• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
Barkley has 8 goals and 7 assists in the PL as a 22 year old playing for a mid-table team. I think that's worthy of being on the shortlist.

Reactions: A_G

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Well at least they are family men, good values are important!

dysphoria

Established Member
As with every young player, you're not going to get consistency and he has, been both offensively and defensively lacking for two games now. I know he scored against wolves via that deflection but he really needs to work on his crossing, from sagna to bellerin, both couldn't put in dangerous crosses consistently to save their lives. Buck the **** up.

dysphoria

Established Member
Poor in the final third. In fact I think both our fullbacks are to be honest.

This. Both our fullbacks are poor to be honest and it does my head in when you consider that the last properly damgerous fullback we had was ashley ****ing cole. Look as someone like cresswell at west ham, just as young and inexperienced as bellerin but his crosses are dangerous and they're not blindly swung in.

I've noticed that our fullbacks love to kill the ball dead before swinging in hopeful, misplaced looping balls with no pace, noticed this with clichy and sagna back in the day, i can only assume crosses aren't being worked on during training just like almost everything else.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
Bellerin crosses really are frustratingly inaccurate. Technic isn't bad but they never go to one of our players, he needs to work on them big time. He had a fair few good dribbles today though, he can skin slow wide players well which is very useful for counterattacks.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Fullbacks obviously are not trained in crossing. Seems like no matter who our fullbacks are they cross the same.

infinium

I think it is becoming obvious that there are systemic problems in terms of training and tactical preparation. It cannot be a coincidence that generation after generation of Arsenal full backs cannot cross to save their lives.

ArsenalCRO

Can't disagree with recent comments. His high crosses are so terrible. They are those kind of slow lofted in crosses that any half decent goalkeeper will be able to claim without too much of a hassle. It really pisses me off. Needs some serious work on that part of his game.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Stagnated this season. Training must be an issue as when he was first dropped into the squad he could actually better a man, especially when he would occasionally cut inside. Now it seems he can only beat someone by knocking it past them.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
This. Both our fullbacks are poor to be honest and it does my head in when you consider that the last properly damgerous fullback we had was ashley ****ing cole. Look as someone like cresswell at west ham, just as young and inexperienced as bellerin but his crosses are dangerous and they're not blindly swung in.

I've noticed that our fullbacks love to kill the ball dead before swinging in hopeful, misplaced looping balls with no pace, noticed this with clichy and sagna back in the day, i can only assume crosses aren't being worked on during training just like almost everything else.
Monreal happens to be one of the best crossers in the team. Don't know why we have to criticize both when the fault clearly lies in one. Even in the Palace match he put a delightful cross in begging for someone to head it in, but none of our forwards could make use of it.
With regards to Bellerin, I think crossing is not taught in la masia, neither do we insist on crossing. Interestingly, Jenkinson had a great cross on him when he broke through, don't know how good he's at it now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Also not enough development for me especially as we all know he's a high potential prospect. He's still way ahead of the curve for his age but I want to see more growth from him next season.

Think Wenger might be losing his touch at developing youth as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom