have made his desire clear to Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta and technical director Edu, and is even prepared to take a pay cut if it will help a transfer materialise.

Arsenal were speaking to Inter Milan about a potential deal but they failed to reach an agreement and while there has been interest from elsewhere, nobody has offered what Arsenal are seeking. A factor not conducive to easily finding an amicable resolution is the pandemic-affected market.

It is thought that Inter were only in a financial position to take Bellerin on loan with an option to buy — or an option that would become an obligation based on specific criteria — but Arsenal demanded a sale or loan with an obligation to buy, in order to guarantee that a fee would arrive.

Bellerin’s camp are believed to have taken other potential solutions to the north London side’s technical director Edu, though none of them have significantly moved the process forward as yet.

With Arsenal keen to strengthen in Bellerin’s position, one idea is a swap involving Barcelona’s 22-year-old Brazil international full-back Emerson Royal but nothing is advanced at this stage. It is a similar situation regarding Atletico Madrid’s 30-year-old England defender Kieran Trippier.

Bellerin has accumulated 239 appearances since signing for Arsenal in 2011 but his progress was disrupted by a serious knee ligament injury in early 2019 and he is now competing for a starting berth alongside Calum Chambers, Cedric Soares and Ainsley Maitland-Niles.

Arteta picked Chambers for Friday’s defeat at Brentford in the opening match of the Premier League season and despite the presence of Bellerin, Cedric and Maitland-Niles on the bench it was new signing Nuno Tavares — a left-back — who was introduced as a second-half substitute.

Part of Bellerin’s wish to seek pastures new is his hope of earning a place in the Spain squad for the 2022 World Cup, but whether either of those ambitions will come to fruition remains unclear.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I hope we manage to sell him for around €15m.

I would be happy with Emerson, Mazraoui or Mukiele as a replacement. Should be attainable, I reckon.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pretty telling that Bellerin, being frustrated, is the one trying to get something moving while the club just sit on their hands praying a solution just miraculously falls down from the sky.

Fair play to the guy. I'm not a fan of him as a player, but he's always been a class professional and do think he loves the club, which is why he seems to be taking the matter into his own hands as Edu can't do his job properly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Pretty telling that Bellerin, being frustrated, is the one trying to get something moving while the club just sit on their hands praying a solution just miraculously falls down from the sky.

We were trying to deal with inter all they wanted was a loan. Europe is on its knees with the transfer market.

But @Kysus from the Arsenal forum things it's all sunshine and roses and easy.

Kysus

We were trying to deal with inter all they wanted was a loan. Europe is on its knees with the transfer market.

But @Kysus from the Arsenal forum things it's all sunshine and roses and easy.
You adjust to the market, you get creative instead of just clinging to market values which are not viable anymore.
4 RB's not one good enough. The amount of wages we are wasting is absurd.

Gn1212

The report literally says the club is trying to find a solution. Fact is, nobody's willing to pay up for him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The report literally says the club is trying to find a solution. Fact is, nobody's willing to pay up for him.
To me it looks like the club have valued him too high and Bellerin and his people are the ones doing all the leg work to exit.

The hierarchy are playing poker instead, hoping someone will come in and pay the inflated asking price for a clearly out of favour player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom