• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hello Arsenal and Henry fans. Did anyone play Fifa 07

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Talk about minor problem really when you think about it LoL ah the troubles in a developed country

stuart

Established Member
YeahBee said:
Talk about minor problem really when you think about it LoL ah the troubles in a developed country

lol the problems we face eh!
anyway
tip 2 - dont go to a poor team! im at leeds and doing well and i cant get my budget over 800,000

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
So should we add each other on wboxlive? I am nitr0n, for some stupidf reason 0= zero

we can have games and then ***** about it the thread, I hope you guys use the mic

RC8

Established Member
Anyone playing in Legendary difficulty? I just unlocked and my first impressions are great. It is nice that you can still score goals against 'legendary' goalkeepers without having to hit the ball in a determined way (like in the previous FIFAs). I beat Sp**s 3-1 in my firs game; with crackers from Henry and Van Persie, and a very good goal from Hleb.

M+D

Established Member
I play as Barca in a 4-1-5 formation, kinda like this:
--------------------Valdes------------------
Zambrotta----Terry---Puyol----Chivu
--------------------Gerrard-----------------
Messi-----------------------------Ronaldo
---------Ronaldinho-----Kaka-----------
----------------------Henry------------------

entropy13

Established Member
Played friendlies with Arsenal against Inter, Pompey and Blackburn.

Drew with Inter, 0-0. Won 2-0 against Pompey with a Henry cracker and a good van Persie goal. Won 1-0 against Blackburn with a Rosicky effort from just inside the box.

The roster is not completely updated yet in the PS2 I played in... ;)

Formation I used:

GK: Lehmann

LB: A. Cole
CB: W. Gallas
CB: K. Toure
RB: E. Eboue

CDM: F. Fabregas
LM: A. Hleb
RM: F. Ljungberg
CAM: T. Rosicky

LS: T. Henry
RS: R. van Persie

Just a sidenote, here's a Cassano goal in FIFA 06, PC Version. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTbMnX4Xmk8

N!

i bought this game yesterday and i am so ****ing disapointed (360 version)

the gameplay sucks the proverbial ass, the players look like horrible tortured wax sculptures and with only 6 leagues available it isn't exactly going to keep me entertained.

i'm taking it back tomorrow to exchange for either Gears of War or Oblivion. Or i might try it on PS2... see if it is any better.

Christofaux

Played a few games over the weekend online, played some real bad players. Im starting to score from audacious lobs quite of ten now. More then half the people i played quit. One guy quit on the cutscene of the players walking off the pitch. If somoene quits out from me i send them a nice friendly message of "your **** and you know you are". Always play as Arsenal. Ive only played one player who i would say is better then me. He played as Juve and scored 3 ripper goals from 20 yards to beat me 3-2. Oh and there was one other guy who played as barca who would just run along and cut in run along and cut in. He beat me because with the lag i had against him i couldnt react, i press buttons and nothing happens :( .

Lukazan

Established Member
I have to admit as an avid PES fan that I've been playing FIFA 07 on the PC for over 2 months now.

I dunno, PES6 was just a real let down for me, and too many things really annoy me. I'm quite a petty person so small trivial things that annoy me can spoil my whole experience. For example, in PES6, Konami have had the bright idea of making that silly outside of the foot shot the primary animation for a close range shot. It's looks stupid and makes no sense. Also, not so trivial is the fact shots don't go where you want them to, which is why I like FIFA. If you miss the target in FIFA it's your fault for aiming in correctly with the analogue stick. In PES it's just one random affair where the computer decides whether Henry from 10 yards out with no pressure will blast it in to the bottom corner or almost put it out for a throw.

Not to mention the AI is constantly cheating in PES. Against me they only seem to score from corners or that oh so common scenario where they shoot and my keeper hopelessly parries it... right in to the path of Drogba for a tap in. There is just no variety in the AI's player or the way they score goals. The game feels 'on rails' to me, and you can just tell when the computer is going to equalise, usually in the 90th minute. Your players suddenly become uncapable of controlling, pass or running with the ball and the AI just keep mounting more pressure before they get a corner or score the goal I described above.

In the past I have criticised FIFA alot, mainly for being an all style no substance thing, but FIFA 07 is different. Plays like football for once, and the online games can be really intense, enjoyable affairs. Plus, compared to PES, there is virtually no lag, where as in PES you can play someone on the same bloody street as you with a good connection and the lag is horrendous.

I want a serious improvement in PES7, because PES6 wasn't much different from PES5 at all, minus a few annoying inclusions and some stat updates. FIFA can still be improved of course, the edit mode is really poor compared to PES and so if a player doesn't look like his real life counter-part you're basically stuck with it. Clichy has the same skin tone as Eboue in the game and Henry STILL has no hair.

I've always felt PES was the choice for people who want a real football simulation, rather than FIFA which is a game geared towards those who struggle with the concept of real football and need things hand fed to them. PES6 and FIFA 07 have changed my mind, and I think if FIFA improve a few things in 08 (as I said, a better edit mode is a must) the balance of power may just shift.

Gunner's4ever

it is great fun.
i never start eboue, he is too low.
i play 4-4-2.
in the game they have made van der sar better than he actually is what say?

nazo

Established Member
Lol, someone seems really bored.
I would play it online if i had a serial. I might actually buy it for ps2 (it costs $30 here for some reason) or actually go and buy it for pc if i actually have the time to. Maybe next week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom