• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Would you be happy with Mkhitaryan joining Arsenal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enfield

Established Member
First off we're not selling our best player to United. Secondly how come prior to this news breaking we were all accusing Mourinho of being a c*nt who can't coach attacking players. Then I'm glad that Sanchez now has to go up there and learn how to play left back.

Also am I the only person who was hoping we would tell Micky to f off when he had to think about joining us. I was hoping that we could get PEA and help Borussia drop the price by backing off Micky and letting them get him back.

Then we take the money that we get for Sanchez and get some sexy Brazilian football back at the Emirates.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
That Gut Though
4216F5FD00000578-4672574-Fans_claimed_Henrikh_Mkhitaryan_appeared_on_the_larger_side_as_h-a-11_1499365550659.jpg
Long_Goodbye_Syndrome_Worms.png

I knew he looked familiar.

Reactions: A_G

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I just can't get behind this signing. Just such an underwhelming signing and we're selling our best player to United yet again.

This signing is just further proof that not only have we given up competing for titles, we no longer aim for CL play.

If anything Mkhi and Auba are signings to improve us in the short term, I don't think you can do much better in January. If we weren't worried about getting into the CL we could have just taken the money and done our business in the summer, when it's much easier to get the players you want.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Also am I the only person who was hoping we would tell Micky to f off when he had to think about joining us.

Maybe ten years ago but the state we're in now I think we should just be grateful any half decent player is actually considering us, would you want to play with Iwobi and Welbeck?

He is at a huge club, at almost 29 (probably) his last big move has been suddenly forced upon him of course he is going to want to think about it, any sane person would.
If the reports that he has taken a pay cut are true then for me that's a pretty good indication he's coming for the right reasons.

Original_AAA

If anything Mkhi and Auba are signings to improve us in the short term, I don't think you can do much better in January. If we weren't worried about getting into the CL we could have just taken the money and done our business in the summer, when it's much easier to get the players you want.

That depends on 1) we are actually getting both, which I see as unlikely based on our previous forays into the marked, 2) if they both come they both hit the ground running and 3) that Wenger doesn't do a Wenger and boycott one or both because it wasn't his idea to buy them.

As it stands it is Walcott and Sanchez out and Miki in. A very underwhelming window.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
That depends on 1) we are actually getting both, which I see as unlikely based on our previous forays into the marked, 2) if they both come they both hit the ground running and 3) that Wenger doesn't do a Wenger and boycott one or both because it wasn't his idea to buy them.

As it stands it is Walcott and Sanchez out and Miki in. A very underwhelming window.

Wenger is a huge fan of Mkhitaryan.

Marmaduke

The blessing will be that this Sanchez fiasco looming over us for the past year will be finally over. Wenger or no Wenger we can finally move on and work on an Arsenal without him being to central to everything.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I like this a lot. Even if it's Mhiki + 1 million it would be a statement. That will teach them.

HBL

Established Member
Glad we’re trying to get cash, we’re the ones holding the cards here. They’re desperate to get him and know that if we let Sanchez run his contract down, they probably won’t get him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Glad we’re trying to get cash, we’re the ones holding the cards here. They’re desperate to get him and know that if we let Sanchez run his contract down, they probably won’t get him.
they'll be forced to pay the cash they are super rich.

Original_AAA

The blessing will be that this Sanchez fiasco looming over us for the past year will be finally over. Wenger or no Wenger we can finally move on and work on an Arsenal without him being to central to everything.

Agreed. With the benefit of hindsight we should have moved him on in the Summer. I think he has been an unsettling and destructive presence amongst the players this season.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
United bought Mkhi for £26m and now they value him at £35m? :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hope this deal isn't delaying any Auba deal tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom