• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Who's everyone's preferred replacement?

I'm in two minds - I think signing someone within that Bellerin age range (23-27) would be ideal, but I am also a big Jayden Bogle fan at the moment, has huge potential.

I think we need to move on from potential and get ready made players in, we're not really in the best place to be developing talent we need some to come in and hit the ground running.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Lamptey feels a bit like a young Bellerin, his pace is so exceptional that his game is entirely based on it, meaning he doesn't develop other parts of his game. What happens if that pace disappears. Maybe i'm wrong, but i'm not sure that's the type we need. Also he just signed a new contract, you'd have to spend a lot of money for a guy who's played a handful of PL senior games.

With our record with muscular injuries, Lamptey wouldn’t be ideal. Think he’s been out for a large part of this season already for Brighton. His pace is exceptional, but can see that causing lots of issues down the line (hopefully not for him)

If we can find a Sagna regen, I’d be happy

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Who's everyone's preferred replacement?

I'm in two minds - I think signing someone within that Bellerin age range (23-27) would be ideal, but I am also a big Jayden Bogle fan at the moment, has huge potential.
For me its Mazraoui from Ajax. He's looking almost like the Moroccan Cancelo.

He has the ability to play CM -so can tuck in there like Cancelo, perfect balance considering Tierney is an overlapper on the other side. He is also quite fast, a good dribbler and big too. I think he could be a fantastic PL right back for us. On top of all this, I was shocked to find out he's only 23. He's my choice for RB right now. Would probably cost almost half the amount the likes of Matty Cash or Lamptey would cost.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think we need to move on from potential and get ready made players in, we're not really in the best place to be developing talent we need some to come in and hit the ground running.
I agree to an extent, which is why I think signing someone just before peak age would be the best bet. Mazraoui is another decent shout.

I still think that Bogle will be a top player though, that's someone who could end up being a big miss if we don't sign well in that position. We have a few Hale Enders who I think will end up being very good RBs but that's so long away that I don't even think we should be planning with that in mind.

I also think we need to sign someone who has a bit of time on their side, so I think the low end of 23-27 would be best. Last thing I want is another Cedric.

We have been signing ready-made players in recent years and it has got us nowhere.

I don't think we even can afford the quality of ready-made players we need. These will be just more cases of Xhaka, Mustafi, Lacazette, Leno, Luiz, Willian, Mari, Cedric, etc.

We need to change strategy that is for sure.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Like others have said if Tierney is going to be our fullback come winger I think we need a RB more comfortable in possession and can move into midfield.

Bellerin is clearly instructed (or at least allowed) to move internally. It's why he's so bad with Pepe. Doesn't know when and where to move and gets in Pepe's way

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Like others have said if Tierney is going to be our fullback come winger I think we need a RB more comfortable in possession and can move into midfield.

Bellerin is clearly instructed (or at least allowed) to move internally. It's why he's so bad with Pepe. Doesn't know when and where to move and gets in Pepe's way

Or we buy a fullback who is good enough to play wide and tuck infield. That way our buildup isn't solely down the left and if we had a right back who could attack like Tierney, we could invert Tierney and push the rb forward, making us more unpredictable.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Or we buy a fullback who is good enough to play wide and tuck infield. That way our buildup isn't solely down the left and if we had a right back who could attack like Tierney, we could invert Tierney and push the rb forward, making us more unpredictable.

Yeah my preference would be for our fullbacks to overlap mostly and leave the informed aybtknthe more attacking and technically talented forwards. What you're talking about would be ideal but I think very expensive

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We just don't make this type of signing. Olise is also the other obvious talent. I just don't think we are a smart club. I can't see us going for anyone who isn't foreign, or obvious. Arteta and Edu are just doing their own thing and Arteta will likely sign experience in order to make up for his lack of it.
I'd argue that Bogle is an obvious signing. He's better than Aarons IMO and he'll most likely be cheaper.

I think you're 100% correct with the latter statement though - they'll go for experience most likely. Again, I hope they are at least smart enough to go for someone in their early 20s at least with a bit of upside.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Weirdly that article also suggests PSG are looking for free agents as they have limited funds post Covid.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Weirdly that article also suggests PSG are looking for free agents as they have limited funds post Covid.
They still have troubles with ffp but they likely signing Florenzi for 8m who better RB than Hector

Malky

Established Member
They still have troubles with ffp but they likely signing Florenzi for 8m who better RB than Hector
If that's true then it feels like PSG were our only chance of getting a decent fee for Bellerin, Barca, for example, are broke as **** and will only offer us a swap deal, which will result in us getting no players that directly improve our starting 11.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

I’d even be fine with a straight swap for Dest to be honest. Don’t know how others would feel about that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom