<

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Gooner416, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I think the PL was a bit of a shock to him and his confidence has dropped massively as a result. Will be fine in a less physically demanding league, I think.

Trilly likes this.
  2. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

My united friends told me he was mentally weak when we signed him. They said when the pressure is on he always bottles it. I was hoping they were wrong when we signed him. Unfortunately they weren't

Glad he's gone, hope he does well in Italy.

3. Swallow

Swallow Well-Known Member

Where are the gifs

TakeChillPill likes this.
  4. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

Don't worry.

Everything will be sorted out when Nelson plays for Bayern Munich next season.

5. buji banton

buji banton Active Member

So he's off then. Apparently Roma are paying a loan fee and his wages. Nice

6. Gunner boy dd

Gunner boy dd Coronavirus Truther

Brilliant.

7. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

I dont know if this is a good decision because of our depth, i would have kept him tbf Nelson still very raw. we could have used some depth.

8. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Happy with this. More minutes for Nelson, Saka and Smith-Rowe. Martinelli possibly aswell. Lack of depth does not worry me as I have waited a long time for these academy guys to get minutes. This is a golden opportunity for them.

LGooner98, Geofranco, lufere7 and 8 others like this.
  9. boyinneedofhumor

boyinneedofhumor Active Member

Fixed...

10. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Man had a ball floating down onto his stronger foot with like 10 yards of space and takes a heavy touch.

There’s a certain base level of technical ability required for a forward at this club and he’s just doesn’t have it consistently. Needs to do one.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  11. Trilly

Same manager who’s sanctioning a loan move for him but keeping Nelson?

The agendas on here man.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  12. Trilly

We’re being quite ruthless with selling guys who could easily play for us in the group stages.

Squad is getting quite lean, additions in Jan maybe?

13. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Probably short a senior winger now, but Nelson, Martinelli, ESR for the group stages looks very exciting.

Trilly likes this.
  14. Trilly

They’re making space for Zaha aren’t they. :eek:

Symbia and Vinci like this.
  15. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Come on man. This is obviously Raul. Emery clearly has his favourites in Xhaka, Mkhi, Monreal and Iwobi. 3 out of the 4 have been moved on and he gave Mkhi a send off when he was off to Roma.

16. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

This is some moneyball ****?

RacingPhoton likes this.
  17. Trilly

Up until this point they had either started together or Nelson had started instead of Mkhi.

Mkhi has been first choice sub and while I don’t agree with his coming on in, I can see why Emery would want to shelter Nelson from a NLD and Anfield.

Now Mkhi’s going on loan while Nelson remains and you’re still arguing that Emery rates the former more highly. And no Mkhi isn’t his favourite, you don’t give Raul the go-ahead to loan out your favourite.

18. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This was Raul’s move, clearly. If Emery was in the loop, he wouldn’t have risked Mkhi getting injured for such a small sub appearance, had Mesut and Nelson available who could have done what mkhi did (nothing). No. Don Raul doesn’t mess around, if he had more time he would have sent Xhaka back to Partizan Belgrado too.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  19. Trilly

I think he just wasn't aware, my growing criticism of Emery is that he is appearing to be very risk-averse, a budget Mourinho even.

In big games he's always going for experience, especially with his subs.

He started Nelson at Newcastle when Laca wasn't fit then for Burnley with Laca back in the side he dropped Mkhi and started Nelson. I think he rates Nelson higher but falls into the experience trap often.

North5 likes this.
  20. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He’s scared ****less bro did you see his Liverpool comments before the game? “We never want to play Liverpool” ffs what kind of message does that send? And now this again, he has Özil and Ceballos and he plays Torreira as the most advanced midfielder to win the ball back high? Yeah, ****ing great, we have the ball, now what? Didn’t plan for that. He plays Özil/Ceballos instead of Xhaka yesterday and we win comfortably.

jvw, North5 and Trilly like this.