• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: Renaissance Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Barca and PSG made offers in the summer which Arteta persuaded Bellerin to ignore. The same clubs are still interested so he'll probably move. He's not got the physicality needed for a PL full back but he gets a lot of hate for everything and no praise for the good. I wonder what we'll think if or when he does the business at his new club.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Barca and PSG made offers in the summer which Arteta persuaded Bellerin to ignore. The same clubs are still interested so he'll probably move. He's not got the physicality needed for a PL full back but he gets a lot of hate for everything and no praise for the good. I wonder what we'll think if or when he does the business at his new club.

That is a fair point. Think he does get a lot of hate but I think a lot of it stems from the fact that he is handicapping our attacks. Maybe he will do better in a league where he won’t be shown up in an athletic sense...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
That is a fair point. Think he does get a lot of hate but I think a lot of it stems from the fact that he is handicapping our attacks. Maybe he will do better in a league where he won’t be shown up in an athletic sense...

I'd say he gets a lot of hate cos people don't think he's manly enough. I don't care about that, I just think defensively he's not good at all, and his technical control and delivery of the ball could be better. He gets into good positions though, those ghost runs in the final 3rd.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If PSG and Bayern still want him after this seasons performances then there must be something he does that we all don't see because I can't imagine him being a regular for a top CL team.

However top teams are always interested in Arsenal players no matter how good they are, then end up going to these teams and end up being permanent bench players usually.

GunnerShy

If PSG and Bayern still want him after this seasons performances then there must be something he does that we all don't see because I can't imagine him being a regular for a top CL team.

However top teams are always interested in Arsenal players no matter how good they are, then end up going to these teams and end up being permanent bench players usually.
Not good enough for us but good enough for PSG and Barca.....

I'll be sad to see him go but in all honesty it probably is best for club and player to call it quits at a natural time. We are going sideways and with Saliba to come back, a new RB probably completes are backline. Focus can then shift to the midfield and Centre forward area

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
:lol:
The guy would be lucky to secure a Championship move. I think people still don't realize where this guy is atm, even the clickbait websites with their transfer garbage are not up to date on Bellerin's current ability, that's why we may see some of that stuff for the next couple of months

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Relax, Jenkinson, Debuchy and Cedric say hi. And yes, I believe Cedric is a worse right back than Hector.

Not that I think Bellerin is anywhere close to being the worst starting RB we ever had. That was definitely hyperbole from @GDeep™

He did however say 'starting RB..'. Not sure how we can then mention a guy who had 29 starts in the league in nearly a decade here (Jenkinson) another with 13 starts in 4 years (Debuchy) and Cedric with just 9.

P.s. Debuchy was actually good for us whenever he played, it's just that injuries ruined his time here.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In Premier League era...

Dixon is better.
Lauren is better.
Eboue is better (anyone who says otherwise, didn't watch Emmanuel from 2005-2007 for us, when he was our starter)
Sagna is better.

Hard to say who is better out of Bellerin and Debuchy, hard to judge Debuchy here really (though he was quality at the start) but Hector is definitely a contender for our worse stating right back for God knows how long :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
In Premier League era...

Dixon is better.
Lauren is better.
Eboue is better (anyone who says otherwise, didn't watch Emmanuel from 2005-2007 for us, when he was our starter)
Sagna is better.

Hard to say who is better out of Bellerin and Debuchy, hard to judge Debuchy here really (though he was quality at the start) but Hector is definitely a contender for our worse stating right back for God knows how long :lol:
tbh, the initial version of Bellerin was really good, that player is gone now and most of his supporters here are saying he played OK just because we didn't concede directly from his mistake.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
In Premier League era...

Dixon is better.
Lauren is better.
Sagna is better.

Unpopular opinion, but peak Eboue >>>>>> That 2006 CL run :drool: Not even sure if he's got a roof over his head now :(

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I can't see it. I don't see how or where he does better. Literally all he's good at is arriving in space on the right and, for the most part, being lucky that someone latches onto a badly directed square ball.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I wonder what we'll think if or when he does the business at his new club.
I think sometimes you should be happy for the player, and that is especially the case with Bellerin. He came here and really become an Arsenal boy. We should be applauding him if he ever returns to the Emirates just like we've done with some other players.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm a big fan of Clive from the ArsenalVision podcast and he said some interesting stuff about Bellerin.

He was extremely adamant that our right side suffers due to Bellerin's skillset. He believes that Bellerin is a good player in terms of being direct and making runs in behind but he is very average technically which isnt good enough.

He says that Bellerin is usually too frantic and tries to make runs and always move, sometimes dragging players with him to the RW position. He and Pepe end up being in the same vicinity and they create nothing, but sometimes Bellerin should just sit and 'support' rather then 'join' essentially. Clive also said that Bellerin is suited to being an overlapper which I tend to agree with, but due to Arteta's system he is needed as an inside RB.

I think that Bellerin can go and reinvent himself at another side, while we can bring in a player more suited to our system. I see our RB area as one of our worst despite Bellerin not being a terrible player, I think its just not meant to be. IMO replacing him and Xhaka (with the right players of course) will make us much better at building up from the back.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He was extremely adamant that our right side suffers due to Bellerin's skillset. He believes that Bellerin is a good player in terms of being direct and making runs in behind but he is very average technically which isnt good enough.
Average technically would suggest that he is able to at least do the basic stuff on a consistent basis, which is not the case. His short passing and ball control is a joke and a cause of much frustration when watching the game, nothing there is average, it's way below average.
His lack of understanding of the game is also a thing that caught my eye recently, some of the passes he did around the box, passing to players who are clearly in an offside position and having no idea what to do with the ball, putting crosses in when there is nobody in the box also suggest that he is bellow average. I don't expect Dani Alves stuff here, but some basic things you would see from an average PL RB.
It leaves us with his runs which are still decent but with his sharp physical decline, it's not something that other clubs can't handle.
I won't go into his defensive incompetence, that was always the case with him and I don't even expect anything there

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm a big fan of Clive from the ArsenalVision podcast and he said some interesting stuff about Bellerin.

He says that Bellerin is usually too frantic and tries to make runs and always move, sometimes dragging players with him to the RW position. He and Pepe end up being in the same vicinity and they create nothing, but sometimes Bellerin should just sit and 'support' rather then 'join' essentially. Clive also said that Bellerin is suited to being an overlapper which I tend to agree with, but due to Arteta's system he is needed as an inside RB.

I think that Bellerin can go and reinvent himself at another side, while we can bring in a player more suited to our system. I see our RB area as one of our worst despite Bellerin not being a terrible player, I think its just not meant to be. IMO replacing him and Xhaka (with the right players of course) will make us much better at building up from the back.

i suppose you can take negative and positive views on our squad. Negative just says a lot of them aren't very good full stop, positive says actually most of them are fine players they just don't suit each other and the balance is all wrong.

I kinda think both views are right in a way. Certainly the quality isn't high enough, but also I can imagine a few of our squad going somewhere else and doing very well actually. Honestly I think Xhaka would kill it in Serie A, but I don't think he's ever taking us into the PL top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom