• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Hector Bellerin (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It’s crazy how often I click the threads of players like Bellerin, Torreira and Mari and see a tweet about a club ‘coming short’, asking for a loan with option to buy, or any other broke boy bullshit.

I don’t know why I bother clicking on these guys, it’s always bad news.

All jokes on Bellerin aside, I hope he stays for @Mitch sake.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Because they're on huge salaries for the quality of player.

We've been over paying mediocre players for over 15 years.
Was it Squillaci that first started this trend? Remember him being moved to the reserves and he was enjoying it being on 50k or something contract. You'll see fans so often being happy that nobodies like Elneny are on 75k but he smiles a lot and is always happy so it's fine for them

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
At this stage, it's mostly an accounting decision. If Bellerin waives his loyalty fee and we have sufficient RB cover, then let him go. We can sit him on the bench and pay 4m in wages, but if he's not getting ahead if Cedric, then what's the point? He's given us his best and was always engaged with the fans despite the abuse he got in the stadium. This has to he the way forward now.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s crazy how often I click the threads of players like Bellerin, Torreira and Mari and see a tweet about a club ‘coming short’, asking for a loan with option to buy, or any other broke boy bullshit.

I don’t know why I bother clicking on these guys, it’s always bad news.
They’ve not kept their desire to leave a secret, nor have we shown much interest in keeping them. You’re always going to get lowballed when that happens.

£10m each for Leno and Guendouzi feels like daylight robbery though when you see Liverpool sell unproven players like Ibe, Williams, Solanke and Brewster for £20m each.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
They’ve not kept their desire to leave a secret, nor have we shown much interest in keeping them. You’re always going to get lowballed when that happens.

£10m each for Leno and Guendouzi feels like daylight robbery though when you see Liverpool sell unproven players like Ibe, Williams, Solanke and Brewster for £20m each.

Those no marks went to other PL teams though. Our lot are being chased by broke ass opportunist Italian and Spanish clubs.

Now that you mention it how come English clubs rarely ever bid for our rejects like they do with other top6?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Must be. I mean Harry Winks wouldn’t go for £25m without all those trophies in his cabinet
Once upon a time we sold Oxlade Chamberlain and Iwobi for 25m+ but now we're seen as a joke of a club. 🤷‍♂️

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Now that you mention it how come English clubs rarely ever bid for our rejects like they do with other top6?
That's worth discussing. Either our rejects leave with their reputation destroyed or they get all sassy and go public with their desire to play in a particular league and particular club. The latter issue should be curbed somehow.

Leno is a shocker though. 10M is a joke for a keeper like him.

Mudi

But is this not normal? The one is challinging for title plus CL trophee while we are battling for top 4.
And it is not that we could not sell our deadwoods for better price, it is just that we are very naive in our approach. AMN, Bellerin, Nelson, Torreira, Chambers, Jenkinson, Campbell, ... all could have sold at a much better price, yet we waited too long to offload.

For the current squad, we could offload Saliba and ESR at a great price. Both are talented but they may not have a feature at Arsenal. Getting 30 million on Saliba and 50 million on ESR is possible. Soon you will need to give them a new contract, higher wages and if they don't perform you will not be able to sell them at those prices anymore.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Once upon a time we sold Oxlade Chamberlain and Iwobi for 25m+ but now we're seen as a joke of a club. 🤷‍♂️
Maybe it’s because our manager didn’t publicly advertise how **** Iwobi and Ox were nor they were completely frozen out in terms of game time. No such luck now.

Also, there was this pandemic that ****ed up the financials of all the clubs in Europe but I suppose you’re one of those who just refuse to take that into account at all, since for some weird reason a narrative in which Arsenal are the worst run club on Earth is much more appealing to you than the much more accurate narrative of us having the worst timing of a guy like Sanllehi roaming free, making **** deals/contracts just before a global pandemic hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom