• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Hector Bellerin (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Formula 1 is extremely demanding from a physical perspective…not so sure I’d dismiss it as mainly hand-eye coordination…

Yep, when you look at how much body weight they lose while racing you have to be a real specimen to be able to keep your mental faculties and reactions razor sharp in those conditions.

It's not like F1 is darts or something :lol:

You can't get all the nutrients you need in your diet from a vegan diet. I'd google 'nutrients you can't get from a vegan diet' if you want to explore that.

It's also very difficult to maintain any form of healthy diet and load with protein on a vegan diet.

It is easy with diet and supplementation.

It's also not difficult for dedicated vegan eaters to maintain any form of a healthy diet and get their protein. A lot of people around me are doing it and they are below 1000€ per week. Bellerin probably get food bought for him, the schedule made for him and it is probably also cooked for him most of the days.

My opinion is that Bellerin's injuries have zero to do with his lifestyle choices and all to do with how quick he was and the severity of impact injuries he got. Walcott and Owen suffered the same and I don't think they were vegans.

Novak Djokovic is vegan.

Seems to work for him ;)

Vegan or not vegan most of these guys are getting their nutrition intake right. Even normal people with average salaries or below average salaries can do it, go to the gym and look like freaks physically.

Injuries for footballers have a lot more to do with how much they are playing football than what they are eating. International football should have been scrapped a long time ago. Awful football and just takes an important rest for most of these players.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Novak probably has a team of Dr's managing his lack of nutrients and protein levels because he no longer has a balanced diet.

Also he doesn't claim to be vegan...look it up, wouldn't be surprised he sneaks in an omelette from time to time.
Don't talk about this subject if you are just going to parrot some youtube videos or what some juicing bodybuilder told you at the gym. Like for real.

smashed

Look at the ridiculous strength of our cousins, the apes..
They are busy eating fruit and leaves...

They did studies on weight lifters back in the 60s and showed that lean muscle mass gains were the same even if a veggy..
I don't have the docs from my degree to hand and can't be assed looking for it, but it is true.

Arsenal crock all their players, even the ones that arrive with no previous issues..

TakeChillPill

Established Member
And does modern science back your claim that veganism contributes to injuries? I have been googling and haven't found one study that supports these claims.

Also most injuries prone players in sports today are the ones that eat meat. Diaby, Rosicky, Persie, and most recent Tomiyaso, Smith-Rowe, and Partey eat meat for example.

Really great study here if you're interested. Its on vegetarians and vegans Vs omnivores.

I understand vegetarians, they don't like the slaughter of animals for food, due to their ethical beliefs.

Veganism started off as a bunch of ultra vegetarians going " you know what, killing eggs is wrong" and "have you asked a cows if you can suckle from it's teet?"

Then it became cool to be vegan, vegetarians were seen as not hardcore enough....and now everyone is on the bandwagon.

Its only a matter of time we're going to have people who only drink water because eating food is causing climate change....15 years later footballers will start doing the same.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Really great study here if you're interested. Its on vegetarians and vegans Vs omnivores.

I understand vegetarians, they don't like the slaughter of animals for food, due to their ethical beliefs.

Veganism started off as a bunch of ultra vegetarians going " you know what, killing eggs is wrong" and "have you asked a cows if you can suckle from it's teet?"

Then it became cool to be vegan, vegetarians were seen as not hardcore enough....and now everyone is on the bandwagon.

Its only a matter of time we're going to have people who only drink water because eating food is causing climate change....15 years later footballers will start doing the same.

Who's the vegan manic dream pixie girl/guy that broke your heart, mate?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yep, when you look at how much body weight they lose while racing you have to be a real specimen to be able to keep your mental faculties and reactions razor sharp in those conditions.

It's not like F1 is darts or something :lol:
Darts, Snooker & Golf (to a lesser extent).

Bringing equality to all athletes, even those who love a pie or two 🤣

Relic

Look at the ridiculous strength of our cousins, the apes..
They are busy eating fruit and leaves...

Not getting into this debate about diet, but just on the part above:

Chimpanzees eat meat. Gorillas eat insects like Termites, Ants etc. Orangutans, although rare, will also eat meat.

Video of Oragutan easting a Slow Loris.

smashed

Not getting into this debate about diet, but just on the part above:

Chimpanzees eat meat. Gorillas eat insects like Termites, Ants etc. Orangutans, although rare, will also eat meat.

Video of Oragutan easting a Slow Loris.

Yes they can eat meat, the same as a human can.
They don't need to though, they are still absolute units.
Same for a rhino etc etc..

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Vegan or not vegan most of these guys are getting their nutrition intake right. Even normal people with average salaries or below average salaries can do it, go to the gym and look like freaks physically.

Injuries for footballers have a lot more to do with how much they are playing football than what they are eating. International football should have been scrapped a long time ago. Awful football and just takes an important rest for most of these players.

Also a lot people are just pre-disposed genetically to issues.

Not many bodies are built for the crazy strains of high level sport.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Tom Stoltman has gone vegan after he won wsm, let's see if he sticks to the diet and is competitive in the next one. David Haye has been a shot fighter for years, he got Koed twice by a former light heavy weight Tony Bellew and wrecked his Achilles tendon.

Augeros injury record has been a lot worse since he became vegan (not saying it's because of veganism is a direct cause) but its a fact just look him his injuries since 2015 when he became vegan. One of the reasons he cited was that it would help him to avoid injuries, the irony.

Regarding Hamilton and Brady, both their sports as a race car driver and and QB rely primarily on hand to eye coordination and their mental ability to mange stress in high pressure situations.

Don't get me wrong, vegetables are good a but to argue veganism somehow doesn't deplete your athletic potential as omnivores is just daft. Having a balanced diet is key. The majority of science supports that.
Wasn't talking about Stoltman. I meant Patrik Baboumian (never officially worlds strongest man, but broke a shed load of global strongman records after turning vegan).

Haye is indeed shot. He's 41 and has had spinal injuries, but still won major fights after going vegan. So he was still strong enough, which is the point you were trying to question.

Aguero has had knee problems since 2012, it was those catching up with him that buggered the tail end of his career - as most other injuries have been related to that. His diet helped limit inflammation which made him return quicker, but basically his knee was screwed even before Covid messed him up properly.

If you think Hamilton and Brady don't require incredible physical endurance in their fields, you literally have no idea what you are talking about. Racing drivers are super fit at the top level, with the likes of Jensen Button regularly competing in triathlon's to keep their fitness up.

A research study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition gives empirical evidence proving that veganism is in no way detrimental to muscle strength and improves both physical endurance and recovery times. Of course it has to be done properly to achieve these results, but the entire premise for your Bellerin bashing is bullshit. end of.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
The thing is, I'm not vegan, I'm not vegetarian and I don't even really care much about the ethical issues. I just hate eejits pontificating with all the knowledge of a brexit voter swimming in a bin, to justify slagging off someone who has already achieved more in their life, without hurting anyone, than most of us.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our lack of success has caused our reputation to take a massive hit.
Or maybe those players are really not that good. The reputation piece might be more on the negotiation piece, but either are players aren’t that good, or they are on crazy wages, it seems. One thing I do see is that we sometimes hold onto players for too long. AMN being an example. If he really wasn’t part of our plans we should’ve sold him when we had a decent offer.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We'll all appreciate Bellerin more once Cedric is done with us, I know I already do

I've never not liked him. His fall off also made sense to me too, we saw it happen.

I hope he gets his desired move anyways.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom