• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: 2019/20 Performances

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I think we underestimate the football market if we're honest. Did anyone think Everton would come in for Iwobi? Nottingham Forest for Jenkinson?

There are so many deals that we never hear anything about that fall through for one reason or another. It's the nature of the beast and why I would love to sit down with Wenger or David Dein or someone involved in it to hear about some of the stuff that never reaches the papers. Tony Adams was straight up told by someone in the England dressing room that Ferguson wants him to come to Man Utd (might have been Bryan Robson or Steve Bruce).

Do any of the older heads in here remember Adams ever being linked with United? It never went further than that but just goes to show how a deal could have easily happened.

I say that to say this. There were probably at least a handful of clubs interested in Mkhi. The problem was, was that either Mkhi wasn't interested in those clubs because of profile, location or wages on offer (more than likely the latter) or the transfer fee was too low.

But it's nigh on impossible that absolutely no club wanted to sign him.
Agreed, but for the reasons you’ve highlighted above, saying we “should have” sold is a tall order. There were no doubt clubs interested, but the various economics undoubtedly precluded any deal from materializing.

Zaza

Dude has the mentality of a 16 year old. Never seen a grown man so inconsistent in my life.
When he's on form - he's a great player. Unfortunately it's 2 games good and the next 10 terrible...no in between.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

One of few who tries to make things happen all game long but almost nothing comes off for him anymore, it really is a sad sight.
He has been getting a lot of grief here but I felt he looked livelier than last season and did link up with Aubamayang well a couple of times.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Thought he had a good game, the only guy driving the team forward for large periods. Was very rusty, but you could see what he was trying to do. Had one reverse pass to Auba which he shot straight at the goalie. Also looked much better through the centre than out wide. His physical characteristics(apart from his hair) hasn't declined much.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Thats a by product of being adventurous and taking risks. He's a front three player, he has to make something happen. End product was missing, but I'm not going to pretend that I would've appreciated if he had passed the ball safely back.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Was he really that bad? I watched only the highlights, and at least he had a shot from a dangerous position and that nice pass over the top to Auba, Nelson & others didn't even make the highlights.

Jovi

I've felt he has gotten a bit undeserved criticism on here previously, but he was dreadful yesterday. He cannot be starting the next game.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Was he really that bad? I watched only the highlights, and at least he had a shot from a dangerous position and that nice pass over the top to Auba, Nelson & others didn't even make the highlights.

Gave the ball away loads, very simple passes wrong, over hit simple passes etc. In the first half alone he lost possession 15 times, the next worse on either team was 3.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Squawka stats are always easy to manipulate, it’s like when Alexis moved and would ‘lose possession’ 30-40 times.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Thats a by product of being adventurous and taking risks. He's a front three player, he has to make something happen. End product was missing, but I'm not going to pretend that I would've appreciated if he had passed the ball safely back.
No it's not, half of those passes were really simple but he messed them up. No excuses this time. He had a crap game and by the look of his face, he knew it

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gave the ball away loads, very simple passes wrong, over hit simple passes etc. In the first half alone he lost possession 15 times, the next worse on either team was 3.

Everyone else just wasn't being adventurous or trying to make things happen. Stop manipulating statistics...

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He wasn’t hiding at least.. Was involved in most of the stuff we did offensively.. Highly annoying player though, messes up simple stuff so often.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
image1.jpg

image0.jpg

same hair:drool::rofl:

isop

Massive disrespect to Arshavin as his legs may have gone towards the end but his finishing ability, eye for a pass and first tough were always there. Main problem with Arshavin is he was played on the wing still even at the end.

This clown we have now is just **** and has always been **** since moving to England. Should have been shipped back to Germany ages ago but hipster Sven couldn’t turn down the chance to sign another one of his old pals.

We were in for him before he went to Man u, but he chose the mancs. Wenger wanted him so it wasn't just down to Sven.

His mentality issues have been there since Dortmund under Klopp, before he had his standout season under Tuchel. It's frustrating that he has lots of talent that he doesn't apply consistently.

But he does try and make things happen on the pitch (like Arshavin), even if they don't always come off.

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Most of the mistakes he made were not adventurous balls trying to cut through the lines, it was basic errors. He improved in the second half, looked better off the left.

This one was a big shame

Wryer

I don't know what to make of Mhki's performance. Looked assured and confident.. up till the last 15-20m away from goal. It's like some thing sucked his confidence away once he reaches that area.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Said in the match day thread he’s Mustafi level now for me. Mustafi’s mistakes cost us goals but Mkhitaryan just ruins our attacks and makes it impossible for us to maintain pressure on teams.

Technically he is pretty poor, which means he tries to get rid of it straight away, usually looking for a ridiculous pass he isn’t capable of or shooting from silly angles.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Honestly I wouldn't worry about Mhki too much this season, we'd of sold him if we had the chance. Once Pepe is up and running, Mhki won't get near the RW, think we'll see Martin Kelly, Saka and Nelson all get minutes before Mhki.

Top Bottom