• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: Renaissance Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
i suppose you can take negative and positive views on our squad. Negative just says a lot of them aren't very good full stop, positive says actually most of them are fine players they just don't suit each other and the balance is all wrong.

I kinda think both views are right in a way. Certainly the quality isn't high enough, but also I can imagine a few of our squad going somewhere else and doing very well actually. Honestly I think Xhaka would kill it in Serie A, but I don't think he's ever taking us into the PL top 4.
I feel like some players in our team were more suited to a decade ago than now. If you’re slow and clunky these days in the PL you better at least be a great technician and press resistant, Xhaka isn’t that. I agree with you he suits Italy. I feel like we’ve been saying that about a few players in our side in recent years like Xhaka, Özil, Mkhitaryan. We need to move towards more intense players.

But yeah with Bellerin I wouldn’t call him an awful player I would call him and average but decent one. But sometimes he looks horrendous in our system.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Average technically would suggest that he is able to at least do the basic stuff on a consistent basis, which is not the case. His short passing and ball control is a joke and a cause of much frustration when watching the game, nothing there is average, it's way below average.
His lack of understanding of the game is also a thing that caught my eye recently, some of the passes he did around the box, passing to players who are clearly in an offside position and having no idea what to do with the ball, putting crosses in when there is nobody in the box also suggest that he is bellow average. I don't expect Dani Alves stuff here, but some basic things you would see from an average PL RB.
It leaves us with his runs which are still decent but with his sharp physical decline, it's not something that other clubs can't handle.
I won't go into his defensive incompetence, that was always the case with him and I don't even expect anything there
It’s because he’s being relied on him having more midfield like qualities when he clearly doesn’t. He’s more close to a winger. He enjoys being wide, overlapping and getting in behind. When he’s told to be a bit more static, tuck in and almost help dictate play and build up from the back he looks bad because that’s not really his position. Imo if he had the same responsibility as Tierney he would look better, but yeah we need to find someone who more suits tucking in, and I think Mazraoui of Ajax is perfect for that.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I can't see it. I don't see how or where he does better. Literally all he's good at is arriving in space on the right and, for the most part, being lucky that someone latches onto a badly directed square ball.
You may be right. I'll watch with interest. How've you been?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think sometimes you should be happy for the player, and that is especially the case with Bellerin. He came here and really become an Arsenal boy. We should be applauding him if he ever returns to the Emirates just like we've done with some other players.
Bellerin is a player I can't dislike. Yes he could be better but that injury has robbed him of any chance to improve. I'll be interested to see how he does elsewhere and be happy for him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Bellerin is a player I can't dislike. Yes he could be better but that injury has robbed him of any chance to improve. I'll be interested to see how he does elsewhere and be happy for him.
You're a tough customer as well :lol:
Says a lot about his time here and him growing up with us. It's a shame he's not what we wanted him to be.

Weliveinacrazyworld

A very, very well known member
I’m currently watching the Arsenal/Benfica game and I can’t help but notice how Bellerin offers absolutely nothing. Compare our left back Tierney to Bellerin and it’s like night and day.

We NEED to buy a right back this summer. Bellerin must leave. I actually want Cedric to be our starting right back for the rest of the season.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All they had to do was double team Saka and leave Bellerin alone because they knew he'd do **** all.

He's basically a hindrance to our attack on the right. Defensively is just about average

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He's basically a passenger out there at this point. I like Hector and injuries have clearly ruined him but it's time we tried Chambers or Cedric ahead of him to see how it goes. He's had enough games by now to know he's not good enough.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Really a massive issue for us at this point. I would say an upgrade at RB is currently our biggest need in the team by a distance.

With the positions we get into with Ødegaard and his right drifting bias combining and making triangles with Saka and Bellerín on the right, it would be an overload festival there on the right if Bellerín had an ounce of pace or quickness left in him, or the most marginal ability to accelerate away from a defender... Put Achraf in there and we're creating like mad getting to the byline for cutbacks / passes of 'death' and through throughballs in the underlap space with the defenders having to actually respect the RB's threat.

Love Héctorcito but he's done, real black hole in our attack and so frustrating how much wasted potential there is on that right wing in the attacking phase with him there.

Kysus

He is just way too limited with the ball and cripples our whole attack. Don't understand why he is a certain starter. Cedric suits us much better.

Melquiades

I really hate when people criticize him because of the vegan/social media/modelling stuff because he's clearly a terrific guy who is well loved by his teammates, bleeds Arsenal colours and loves the team, and is out there giving his all for the shirt every night.

But as a player, on the field, he just isn't good enough. He makes some useful runs forward but his pace is nowhere near what it used to be and his technical skills on the ball are just sorely lacking. So many heavy touches, limp crosses, and soft turnovers. And a useful run forward isn't very useful when you take the ball and clank it 20 feet away from you with your first touch and turn it over. And defending he's just ... weak on the ball.

I like the guy enough that I wouldn't be opposed to him staying as a squaddie but he absolutely can't be starting regularly next year if this team has aspirations of a top-5 finish in the league.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

:lol: :lol: Me and my boys have been laughing at this all afternoon. There's just so much gold in that one clip. He geniunely gets c*ck blocked by the reporter and then they don't even know who he is.

But if you look closely at 0:15 it looks like he gets handed a baggy of something and puts it into his pocket while cautiously looking at the camera :lol: I can't

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

:lol: :lol: Me and my boys have been laughing at this all afternoon. There's just so much gold in that one clip. He geniunely gets c*ck blocked by the reporter and then they don't even know who he is.

But if you look closely at 0:15 it looks like he gets handed a baggy of something and puts it into his pocket while cautiously looking at the camera :lol: I can't

That's really bad actually! Hector gonna find himself with a suspension. Too incriminating.

Also hilarious tho :clap:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

This is pure gold 😂. Right out of a scene from The Office. This almost has to be staged, but at the same time it's so real it just cannot be staged.

These reporters are absolute dickheads though.

Kinda how I imagine @BigPoppaPump to act when he spots @OnlyOne with a bird in the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom