• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Bellerin didn't really do anything positive though did he? I mean just because Bellerin didn't get torn to shreds defensively for a change we automatically view it as him having a good game. That's just how poor Bellerin has been for us the past 3 seasons. It just shows how much the better the likes of Lichtsteiner, Nacho and Kola are as we judge them by a higher standard.
Really? The difference in our attack on the right is night and day when Bellerin plays. I love Lichsteiner, but our right side offense is pretty much non-existent when he plays and he hasn't been fault-free in defence either. Considering the system Emery wants to play, his decision of playing Bellerin ahead of Lichsteiner is totally justified and correct.

blaze_of_glory

Improved a lot from the first few weeks I think. Very involved in attacking moves and seems a bit more solid in defence, though I think he still has work to do there. Touch on the ball has gotten a lot better than it was at the start of the season though. I was pulling my hair out with the number of times he would bumble a pass or overhit it on the dribble, but he's sorted it out for the most part.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Improved a lot from the first few weeks I think. Very involved in attacking moves and seems a bit more solid in defence, though I think he still has work to do there. Touch on the ball has gotten a lot better than it was at the start of the season though. I was pulling my hair out with the number of times he would bumble a pass or overhit it on the dribble, but he's sorted it out for the most part.
As I've said countless times, his touch is world class.

TheArsenalis

Again, Lich was solid, but Hector has that heat on the pitch that really affects the game
I have to give hector ratings, 2 things I want to see improvement on, his aggression in defence, not saying get better defensively because most full backs are crap at it or just above average, and secondly taking on players in the final third. He seems to lack the ability to beat a player. Otherwise he is growing on me.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I have to give hector ratings, 2 things I want to see improvement on, his aggression in defence, not saying get better defensively because most full backs are crap at it or just above average, and secondly taking on players in the final third. He seems to lack the ability to beat a player. Otherwise he is growing on me.
Definitely, Hector shows so much growth when you realise what a great player he is.

ptrcopp

Bellerin is a different player this season. He looks more confident defensively and more free going forward. He looks like the player that first broke a few seasons ago in Debuchy’s and Chambers’ absence.
I think this has a lot to do with the demands Emery has on the players playing in front of him. Whoever is RW is playing deeper. This goes for both Mhiki and Özil who didn’t appear to have that kind of responsibility when played there under Wenger. We also now play with two deeper CM which allows for better cover in the wide defensive positions. No longer is Xhaka alone expected to cover for both the LB and RB when they push forward. This in turn allows Bellerin to press higher as well, and with his pace it becomes really effective.
Last season and the season before Bellerin appeared to always caught in the middle of attacking and defending. He was always in the half way position which made him look like he was out of position for an attacking poition or a defensive position. The ball would be switched by our team and he wouldn’t get on the end of it because he was too deep for what was expected. And if it was switched by the opposition he would be slightly too far forward.
When Bellerin did get in possession of the ball on the right there was always a lot of frustration he wouldn’t take on his man. Previously there would be no one covering him, or anyone in front of him, so the risk was too great. If he loses the ball there is no one behind him, if he wins the duel, where does he go next? There are FIFA -sequel one-twos going on down the right hand side now because other offensive players are nearer to him. Now there is someone near him offensively and someone behind him so he doesn’t just have to play it sideways.
He is doing the job of an attacking full back now, not a defensive full back, a winger, and right sided midfielder.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I wanted him to sit this game out for Liasffsdgteiner but his performance was top top quality. He looked like the player most expected him to be.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Still not totally convinced but have to say he has upped his game offensively this season. That's what I expect from Hector if he can't help us defensively-- make the difference on the other end!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He always knew how to cross and his touch has always been world class. People just couldn't see the absolutely world class sexy rightback in front of them.
I must have imagined all those floaters and crosses that hit the first defender then

ptrcopp

Still not totally convinced but have to say he has upped his game offensively this season. That's what I expect from Hector if he can't help us defensively-- make the difference on the other end!

I thought he was defensively very sound today, and has been for a while

ThlRama

Player:Saka
He takes time to find confidence, warms up as the game goes on, his passing deep is shaky sometimes, his crossing is mostly bad, but his cutbacks, pace, positioning, ability for one-twos, and general intelligence in the final third are very encouraging. He has also improved his defensive positioning, isn't getting beaten like a naive child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom