• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Hector Bellerin (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Remembering those days that Barca wanted to give £40m for this clown and we rejected his return several times.
Cruciate injuries are a bastard. Before he was quick enough to compensate for weaknesses, and the first few months under Unai his passing was developing and he was getting a better body shape in and out of possession. Came back having lost that progress and the top gear physically.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Cruciate injuries are a bastard. Before he was quick enough to compensate for weaknesses, and the first few months under Unai his passing was developing and he was getting a better body shape in and out of possession. Came back having lost that progress and the top gear physically.

Yea his pace totally dropped off a cliff. His pace was world class before that injury. Although he seemed to regain it a bit with his pace and contribution to Auba's FA Cup winner

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Thought he was alright during the Wenger days, saw off Debuchy with minimal fuss.

I remember seeing him for the youth team back in the day, he looked electric.
Pace merchant, with that speed you don’t have to be as good technically but the guy couldn’t cross or pass really. Barely had any ball control, injuries ruined though tbf he could have improved those aspects alongside the pace would’ve been a great player.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Thought he was alright during the Wenger days, saw off Debuchy with minimal fuss.

Not to knock on Heccy B because he was really good when he broke into the team. But Debuchy had some really unlucky injuries so he never really had a good chance for us. I remember that son of a whore Arnautovic shoving him into the boarding when the ball had already gone out which caused Debuchy to be out for a long stretch. Wasn’t even a foul either go figure. After that it was Heccy vs Jenko if I recall correctly.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I love all the 'Bellerin was always trash, just quick' merchants on here over the last 2 years, bemoaning the fact we didn't sell to Barca or City for £40m, completely without irony, despite the fact that if he was a trash pace only player, neither club would have wanted him because it wouldn't fit how they play.

At his best, he was excellent off the ball in the final third, top draw in carrying the ball up the pitch in the middle third, with great recoveries in the defensive third. Crucially, he had the personality to play for a top club, which goes a long way.

Now he never kicked on technically or defensively, but if you go from one of the quickest full backs in Europe to being slightly above average pace wise, whilst also losing both explosiveness and what limited strength you have, it impacts on all the areas that he excelled at - and you need to be great in possession/technically or defensively a rock. Otherwise you become a smarter Cedric with worse crossing

VancouverCanuck

Sounds like he was able to regular football at Betis.

If no one is willing to pay decent transfer fee, I would rather keep him and let him leave on for free in a year's time.

Tomi's injury record is troubling. Cedric is just not good enough to be relied upon for long stretch of games. Would rather have Bellerin who is also homegrown.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

It's ridiculous if we can't get at least 10M€ for Hector i know clubs thing we are charity these days but can't go on. Bellerin if he move to Betis or another club he'll likely earn 50% less than what he was earning here. So these clubs can't use as an excuse

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
He's still our best RB, and it's not close, but we probably burned the bridge with him. Sounds like a pay to leave situation is on the cards

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's apparently willing to waive his final year salary which is worth about £5m I think. So surely Betis only have to cough up £4m and by this time next year, we'll have been paid. I suspect we might need a fee for accounting purposes but I'm sure a deal can be done. It's better than a forever instalment deal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

If Betis really want him i don't understand how they don't have 10m in bank. Our asking price is reasonable too

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If Betis really want him i don't understand how they don't have 10m in bank. Our asking price is reasonable too
If we aren't getting money, I rather keep him for this season. Let him compete with Cedric, it's not like either is a very good 2nd RB.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I'd be happy for us to pay the full 10m for them to have Bellerin.
yeah yeah we know seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Tom Mix

I think it was Stoke who saw Debuchy off with minimum fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom