• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We shouldn't sell when we have so much to rebuild in defense already.

Technically replaceable though and we would need some funds, given our pathetic 'war chest' (if the mentioned 70m is correct), but I would still opt against it. Don't think it's good for the squad to replace too many first XI players in 1 season.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can't even argue it being a case of selling to reinvest as that simply doesn't happen.

Even with the purchases of Lacazette and Aubameyang with still made a small profit, yet didn't Ornstein say on deadline day that Evans wouldn't happen because we had no money left?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He should be near the bottom of the list, in terms of sellable assets. Id sell if it meant bringing in somebody like Sidibe, but realistically selling a top Young player is nonsensical.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Understandable if the 50m is true. Arguably replaceable and allows us to go strengthen the spine.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
His rep is still strong because of his breakthrough in 14/15 through to the end of the 15/16 season. That's two years where he hasn't really progressed if we're brutally honest.

Only problem with selling him is that a large chunk of the fee would probably be needed for the replacement.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I can see him going, we need to add to our budget and he's not really improving. Spend half on a new RB (Mislintats job to find one under the radar) and add the rest to our budget. For RB back up we'll have to use one of our young players from the academy. Bellerin & Mustafi likely to be our big sales this summer to add to the budget. We also have loanees to clear if possible; Jenks, Campbell, Lucas, Akpom, Asano.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
What abuse we talking? At games or things said on social media?

Personally I don't think the image he gives off does him any favours - that he clocks off from football and focuses on other interests. Just gives weight to reasons for why he isnt progressing. Knuckle down and improve in the field that is paying you a fortune - you're a long time retired (from the game) so plenty of time for making in roads into other business ventures.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What abuse we talking? At games or things said on social media?

Personally I don't think the image he gives off does him any favours - that he clocks off from football and focuses on other interests. Just gives weight to reasons for why he isnt progressing. Knuckle down and improve in the field that is paying you a fortune - you're a long time retired (from the game) so plenty of time for making in roads into other business ventures.
Think the AFTV obsession with him is OTT, and he clearly takes notice of it.

For me he’s a 22 year who is still developing, he’s going to make mistakes and play poorly at this stage in his career.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Most of the weirdness towards him comes from DT, saw the other day that he said we’d only get 25m for him. :lol:

Don’t buy the ‘focus on football’ argument either, they have so much free time even with putting in an extra hour or two every day.

Did like the idea of a Bellerin/Martial swap someone put on Twitter, would also allow us to bin Lacazette without worrying about an injury to Auba.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Think the AFTV obsession with him is OTT, and he clearly takes notice of it.

For me he’s a 22 year who is still developing, he’s going to make mistakes and play poorly at this stage in his career.
I think at 22 he's just past that period where you expect a second wind for a youngster. I agree its normal for them to drop off for a long period after initially exploding onto the scene as he kind of did, but at 22 he's not a kid in football terms, and he's never shown a good understanding of the game if we're honest. It has all been about exploiting space with his pace and recovery tackles... using his pace. He's shown zero in just about every other facet of the game.

£45m will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom