• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Don't think we be in hurry because we already have options. but we desperately need one similar to tierney as rb.
Any ideas? Hard to find players with that hunger and drive.. Keep seeing everyone calling for Max Aarons but he doesnt have that same energy from what I’m seeing.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There aren't really any outstanding candidates to replace him. I really like the look of Lamptey, but I feel he needs a full season where he is playing regularly before we go for him.

Go with Chambers and Cedric for another season and focus on strengthening properly elsewhere. Reasses the situation next summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Any ideas? Hard to find players with that hunger and drive.. Keep seeing everyone calling for Max Aarons but he doesnt have that same energy from what I’m seeing.
there really limited quality options we not linked with any at the moment.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
If it is a loan without obligation then pull the plug. Where the hell are the business men in this club. Its so amateur.

All this talk about "Bellerin only wants to go there" so we have to take anything they offer is plan wrong. It is his preference to go there but unless Inter pay the asking price he's an Arsenal employee.

If Inter don't want to pay then Bellerin needs to open his eyes and realise they don't rate him.

We should be getting £40m for Bellerin and Xhaka and looks like we may get £15m and a loan. Amateur.
I agree we should not accept a loan without purchase.
However Its little to do with the 'businessmen' in the club.
Its the market & supply and demand. There is hardly any interest in even our better 'for sale' players. We have a piss poor squad with many mediocre players on big wages, look at the midfielders other than Xhaka we would shift. There are not many clubs that would want to pay for them. That was evident in the last transfer window when we had to give 100m worth of players away. It was going to be tough anyway, The pandemic has just made it even harder.
Many clubs have massive debt, the top 3 spanish clubs are seriously in trouble financially.
We are also in debt pretty heavily due to poor spending over the last 5 or 6 years.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

total agreement between Bellerin and Inter he'll earn 3.5M a year he was earing 5.7M at arsenal. Marotta now negotiating with Arsenal to get deal done.

Credit to Bellerin if this is true. So many players are happy to sit on large contracts, even if they are not playing. Makes it more likely that Arsenal can get a reasonable fee as well. You'd think £12-15m is around his value now, that would be decent business all round given his current form.

I'd probably stick with Chambers/Cedric and prioritise other areas this window as well. The only RB who looks really good is Emerson Royal and it's not even clear if he's available or not.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I agree we should not accept a loan without purchase.
However Its little to do with the 'businessmen' in the club.
Its the market & supply and demand. There is hardly any interest in even our better 'for sale' players. We have a piss poor squad with many mediocre players on big wages, look at the midfielders other than Xhaka we would shift. There are not many clubs that would want to pay for them. That was evident in the last transfer window when we had to give 100m worth of players away. It was going to be tough anyway, The pandemic has just made it even harder.
Many clubs have massive debt, the top 3 spanish clubs are seriously in trouble financially.
We are also in debt pretty heavily due to poor spending over the last 5 or 6 years.
Yes but a club like Inter Milan cannot sell Hakimi for 70m and expect to buy a replacement from us for less than they would spend on their Christmas party.

I get that teams are struggling but teams also still have money for transfers. If they don't then they have to sell. If Hakimis transfer only covers the debt then a club like us who supposedly has a war chest should be exploiting them. Some players won't want to leave them but look if Inter are so skint they may have to advise the player they have to sell them.

I feel a lot of the foreign clubs have the idea lets stop the PL continuing to take over and when we buy from them offer them nothing but when they want something let's overcharge them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There aren't really any outstanding candidates to replace him. I really like the look of Lamptey, but I feel he needs a full season where he is playing regularly before we go for him.

Go with Chambers and Cedric for another season and focus on strengthening properly elsewhere. Reasses the situation next summer.
the problem we could face that Chambers is injury prone and Cedric you want him out of starting line up if we want european places he average it's important to sign a RB even if he is average defensively but offensively he as good as Tierney.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

total agreement between Bellerin and Inter he'll earn 3.5M a year he was earing 5.7M at arsenal. Marotta now negotiating with Arsenal to get deal done.

Funny GIF

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Yes but a club like Inter Milan cannot sell Hakimi for 70m and expect to buy a replacement from us for less than they would spend on their Christmas party.

I get that teams are struggling but teams also still have money for transfers. If they don't then they have to sell. If Hakimis transfer only covers the debt then a club like us who supposedly has a war chest should be exploiting them. Some players won't want to leave them but look if Inter are so skint they may have to advise the player they have to sell them.

I feel a lot of the foreign clubs have the idea lets stop the PL continuing to take over and when we buy from them offer them nothing but when they want something let's overcharge them.
Yes but if other clubs wont pay the price we hope compromises will have to be made, dont forget there is also the pay issue, As well as needing to agree a fee some players wont want to leave us and take a big pay cut. One of the main reason we have attracted/kept players over the last few years is due to paying big wages.
Its tricky i agree with you in ideal circumstances Xhaka & Bellerin would fetch 40m but unfortunately the circumstances right now are far from ideal.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
If we were looking to buy this guy people would be raving at £40 million being a great deal.

You gotta realise successful capitalism has to be a two-way process.
😂 No club in their right mind would pay 40m for Hector.
Maybe you have a point though as we are a club that paid 50m for Laca, 35m for mustafi etc

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If we were looking to buy this guy people would be raving at £40 million being a great deal.

You gotta realise successful capitalism has to be a two-way process.

40m a great deal for player which last had decent season back over 5 years ago and has been either worst or second starting 11 player each season since? We be fuming if we base it on his peformances rather than his IG posts or fifa rating.

It was clear to see the Improvement having Chambers at RB elevated Pepe performances over than having Bellerin.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Aren't there any other decent Scottish blokes that can play right back? Rather pleased with the one we got.

balthazar

How much for Dest? Barca are in financial meltdown and they have Emerson as well. Actually, I haven''t watched Barca, did he live up to the hype last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom