• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounce-Back-Ability

The equalizer was faul on Özil. And the runner run into Mertesacker area, without Mertesacker doing nothing about it. Bellerin was only one who followed the runner. Mertesacker didn't even look at the player when he shot.

Never Bellerins fault.
Özil got chokeslammed to the ground, FFS!
This is the worst thing I've read on here in a while.

The goal was a combination of many factors;

The ref made an error
Midfield stopped playing
Coq and Ramsey nowhere to be found, despite possession being overturned in the ****ing centre circle!
Per clueless about runners as always
Hector high up the pitch for some god damn reason when the ball is in the centre circle.

Hector isn't entirely at fault but does hold blame. Stay close to the player you mark. When we have the ball, THEN venture forward.

He, just like Sagna brilliantly managed, had an added responsibility for covering for camel Per, not the other way around.

Barcas first goal, where was he?
Chelseas goal at home, where was he?
Sp**s second goal, where was he?

There are tons of moments where he is so far away from his position, and it has costed goals.

Rather than constantly highlght how poor Per is at covering ground, we should be understanding WHY in the first place is he going to cover Hector?

With Sagna in, you'd have him cover Per, rarely exposing him in 1v1 situations.

And please let's leave this assists no sense at home. As a defender, defend first.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

The ref made an error
Midfield stopped playing
Coq and Ramsey nowhere to be found, despite possession being overturned in the ****ing centre circle!
Hector high up the pitch for some god damn reason when the ball is in the centre circle.

Hector isn't entirely at fault but does hold blame. Stay close to the player you mark. When we have the ball, THEN venture forward.

He, just like Sagna brilliantly managed, had an added responsibility for covering for camel Per, not the other way around.

There are tons of moments where he is so far away from his position, and it has costed goals.

Rather than constantly highlght how poor Per is at covering ground, we should be understanding WHY in the first place is he going to cover Hector?

And please let's leave this assists no sense at home. As a defender, defend first.

Correct. And the issue of positional discipline is one that so often gets missed, as commentators and fans, in particular (never thought I'd say I miss Gary Neville) tend only to analyse the final action.

Again, this was never meant to be anything personal against Bellerin, but if you look at how a team of inferior individuals like Leicester can elevate themselves with hard work and discipline, it highlights how important it is to get the basics right first. He was educated as a winger, but so was Cole. If he can do it, so can Hector.

Proof

Established Member
Imagine the damage Bellerin could do if he had license to drive forward safe in the knowledge the midfield had him covered.

db10fan

The ref made an error
Midfield stopped playing

Agreed with this, to be a word class RB, Bellerin need to improve his defensive positioning and awareness.

People still blaming Bellerin for a goal where attacker runned into Mertesacker space with Mertesacker doing nothing at all about it. FFS.... :lol::lol:

Bellerin getting blamed for being the only arsenal player on the screen close to the player. Imagine watching player running into Mertesacker space and you are like "why is Mertesacker not doing anything about this" and you decide to try to run after him and then you get all the blame.

Mertesacker getting free pass here probably because of his amazing post match interviews.

Marmaduke

Thats the thing though, a lot of players switched off because they thought the foul would be given and that break in concentration really hurt us. It was everyone's fault to an extent, ref included.

WhatAFC

People realise he's 21 right? In the next 3-4 years is where he'll pick up a lot more positional awareness, assuming he stays on a similar development curve.

dysphoria

Established Member
People realise he's 21 right? In the next 3-4 years is where he'll pick up a lot more positional awareness, assuming he stays on a similar development curve.

I don't think keeping him here after the next 3 years will be an easy task, not with alves reaching the twilight stages of his career, not when bellerin is quite possibly the most promising right back in the league right now and would quite possibly start ahead of carvajal too. It'll be hard to convince him to stay when we continue to languish season after season as barca keep dominating as they have and this is not taking into account the clubs like bayern and city, their rightbacks(lahm and zaba) aren't spring chickens themselves.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
His efficiency from RB is key for us. Look at the technique on his pass for Iwobi's goal, he's a natural talent. Hope he's with us for years to come, he can only improve.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He isn't going nowhere for the forseeable future.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...insists-hes-not-thinking-barca-return-5000001

"I left Barca without looking back. I left focused on London and Arsenal and I am really happy there.

I signed a new deal last year and there's still a lot in front of me. It's a club that's forming a great team, with players like Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil.

My future is there and I am happy where I am. A lot of things can happen in football, but I am at Arsenal, giving my all for the club. I am not thinking of going anywhere else."

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I don't think keeping him here after the next 3 years will be an easy task, not with alves reaching the twilight stages of his career, not when bellerin is quite possibly the most promising right back in the league right now and would quite possibly start ahead of carvajal too. It'll be hard to convince him to stay when we continue to languish season after season as barca keep dominating as they have and this is not taking into account the clubs like bayern and city, their rightbacks(lahm and zaba) aren't spring chickens themselves.

Barca signed that Vidal guy from Sevilla during their ban so I thought they already have Alves' replacement in the immediate term.

He seems to like living in London, but he mentions alot about really hating the weather and that is something Arsenal cant change.

He talks about staying at AFC but surely going to play for Barca is his dream, with that said would he go and be 2nd choice/a bit part player? Hopefully Cesc taught him a lesson to go only when the spot in the first XI is open up for you.

Not surprised at all that top clubs wants him. He is not just the most talented player in his age group but also a icon. Handsome boy!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Like any young top player he will have plenty of money, cars, clothes, women, what sets the top ones apart are trophies.

If we want to fend off interest from wherever a fat contract will only go so far. Winners medals are the things that make players stick.

Lancelot

Established Member
My minute-by-minute contextual summary of his performance against Watford April 2, 2016:

Bellerin

Goal
  • 1 goal (47:40)
Positive Impact
  • Read the situation extremely well, doubled up on the CB and successfully clear the ball away from very dangerous position 1 occasion (31:20 Gabriel)
  • Nice little ball past 2 defenders that released an unmarked teammate to make a chip into the box 1 occasion (14:25 Alexis)
Notable Credit
  • Quick reaction that allowed himself to successfully recover a loose ball 1 occasion (21:55)
  • Good interception of the ball 2 occasions (25:46, 82:25)
Negative Impact
N/A

Notable Mistake/Poor Judgment
  • Misread a situation and sprinted away from an opponent who got the ball and took a clean shot that luckily went wide 1 occasion (55:55)
  • Poor pass that was easily intercepted by the opposition which led to a counter-attacking chance 1 occasion (80:01)
  • Poor back pass to the opposite direction of where our CB was moving towards 1 occasion (86:45 Gabriel)
My rating: 8/10

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

@Lancelot
van-gaal-football-manchester-united_3378585.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom