• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The report literally says the club is trying to find a solution. Fact is, nobody's willing to pay up for him.

Adjust the price and sell him. Fact is, they don't really want to because we were never once seriously linked with a RB all summer.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So basically we have 4 right backs. 2 of them want to leave. One makes out like he wants to compete so he can sit out his contract. The other is a CB, who clearly isn't good enough for people but because of his attitude and demeanour fans completely ignore him.

We obviously don't have a plan, or we would have a target, which we don't. One of the main positions we need to upgrade on and we refuse to sell anyone in that position.

What I don't get that is when we sell players they have to he at a discount fee. Who wants players from a struggling 8th place team. Unless they are the young players they are not worth anything. So we should take what we can get for them to clear the room and make space.

However, Arteta has issues letting players go. Newcastle didn't even know what we wanted to do with Joe Willock. They made their interest known very early in the window.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So basically we have 4 right backs. 2 of them want to leave. One makes out like he wants to compete so he can sit out his contract. The other is a CB, who clearly isn't good enough for people but because of his attitude and demeanour fans completely ignore him.

We obviously don't have a plan, or we would have a target, which we don't. One of the main positions we need to upgrade on and we refuse to sell anyone in that position.

What I don't get that is when we sell players they have to he at a discount fee. Who wants players from a struggling 8th place team. Unless they are the young players they are not worth anything. So we should take what we can get for them to clear the room and make space.

However, Arteta has issues letting players go. Newcastle didn't even know what we wanted to do with Joe Willock. They made their interest known very early in the window.

They made their interest known and we said 20M + or we keep him. They offered loans, it's pretty well documented. You can wish things into existence as much as you want.. Newcastle were the only club in for him and they only waited it out to see if we would blink first on a loan deal. We didn't want that.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

I’ve thought this before with Arteta. He doesn’t really seem to be the type that says “you need to find yourself a new club, there’s no place for you here”. It feels like it’s more like “if you want to leave you can but my door is always open”.

Now, that’s a decent approach if you’ve got a valued squad member, but if it’s players you don’t have any plans for they need to be told unequivocally that they should **** off. We’ve seen in recent seasons with Xhaka, Bellerin and AMN that they’re players not really wanted but Arteta has given them mixed signals which has ultimately seen them reject moves. AMN could’ve easily pushed through that move to Wolves last summer if he really thought it was his best option for regular football. This is what AMN said last season about the move not happening

“It was about the manager having faith in me and him letting me know what’s going on and the situation. He did that and everything was fine in the end.

So what did Arteta do after all that? Hardly played him and sent him out on loan to a relegated team. £15-20m missed out on because Arteta is a ****ing indecisive ****bag. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's funny they frustrated and nobody want them wtf we can do? I'm willing to take financial loses just so they can finally go.

By the way bellerin asked to leave early in window and nobody came close of what we want

TornadoTed

Established Member
I wonder if Bellerin would go to Everton, they have an ageing Seamus Coleman and Jonjoe Kenny as the only backup and he has been on loan for the last 2 seasons. They could pay his wages and he would get games there.

Gn1212

To me it looks like the club have valued him too high and Bellerin and his people are the ones doing all the leg work to exit.

The hierarchy are playing poker instead, hoping someone will come in and pay the inflated asking price for a clearly out of favour player.
The club would get hounded if they lowered their demands for him though. We saw it with Guendouzi and Xhaka. Dumfries went for 10m, that's probably what we'll have to lower it to for a side that Hector wants to actually come in for him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
This news coupled with the Auba/Laca thing feels like the beginning of the end for Arteta to me. Paints the picture that everything isn't as rosy as they'd like us to believe behind the scenes between players and coaching staff.

The biggest Arsenal man we really have in the squad would take a pay cut rather than be here. Doesn't look good.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I'm reading kroenke or (tim Lewis) won't free up money or sign off deals unless we sell and reduce the wage-bill And that absolutely right and good management. Edu and Garlick has 2 weeks to sort this out or we'll really should consider sack both and i don't want change DOF every short period. But this is frustrating the dressing room will be so toxic with all unwanted players and the players don't want to be here.

Gn1212

I wonder if Bellerin would go to Everton, they have an ageing Seamus Coleman and Jonjoe Kenny as the only backup and he has been on loan for the last 2 seasons. They could pay his wages and he would get games there.
Romano said in an interview that Xhaka and Bellerin had offers from the PL, which they both rejected. If they go it'll be abroad.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The club would get hounded if they lowered their demands for him though. We saw it with Guendouzi and Xhaka. Dumfries went for 10m, that's probably what we'll have to lower it to for a side that Hector wants to actually come in for him.
Not true at all, many here would pay to give these guys away. The problem with the Guendouzi exit was the people who stayed in his place, plus he's still young and not finished.

We got a couple hundred k initially for Mavraponos, people moaned but they quickly got over it.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Perhaps not charge so much for him whilst losing to a championship side and playing a CBs or LBs ahead of him?

Loads of things really. It's just not good enough Yousif.
I agree should consider take financial hit to let them leave at this point

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Exactly, I know he's fallen off and many Arsenal fans will be happy to see the back of him, but Bellerin genuinely loves Arsenal, when a guy like that is desperate to leave it suggests something's wrong at the club.

There is probably something in this, but also he may just want a new challenge? He's been here for a decade now and is in and out of the team. Best for all parties to move on.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Exactly, I know he's fallen off and many Arsenal fans will be happy to see the back of him, but Bellerin genuinely loves Arsenal, when a guy like that is desperate to leave it suggests something's wrong at the club.
tbf Bellerin has been keen to leave for close to 5 years now, it's not something new.. We kept rejecting any advances until now. Didn't we reject a 30m bid for him just last year?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Arteta also should absolutely stop forcing people who want to leave stay here xhaka bellerin AMN even holding all should be gone last season and apart from Xhaka and Holding non of bellerin and AMN involved and we lost value and Holding and Xhaka won't help us get even top 6 so he need to stop having favorites and think about how build team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom