• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
We need a left back as well. Not convinced by Kolasinac and Monreal is aging. Not to mention that Sandro is genuine star quality and would immediately become one of the best players of the team.
1. Sandro wouldn't leave Juve for Arsenal.
2. We already have two left backs and no one to compete with Bellerin, so I don't see the point in going for him.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I honestly think this is a good decision if true. I trust our new scouting team to identify a cheap talent somewhere (with AMN becoming immediate backup) and reinvest the Bellerin money where we more desperately need it (ie GK, CB, CDM, or LW). When you're low on funds, you have to make moves like this one.

scytheavatar

Established Member
We are not going to get 50 million for Bellerin unless we are selling him to the Manchester clubs, no way other clubs will pay that amount for a full back. Especially one that hasn't improved for a while. Any right back we get to replace Bellerin will almost certainly be a downgrade from him, Niles needs to improve a lot defensively or we are going to be in big trouble with him as first choice right back. We do not have a lot of players that could get into the City or Utd starting XI, and Bellerin is one of the few that actually could. Losing him will be a blow that's going to be difficult to recover from.

HBL

Established Member
I honestly think this is a good decision if true. I trust our new scouting team to identify a cheap talent somewhere (with AMN becoming immediate backup) and reinvest the Bellerin money where we more desperately need it (ie GK, CB, CDM, or LW). When you're low on funds, you have to make moves like this one.
If we can somehow get £50-60m for him and replace him with Sidibe then I wouldn’t mind but I’m struggling to think of many right backs that would be available?

If we don’t sell Mustafi before this guy I’d be extremely annoyed.

Bellerin close to be fully developed and ready to push on and become a world class player and we want to get rid to start developing a new cheap youngster. It is a hellish circle really.

I doubt teams like Juventus or Barcelona are gonna pay unless it is like 10 millions up front and then 5 millions per year in installments for 10 years. Not really a quick money we need to be relevant in the transfer market.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wonder if it's a coincidence that we we've done much better without him.

Chambers and AMN did a reasonable job of keeping our defensive shape.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wonder if it's a coincidence that we we've done much better without him.

Chambers and AMN did a reasonable job of keeping our defensive shape.
Just an FYI on this post...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-flop-Mathieu-Debuchy-beats-Neymar-award.html

I don't think it is a coincidence. He's been very unimpressive. In the space of three seasons my concern in defense has switched from "we need a Left fullback" to "We need a new defense". Hector's stagnation is very concerning.

Newchange

Id be intersted in taking liechtensteiner from Juve for a few seasons. Experienced, Leader and solid while AMN can develop would make sense. Bellerin money can be reinvested in the team while we get a better defensive fullback who can actually put in a decent cross.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just an FYI on this post...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-flop-Mathieu-Debuchy-beats-Neymar-award.html

I don't think it is a coincidence. He's been very unimpressive. In the space of three seasons my concern in defense has switched from "we need a Left fullback" to "We need a new defense". Hector's stagnation is very concerning.
Debuchy looked OK the odd game he played, but his injury record was horrendous. So not sure how long he'll last at St Etienne, he's only had 6 appearances so far.

There are some players we really miss when they're out, like Özil, and um . . . . . . Özil. But Bellerin isn't really one of them.

Jae

I wouldn't be opposed to this, however there is a distinct lack of (available) right backs at the minute. It may be a case of playing 3 CD's at the back and signing a RWB, would probably suit us as Kolasinac is better as a LWB rather than a LB anyway.

HBL

Established Member
Other than Sidibe can anyone actually think of other high quality right backs that would be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom