• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hello Arsenal and Henry fans. Did anyone play Fifa 07

RC8

Established Member
11vanpersie said:
RC8 im not playing on the lowest level, im playing on Professional, might move up to World Class level soon :p

That proves my point, I said 'low level', and I personally think you can only judge how difficult a game is when you play at the highest difficuly. Nothing against you personally, only that some people assumed the game was easy because of the results you said you got, which were quite impressive for such a small team. I play on legendary, and if you are not 100% concentrated, you are always prone to concede on this game. I'm really enjoying it to be honest, and it is nice that you can actually develop a defensive way of playing on this game, I friend of mine who I would beat 5-0 each time has been able to base his game in defending, and although it is a little frustrating, it gives the game much more variety, and it feels so much better to score a goal when you know it is a difficult task. Anyway, good luck with Wycombe ;)

Christofaux

Fifa 07 is great, except EA have once again made a mistake of that the 360 has to read too much off the disk, the disk gets to hot and occasionally burned (my first copy burnt after 3 hours, i put perfect dark in to see if its the box or the game and perfect dark lasted 5 hours without a hitch, left ito n overnight as well and was still fine.) Its funny because i play what i consider a 4-5-1 with arsenal in

Lehmann
Clichy Gallas Toure Eboue
Gilberto
Rosicky Fabregas
Freddy Vanpersie
Henry

and because my wingers are a little to far foward they get considered a 4-3-3 :p

edit: sorry if this post was crap as my boss was walking passed so i had to rush it :p, im on 360 version as well, which has the new engine as apposed to the first gen consoles who have a tweaked old engine. Theo nly thing i like about the older engine of 07 compared to the newer is the positioning and challenging balls in the air.

ArsenalwithoutVieira

also have you noticed how hand balls are given when its impossible to prevent this. New features i would like to see in the game is fights which you can start and also diving as everyone knows this happens in the game. If you dive well you get free-kicks and if the dive is a 'bad' dive then you get booked for simulation.

G0D

Almighty
Personally i'd say adding ways to cheat is hardly a good thing, especially if you play online.

stuart

Established Member
ArsenalwithoutVieira said:
also have you noticed how hand balls are given when its impossible to prevent this. New features i would like to see in the game is fights which you can start and also diving as everyone knows this happens in the game. If you dive well you get free-kicks and if the dive is a 'bad' dive then you get booked for simulation.

i always reckoned diving would make fifa the best but then i thought it is the 'official' football game, fifa wont want cheating being promoted and as it is 'their' game it has to be decent. has anyone noticed that you can do nothing at all and get a free-kick given aginst you? i dont know if this is meant to happen or what! the thing i dont like is winning the trophy is again crap! all you see is a team sheet saying congratulations and then the players lying down....... not even with a trophy! i liked the world cup game when they lifted the trophy, this should be in fifa! the other thing is sliding tackles aren't realistic and they are real slow

kwg

im getting fed up with the goalies on pes
they are so cack, i have sworn to never play it again lol

kwg

but 8/10 they will save the easy shots. they dont seem to run out of thier goals for no reason or stick to one post lol

Christofaux

Had a great game against Man United last night, i am ahead by 4 points on the ladder playing at old trafford i adopted my 4-5-1 formation which seems to not be as good for defense as 4-4-2. Anyway i went down by 2 goals early thanks to some christiano ronaldo bullshit just running between players despite my mashing of the tackle button.

Early second half i pegged one back thanks to Eboue, and momentum was in my favour, then horror strike they are fiddling with it in my box i slide a player, miss hte ball, miss the player... penalty and a yellow for toure i was feeling very ripped off. So MAd jehns steps up, dives right saves and holds the ball after what i must say was a weak penatly attempt.

Then get the ball up, after 2 bullshit saves from vandersar in point blank van persie makes no mistake on the 2nd rebound.

Almost stole it at the death when a cross came over to find ljungberg who rifled a volley along the ground from 8 yards out which vandersar blocked out and almost another rebound goal but cleared by the defenders. Honor even at Old Trafford with a 2-2 draw and Arsenal still top of the table by 4 points.

Earlier in the season tottenham were first by 1 point and i beat them for the top of the ladder... oh sweet sweet victory.

stuart

Established Member
i had a typical arsenal game yesterday
i think it was my best ever performance in fifa, it was against birmingham and i totally swamped them and hit the post 4 times only for brum to score two in the last 2 minutes!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
G0D said:
Personally i'd say adding ways to cheat is hardly a good thing, especially if you play online.

Yeah don't implement diving ever, remeber on old FIFAS when you had 2 different sliding tackles one nice and one hard, bring that bach hehe

I occasionaly whip out my old Sega Mega Drive and the game Ultima Soccer and it has got a diving function, never works thou but it is there

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
stuart said:
i think it was my best ever performance in fifa, it was against birmingham and i totally swamped them and hit the post 4 times only for brum to score two in the last 2 minutes!

lol. You must have been sick.

stuart

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
stuart said:

lol. You must have been sick.

so am i noth the only one who takes these things to serious? :D

One thing i really like about the game is our vey own theo :D
He is lethal and so fast, also adebayor shooting seems tremendous, i dont know his rating but he scores like a demond :shock: has anyone played with abonglahoer (you know who i mean!) it would be intersting to see if fifa has picked up on his pace!

My top tip - when cesc or gilberto need a rest play walcott in centre midfield, when you put him there his overall rating drops to 63 or something but from the centre defenders back off more so he can burst into the box easily against weak teams.

stuart

Established Member
i left the gooners after 2 years and winning everyting and went to leeds united!! lol
signed zickler on a free and signed carlos vela for £800,000

tip :- make sure and check the free agents lists, some quality players like guti but obviously i couldn't get him to leeds

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I just bought Fifa (xbox360) and have been playing for a couple of hours, the thing is that my position when I play console is like a sack of potatoes and I F up my back, I just can't seem to rest my back agaisnt the couch/chair even if I move so close that my knees touch the telly! Any tips?

I think the game is great and I am really loving the one-two pass feature and the level of timing a tackle demands, no more just holding the button and the player keeps on chasing.

Another plus is the shooting in this game. and that the speed of players finally matters as much as it should. And meeting passes great this has been bugging me for some time with none moving players. To finally be in charge of recieving the ball is also sweet.

Minus's are how do I dribble better? Is there a walk button? the only thing the R-stick seems to do is to knock the ball away some bit. And why oh why did they move the change player function?

Summary, graphis and so on awesome, movements likewise and some key improvements, what I lack are better dribbling and I really loved the feature when you pressed a button and could move one of three players, I don'
t remember which year that was thou?

G0D

Almighty
YeahBee said:
Summary, graphis and so on awesome, movements likewise and some key improvements, what I lack are better dribbling and I really loved the feature when you pressed a button and could move one of three players, I don't remember which year that was thou?
2005, was removed because it was abused so much by online players.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wtf does abused mean? I played some games online and people abused the shot button agaisnt me! remove that aswell, it gave the gmae depth IMO

RC8

Established Member
YeahBee said:
Wtf does abused mean? I played some games online and people abused the shot button agaisnt me! remove that aswell, it gave the gmae depth IMO

Although I'm not exactly sure what he meant, it did happen to me that opposition players online would click the button during important moments to distract me. It was on FIFA 04, and I think on 05 too. When you pressed the button the camera changed, and little numbers appeared, etc. Which was nice when you were expecting it, but when you are online, and are about to do something important, and suddenly the camera changes and little numbers appear, then I lost a lot of control. I know that in some versions only one of the players could see it though, which would have been a nice solution.

stuart

Established Member
YeahBee said:
I just bought Fifa (xbox360) and have been playing for a couple of hours, the thing is that my position when I play console is like a sack of potatoes and I F up my back, I just can't seem to rest my back agaisnt the couch/chair even if I move so close that my knees touch the telly! Any tips?
I think the game is great and I am really loving the one-two pass feature and the level of timing a tackle demands, no more just holding the button and the player keeps on chasing.

Another plus is the shooting in this game. and that the speed of players finally matters as much as it should. And meeting passes great this has been bugging me for some time with none moving players. To finally be in charge of recieving the ball is also sweet.

Minus's are how do I dribble better? Is there a walk button? the only thing the R-stick seems to do is to knock the ball away some bit. And why oh why did they move the change player function?

Summary, graphis and so on awesome, movements likewise and some key improvements, what I lack are better dribbling and I really loved the feature when you pressed a button and could move one of three players, I don'
t remember which year that was thou?

same thing happens me mate, but i dont have many options i have to sit dead close to the tele or i cant play and if i lie down i cant play right either lol

Top Bottom