Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Big Poppa, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

You serious...

2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Unbannable

Clear choice.

3. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Would love Hector be a captain but he really don't look like a leader he always look calm and quiet on the pitch.

4. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

I mean if the choice is between a guy who came through the academy ranks or the guy who picks his nose when the opponent is getting into scoring position then I know who I'd rather pick.

5. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

Rob Holding should be captain, case closed

6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Unbannable

He’ll have to be a definite starter first. Bellerin is probably the only one in the first team who gets it, I believe.

Only issue is that he might have too much stuff going on away from the football pitch.

7. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I'm no Xhaka advocate but he may have a shout at the armband.. He's got experience as a captain and he is fairly vocal on the pitch.

8. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

What leadership qualities has he displayed to be bestowed with this lofty appointment, but then again the captaincy has been passed around more than the tavern maid so why not...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Mark Tobias and Toby Andrl like this.
  9. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

Bellerin as captain, oh my, how the mighty have fallen.

10. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

I'd happily make him captain. He is articulate on and off the pitch. He understands Arsenal. He is also the driving force in the team. Not to mention if fit he is the first name on the team sheet. You don't have to be barking orders left right and centre. Bellerin is clearly a leader.

11. Mark Tobias

I disagree. Most of the best captains pull their teams in line at the right time through encouragment or a good old crapping out.
    Fabregas for example was a great captain in terms of leading by example but when the team needed a rollicking he wasn't really ideal to give it. Per on the other hand berated Özil for not showing respect and it had an instant effect in the next game.
    Terry would command his team to see out difficult games on a regular basis and it showed when he wasn't on the pitch in his later years.
    Viera was vocal and took no crap from his teammates or anyone for that matter. We've missed him for more than a decade.
    Gerrard, Keane, Puyol and Totti are all examples of great captains who did this...

Football has much more ego than it ever has. Egos need to be controlled.

12. Mark Tobias

Laughable, I know, but realistically who else is there? As a regular starter.. Xhaka has some experience.. Leno could be a good option IMO.

13. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

Bellerin has been one of my favourites here for a few years now, I wouldn't be frustrated if he got the captaincy & he's been here for a fair few years now which helps.

14. grange

grange Well-Known Member

Fallen from what? For the previous manager, the captaincy was passed around like a blunt amongst a circle of friends.

BigPoppaPump and Jury like this.
  15. Mark Tobias

So we just continue to treat it like this and move on then?

16. DanDare

DanDare Spreading positive vibes

Saliba for captain

Love Hector tho

Edit: which mod has set it up so h-e-c-c-y gets changed to hector

17. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Bellerin as captain? I'd rather give Claude the armband and a megaphone and have him shout orders from the stands.

18. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

I want Sokratis as captain but it will be Xhaka, Emery loves him. After them two only Holding and Laca have leadership qualities.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  19. Mark Tobias

I don't really see that in Lacazette.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  20. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 Still Hating Reed in 2019

I just don't want Özil with the armband. Brings down the whole importance of captaincy.

Mark Tobias likes this.