• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: Renaissance Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheIceman85

from one of our fastest players to one of our slowest players. Sad for him that the injuries ****ed him but we can't suffer more now. Got to go.

This doesn’t even feel like that long ago, look at the pace Bellerin had to press the interception and then burst past his man. Crazy stuff. Current Bellerin isn’t physically capable of that anymore. Such a shame he lost it so early.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I feel for him man. I wonder if something went wrong with his rehab, sad that he’s lost so much pace.

Now I think about it, Ox and Theo never came back as quick either after their injuries. Any footballers who have kept their pace after a knee injury?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I feel for him man. I wonder if something went wrong with his rehab, sad that he’s lost so much pace.

Now I think about it, Ox and Theo never came back as quick either after their injuries. Any footballers who have kept their pace after a knee injury?
Overmars is the only I can think of. It's pretty crazy how much it's ruined Bellerin. Even full sprint now he looks like he's jogging. Such a shame.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
If the game against Chelsea was his last performance for us, it was, in a way, a good end. He injured himself when he tried to stop Roman's boys from scoring, you have to respect that. I will remember his emergence with joy and his decline with bitterness. I would rather forget his hipster style but we shouldnt be too harsh on him. That style became a thing after he was dumped by a hot chick so it was hard for him. I wish him luck.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Bsllerin lost his pace before the injury when he spent all summer on piss in America video himself getting passed with Arsenal fans. Came into that season very out shape and took a couple of months into that season to shift the extra timber.

Bellerin quality has been in question since his second season in my opinion after his very good first breakout season.

It's been very, very long over due but I'm glad he is third choice and on his way out.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If Hector has played his last game for Arsenal then definitely wish him all the best.

He came to London as a 16 year old and while many players would have let London life eat him up he adapted and threw himself in head first to become a Londoner. He learnt the language, he got involved in the culture and seems to have taken a lot of interest in British culture.

Not only that but he has often spoken up and out about non football related issues and actually showing a human side to football. His interviews and podcasts are hugely interesting and it's not just the typical football chat.

His performances have been questionable especially after his injury but I don't think anyone can question his desire and determination to succeed at Arsenal. He has his limitations but as a player I believe he gave 110% for the club.

Hopefully he can reignite his career somewhere else but as a young lad coming at 16 I think he has contributed significantly to Arsenal and shouldn't be getting some of the abuse he does get.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Yes, he deserves respect. Honestly I wouldnt even mind if we kept him as a squad player but I doubt that’s what he’d agree with. What’s for certain, though, is that we need a new starting-quality right back.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'll love him forever and wish him well wherever he goes. He produced some great performances for us that injury has sadly destroyed and he's a good man and a real old fashioned Arsenal man too. Gracias Hector.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well if this is it for him then he deserve a nice send off from the club he very likable guy unlucky with ACL that affected his futrue with us hopefully he can kick on again with a new club. there is still no official word about him going but i'm sure we'll be looking to sell even if for 20M.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If he's to leave this summer then I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up. Despite seeing only flashes of form the last few years he's still one of the few proper Arsenal men in our ranks. Injuries really ruined him unfortunately.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Can’t say I’d miss him, wish we rid of him years ago he’s never been good really. His heads not in the game anymore he’s too busy tryna be an influencer. Full back is too important a position these days to carry this plodder.

People always blane Mustafi and Xhaka for our decline but Bellerin is just as if not even more culpable.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Gotta feel for Hector today. He really wanted to get back into the Spain squad, he was close, he got a call-up last year, and it's just all fallen apart this season. You can argue that's his fault and his form just wasn't good enough, fair enough, but you look at the squad and Azpilicueta is the only actual RB! Eric Garcia gets in ahead of him, Garcia has played 380 league minutes this season. Hector will be wondering how a young guy who's not even been used at City gets in ahead of him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

They hinted at a problem very briefly in his doc, but I assumed it was partying which wouldn't make sense thinking about it. Fair play to him for getting back on track regardless of what people think of him.

Reactions: A_G

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Long live Bellerin. I hope he gets his career back on track. Tough to see him turn to his vices but he will improve. It's cool to dislike Bellerin but he's one of the few people left in football that has character and can have an intellectual conservation on world issues. I think he is breaking down stereotypes of footballers being functioning ******.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

That's really sad about his problems, hope he can sort/has sorted those.

Also that clip at the top of us beating Bayern...Hector really has lost a lot of speed, could never imagine him doing that now.

Also that Bayern match was one of the last games before Santi got injured that season, probably the last time we looked a proper team :(

Tom Mix

He was a good servant to the club for a few years but has gone off the boil, too many distractions outside football. Wouldn't be surprised if his recovery hasn't been hampered by his militant veganism.

As for his views outside football...... they've gone the way of his football. When I want to know about plumbing I ask a plumber and when I want to know about medicine I ask a doctor.

Thank you and goodbye.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Same way I was sad when Giroud left despite not being a fan is the same way I’ll be sad when Hector leaves. Unlike Giroud he was actually one of our own as well, always a special attachment to those guys.

I don’t think we’ve played to his strengths at all but tbh he’s simply not good enough of a RB anymore.

Would be nice to see him motivated and trying to be the best RB he can be but I think he’s one of the footballers who don’t dread retirement, think his head is already on what he’s going to do after his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom