• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Hector Bellerin (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Never saw this coming after Edu declared he’s happy to pay off contracts FFS.
Not sure Sport are a reliable source for anything. Like the Italian press, they just make stuff up, largely based on what they think their readers want to happen.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I wonder if we're holding out for £5m just yo be pedantic. Hector Haa apparently agreed a reduced wage. No reason for this to drag on. I'd be surprised if Edu was referring to Hector who clearly isn't trying to sit on his contract and wasn't here and failing to contribute last season. Who knows?
You are probably right. Think i am just throwing shade at every 27 year old who isn't moving on.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The clubs are not paying 5m because Heccy only wants to go to one particular club and that club knows Assna have a big history of cancelling players' contracts
That's really not our fault if the guy has one club in his mind. He rejected everyone else.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Player reducing his salary by quite a bit to join them, fair play. Not a single word from him unlike with Torreira, but I'd still like to get something, this canceling contracts out was already out of hand.

Every club knows they can just sit it out with us.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Player reducing his salary by quite a bit to join them, fair play. Not a single word from him unlike with Torreira, but I'd still like to get something, this canceling contracts out was already out of hand.

Every club knows they can just sit it out with us.
Well Edu did basically confirm we'll do that under certain conditions :facepalm:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Well Edu did basically confirm we'll do that under certain conditions :facepalm:

If Hector leaves on a free that will make:

Mustafi
Sokratis
Özil
Auba
Willian (mutal, wages forgone)
Hector (same as Willian)
Kolasinac
Chambers (had six months, let go on a free)
Mikhitarian

And likely a couple more I can't remember.

That's basically most our permanent transfer out business on the past windows. You can argue a lot of these players didn't have much value, but if you don't at least get a couple of million in, the result is what we're seeing today with Torreira and Hector.

Mari, Runnarson, Cedric will also all join that prestigious list once they get closer and closer to their contract end dates.

Malky

Established Member
Raphinha only wanted Barca, but Leeds didn't cancel his contract and somehow got 60m for him
Raphinha had other clubs intrested, wasn't a 27 year old full back who relied purely on his pace that he no longer has and his salary was around half of what we're paying Bellerin.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The clubs are not paying 5m because Heccy only wants to go to one particular club and that club knows Assna have a big history of cancelling players' contracts

He's counts as homegrown :lol:

If he wasn't dead set on Real Betis he would absolutely have some value to some of the teams in the lower half with championship right backs.

People love to play victim when it comes to Arsenal, but how many fringe players are mind broken to the point where they can only envision playing for their hometown or a specific club? Some of this is Arsenal's fault but hopefully they get a handle on it when this current crop of deadwood go.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Raphinha only wanted Barca, but Leeds didn't cancel his contract and somehow got 60m for him
Comparing Raphinha to a crocked Hector Bellerin..

40f.png

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Hector's a proper Arsenal man, no matter what you think of him as a player. He's also a good lad, people that obsess with his clothing and lifestyle are very suss.

Good luck to the guy, hope he gets the move he wants.
I agree with this but as a proper Arsenal man he should also want the club to get an acceptable fee for him.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Hoping this is more true. Let’s go our seperate ways FFS. But, all the best. Never hated you. Clean break.
Isn't that literally the same thing - a contract termination - just put in a slightly more positive way?

I've no problem with Bellerin getting the move he wants in isolation. He's been a fantastic servant to the club.

He's much better than is getting made out on here as well, even without his pace he's a solid enough PL right back. Good enough to be a back up here, although I rate Cedric a bit above him and ideally they both go.

It's worrying though that firstly no one wants our players and secondly that we are so terrible at shifting them. A consistent top 6 team in the PL should have takers - can't put it all down to the economic environment, our wages are too high, but Edu and Co are to blame as well, surely.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Aren't the ones that paid £21m for denlison back in 1998. They're definitely not a pauper club.

They should at least pay th equivalent of bellerins contract about £5m.

TinFish

Wish we sold him to Barca before, could have killed two birds with 1 stone. There aint no lever Barca can pull to get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom