• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The club set the precedent last year with Micky to Roma & then paying up contracts (even for players offered new deals weeks before).

Why would any club put in half decent bids until the very last minute? 🤷‍♂️ We act very erratic in these dealings.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yeah we are so bad at selling at the right time. Every single one of the players people complain is hard to shift now could have been sold for decent to good fees at the right time when there was interest. It's one thing to choose to keep if they see them as vital players in the team(which is the case with Xhaka I guess), but when you refuse to sell only to barely give minutes to the player after it's beyond stupid.

100%.

One of the main issues at the club is our wage structure which is clearly why we’re struggling to get rid of some of these players. A lot of players in our squad are on CL wages and only a handful of clubs can actually afford them.

I read somewhere that Ben White is on £100k a week now but was that even necessary? I’m sure he was getting a lot less at Brighton. Kolasinac is apparently earning the same amount too which is bizarre.

Frustratedgunner

100%.

One of the main issues at the club is our wage structure which is clearly why we’re struggling to get rid of some of these players. A lot of players in our squad are on CL wages and only a handful of clubs can actually afford them.

I read somewhere that Ben White is on £100k a week now but was that even necessary? I’m sure he was getting a lot less at Brighton. Kolasinac is apparently earning the same amount too which is bizarre.
AMN, Chambers, Eddie, Nelson are not on more than 50k. Which isn't a lot for a half decent PL footballer.

You cannot tell me wages is the stumbling block moving those players on. If Arsenal said to those respective players and their agents find a club who will pay us 5-7m and we will let them go for that. It wouldn't be hard.

The problem is we want 15-20m for players who aren't worth it and are willing to keep them, pay their wages and lose them for free.

Gn1212

Not true at all, many here would pay to give these guys away. The problem with the Guendouzi exit was the people who stayed in his place, plus he's still young and not finished.

We got a couple hundred k initially for Mavraponos, people moaned but they quickly got over it.
There's always gonna be reasonable people about this. Others not so much.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Context is King here though. I don't think you can use Bellerin as a case study for how "developing young players is bad" or "we should have sold for £20m" or whatever.

Bellerin WAS genuinely exciting as a young talent. Same as Wilshere and Michael Owen (obviously to differing degrees). The issue has been that injuries have reduced his explosive pace and he hasn't pushed the rest of his game on. The net result is that he's average not brilliant. But that's down to luck.

If you are looking for rules and sayings for the club to stick to then try -

"Sell your underperforming players first"

Or

"Only sell younger players when you've established how good they will be or you've signed someone better"
I don't think I said developing young players is bad. I said not all young players will become world class or even very good. And Hector Bellerin is a case in point where we have prioritised the development of the individual over development of the squad.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

AMN, Chambers, Eddie, Nelson are not on more than 50k. Which isn't a lot for a half decent PL footballer.

You cannot tell me wages is the stumbling block moving those players on. If Arsenal said to those respective players and their agents find a club who will pay us 5-7m and we will let them go for that. It wouldn't be hard.

The problem is we want 15-20m for players who aren't worth it and are willing to keep them, pay their wages and lose them for free.

With those players you mentioned, it’s different because each one of them bar Nelson there was serious interest in them but we opted to keep them.

Chambers looked very promising and Leicester offered us 20m for him but we kept him. Same when we got offered 15m for AMN off the back of those fantastic performances in the FA Cup and England call up. Terrible decision making in both instances especially when a player is in form.

My original point was the wage structure is flawed especially if we’re trying to gain some interest in our back up or washed up players because they’re earning too much. Last summer we struggled to get rid of Lacazette because his wages were too high for clubs that possibly would be willing to take him, the same with Leno which is why we probably got rid of Emi Martinez.

Frustratedgunner

With those players you mentioned, it’s different because each one of them bar Nelson there was serious interest in them but we opted to keep them.

Chambers looked very promising and Leicester offered us 20m for him but we kept him. Same when we got offered 15m for AMN off the back of those fantastic performances in the FA Cup and England call up. Terrible decision making in both instances especially when a player is in form.

My original point was the wage structure is flawed especially if we’re trying to gain some interest in our back up or washed up players because they’re earning too much. Last summer we struggled to get rid of Lacazette because his wages were too high for clubs that possibly would be willing to take him, the same with Leno which is why we probably got rid of Emi Martinez.
I agree with that but the problem is when you do not offer CL football or a club in a positive trajectory you have to compensate by paying big wages.

My issue wouldnt be so much paying first team players big wages.

It's hand Willian 200k a week, Soares and Mari 75k etc. Players who were signed to either be back up or short term fixes on long term contracts.

We need to pay Auba 350k to stay. We had to pay Partey 200k or thereabouts to sign for us. If we sign say Martinez from inter we would have to pay him extreme amounts because we can't offer him anything in terms of football and success that way.

That's why I like the fact that the club seems to be going for young potential. The problem is they did too much damage the last 12-18 months with other dead beats.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I agree with that but the problem is when you do not offer CL football or a club in a positive trajectory you have to compensate by paying big wages.

My issue wouldnt be so much paying first team players big wages.

It's hand Willian 200k a week, Soares and Mari 75k etc. Players who were signed to either be back up or short term fixes on long term contracts.

We need to pay Auba 350k to stay. We had to pay Partey 200k or thereabouts to sign for us. If we sign say Martinez from inter we would have to pay him extreme amounts because we can't offer him anything in terms of football and success that way.

That's why I like the fact that the club seems to be going for young potential. The problem is they did too much damage the last 12-18 months with other dead beats.

I agree but did Ben White have that many options available? He was at Brighton ffs and we offered him 100k to “convince” him. He was probably getting a quarter of what he’s earning here at Brighton.

The same with Leno when we signed him from Leverkusen. Now the teams that would have interest in him from the Bundesliga are probably put off due to his high wages plus the fee we would want for him.

Frustratedgunner

I agree but did Ben White have that many options available? He was at Brighton ffs and we offered him 100k to “convince” him. He was probably getting a quarter of what he’s earning here at Brighton.

The same with Leno when we signed him from Leverkusen. Now the teams that would have interest in him from the Bundesliga are probably put off due to his high wages plus the fee we would want for him.
I assume the club wouldn't offer the money if they didn't have to. We had to offer Partey something like 120k more than Atletcio were paying him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Can't really complain about Ben Whites wages. He is a 50m player getting the wages of a 50m player.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

When you worth 50m you automatically become 100k wages a week player . This is reality of football these days money always increasing

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We've handled this situation so poorly. I'd take 5m for Bellerin and Kola at the moment. Clear out and give our new manager scope to build a squad.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I assume the club wouldn't offer the money if they didn't have to. We had to offer Partey something like 120k more than Atletcio were paying him.

Would Leno have been on 100k at Napoli? They were the only other club interested in him, right?

Never happening.

Can't really complain about Ben Whites wages. He is a 50m player getting the wages of a 50m player.

It doesn’t work like that though, it’s all about negotiation. He’s at Brighton lol it’s not like we’re signing him from Barcelona.

Also, Kolasinac was a free transfer and got 100k a week. We splashed out on Willian too.

Last edited:

Frustratedgunner

Would Leno have been on 100k at Napoli? They were the only other club interested in him, right?

Never happening.
No idea. But I guess it isn't just an Arsenal problem. Its a PL problem. When your league receives much more money than other leagues the average salary is always going to be higher.

Nobody is signing for Arsenal for 20m for 50k a week.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Bellerin doesn't really fit in the poor squad management camp for me.

Pre Covid / injury he was a £25m+ player.

With things as they stand we appear to need squad places / finances being made available for incomings.

Considering Hector's heavy fall off in performances post injury, his fairly high wages and a generally repressed market we should accept any bids approaching £10m in my opinion, or even a loan with an obligation to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom