• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Slightly different situations - Giggs and Terry never took to social media to tell others to cheat on their partners, what they did only affected them and those involved. Bellerin is on Twitter posting lies, trying to push an agenda onto people to convince them to give up meat and dairy.
Who cares what he's doing on the social media, as long as it doesn't affect his performances on the pitch.

blaise

Everything is relative.

If we sold Bellerin for 50m and brought in Tierney, Meunier, Saliba and Carrasco im confident to say that leaves us stronger than how we finished the season.

You can bring two of these players with 50m so you are asking yourself is Meunier + 1 of these players better than Bellerin. If Meunier flops you are ****ed as we were after Hector went down. We should be targeting someone cheaper to cover for Bellerin or use Osei-tutu there.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You can bring two of these players with 50m so you are asking yourself is Meunier + 1 of these players better than Bellerin. If Meunier flops you are ****ed as we were after Hector went down. We should be targeting someone cheaper to cover for Bellerin or use Osei-tutu there.

The manager needs players in that he has helped identify to play in his system. This team needs an overhaul and two players is not an overhaul. Neither are four players but its going in the right direction. The only way we can fund the overhaul is by selling. We know this.

If a player comes in and flops then it happens. Its not like it hasnt happened in the past. And i certainty wouldnt let it put me off. Three windows could see Emery put out his own defence

Leno
Meunier Sokratis Saliba Tierney

Why would we deny that opportunity in an area we need to improve because it might go wrong. May as well never sign anyone.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Do you think we're making the top four with our current squad? I don't. We'll have to risk bringing in players that might flop so that we can move up. Bellerin alone won't propel us back into top four, not when the gap is so large.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Ditch the our poorest first team player and weak link of of our defence the past few seasonss? Yes Pleas3.

Don't trust the story though as fatterin isn't exaclty a Simeone type player. No defensive nous about him, cant tackcle , no positional awareness. Infact Bellerin has lost his one attribute which was he pace before he got fat on tofu. I don't know what he actually does well apart take selfies?

blaise

Do you think we're making the top four with our current squad? I don't. We'll have to risk bringing in players that might flop so that we can move up. Bellerin alone won't propel us back into top four, not when the gap is so large.

Of course he wont but you saw how we played before his injury and after. I doubt we can replace his influence if we sell him, let alone become stronger.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Now that Ramsey is gone he's really our only Arsenal through-and-through player. Don't want to see him go.

blaise

Also everybody wanting Emery to build his own defense should be vary, Sevilla also had problems with goals against, especiallly away from home, Emery likes his fullbacks to attack.

blaise

For me midfield is the key, if we are not compact, athletic and with enough technical ability no centerback or fullback will improve our defense. We simply rarely control centre of the pitch and are catastrophic in controlling opponents transition.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Classic AM defence! It’s somebody else’s fault that he is positionally poor and can’t really defend. There is never any substance to that defence either – it’s just somebody else’s fault... The stuff we see him do regularly has nothing to do with anybody else.

I do agree that he is not the problem or a problem, though, but his sale is being discussed here, so here we are.
He has his faults and by no means is the perfect fullback. He IS one of our better players and happens to love the Arsenal.
As I said, if you can’t defend as a team then you cannot defend.
No support from the midfield is IMO the main problem, telling that you often see Laca dropping deep into our half to make a challenge. We simply do not have the required mindset to defend nor the players, as mentioned already on this topic if we get a sensational offer, say 60+ mill and have identified a better replacement great. If not tell whoever it is to f*** off.
Until then, get behind Hector aka fashun week.

blaise

It is not like I am big fan od Bellerin or something but for our game he is really important, unless we bring couple of game changers like Zaha instead of him you ll see Wolves getting ahead of us. Meunier and Carrasco wont solve anything. After couple of months we ll be playing Iwobi instead of Carrasco anyway. We need to work hard, try to replace our weak links one by one and give more minutes to our youth. Only there you can find some value which could help us close the gap faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom