• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He's always attacking because the rest of the attackers aren't being able to make anything happen. If they do their job then it doesn't become necessary for him to move up the pitch as frequently as he does. In a match where his attacking literally bailed us out, I don't know how he comes in for criticism.

Last edited:

skip spence

The equalizer was faul on Özil. And the runner run into Mertesacker area, without Mertesacker doing nothing about it. Bellerin was only one who followed the runner. Mertesacker didn't even look at the player when he shot.

Never Bellerins fault.
Look at it again. When that ball was played up towards Özil Hector took a position 5 yards ahead of his man Routledge looking to get forward. Swansea broke quickly through the centre and Routledge ran in behind to score. Routledge was Bellerin's man and he couldn't catch him because he was caught too far upfield.

Look at it again. When that ball was played up towards Özil Hector took a position 5 yards ahead of his man Routledge looking to get forward. Swansea broke quickly through the centre and Routledge ran in behind to score. Routledge was Bellerin's man and he couldn't catch him because he was caught too far upfield.

Özil was fouled.

It has nothing to do with Bellerin. Full backs are always ahead when we are attacking. Always been, instructions from the manager.

Mertesacker should have covered the area but did nothing. He didn't even attempt to stop the runner.

Blaming this is Bellerin is pure agenda.

skip spence

Özil was fouled.

It has nothing to do with Bellerin. Full backs are always ahead when we are attacking. Always been, instructions from the manager.

Mertesacker should have covered the area but did nothing. He didn't even attempt to stop the runner.

Blaming this is Bellerin is pure agenda.
Thing is we weren't exactly attacking. A long ball was played up towards Özil. Yes it was a foul but regardless, what are the odds of Özil winning an aerial duel? Hector should have taken a more defendable position. One can argue that a quicker CB than Per could perhaps spot and intercept the run but, like I said, Routledge was Hector's man and he lost him.

Don't have any agenda against Bellerin, he is a prospect no doubt and I would never put the blame on our misfortunes on a 19 yo fullback.

Lancelot

Established Member
I'm quite surprised to see anyone pointing this out, but it's a legitimate concern for me not in the sense of individual player such as Bellerin but in the sense that, for me, we recklessly commit our attacking-oriented players (fullbacks included) forwards regardless of how each particular game has developed.

If we manage to overwhelm our opponent for the day right from the get-go and also bring along the shooting boots, then we tend to run away with the victory. However, if we didn't do so, whether because of missing chances or we are being hard pressed, then we often try to awkwardly force our attacking play and leave our CMs and CBs covering the hell out of everyone who leaves the space behind.

The kind of overburden we consistently put on our CMs and CBs has made them look far worse than how they would be perceived in a more discipline environment found in other top teams and you could say that it's one of a few key reasons why we couldn't challenge for the EPL or the CL of late.

Probably not the best time to raise this point, especially when you link it with Bellerin after his attacking performances today, but kudos to the well-spotted issue and for creating this interesting topic, mate.

Last edited:

Thing is we weren't exactly attacking. A long ball was played up towards Özil. Yes it was a foul but regardless, what are the odds of Özil winning an aerial duel? Hector should have taken a more defendable position. One can argue that a quicker CB than Per could perhaps spot and intercept the run but, like I said, Routledge was Hector's man and he lost him.

Don't have any agenda against Bellerin, he is a prospect no doubt and I would never put the blame on our misfortunes on a 19 yo fullback.

It was not Bellerin fault. Period. We were attacking. The ball was at Özil was fouled. The free kick should have been given. It was not. What next? A runner attacks Mertesacker area who makes no attempt to stop him. Hardly Bellerin fault, at least he runned after the player.

Pure agenda here against the young player who should be allowed to learn his trade while the big experienced Mertesacker gets away with all criticising.

He's always attacking because the rest of the attackers aren't being able to make anything happen. If they do their job then it doesn't become necessary for him to move up the pitch as frequently as he does. In a match where his attacking literally bailed us out, I don't know how he comes for criticism.

He attacks because we are attacking team and its how we like to play.

The goals people are blaming him here for are not even his fault.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

As a young attacking fullback he's going to be frustrating for a good few years. It's a position where experience plays a huge part.

Compare him to other fullbacks in his age group (even the age group above), and you realise that we have a special player on our hands.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I think the issue is more form the fact that whoever we play I front of him on the RW wants to come inside or play in midfield so he is forced to come forward and create our width thus he gets forward more than he should need to.

If we played with an actual RWer in front of him he would stay back and concentrate on mopping things up.

Sort out the right wing and he would look/be infinitely better.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's a young player and I think he's done brilliantly. Apart from Campbell, nobody who has played on the right has offered him any real link up play or protection-he's been hung out to dry defensively. He will make mistakes because he's young and still learning and that's ok albeit unfortunate if it costs us. It's apity we couldn't keep Sagna who mentored him. Debuchy on paper looked like a goood player to challenge and learn from. Sadly, he turned out to be the worst first team signing since Silvestre.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Unless Ramsey is pulling that off in training the first assist is very lucky. The second was beautifully weighted though.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's funny how people have completely ignored your point and fell into the trap.

We know he can attack, but he's also a defender. And he's not doing it very well.

Hallelujah. Thank you for reading the thread opener. I don't know why people are bringing up assist stats. Someone made a good point. If Wenger finally sorts out our RW, maybe Bellerin can focus on being a full back.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i'm sure he will improve his defensive game in upcoming season. he still young/

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
He has advertising deals already? Good for him, I guess, but they won;t last unless he improves.
I believe so. My younger brother follows him on Instagram, and he always seems to post personalised Puma shoes or a video of him talking about how good he is at PS4. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom