• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Would you be happy with Mkhitaryan joining Arsenal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mesiesta

I think Arsenal can also get Mata easily during summer transfer window. He will be benched by Mourinho for Alexis and probably will want the move like Mkhi.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
When you put it like this you wonder why we're so bad?

Then you remember that Elneny, Iwobi, Holding and Chambers start games for us.

Elneny is primarily a back up player. He is not a spectacular or special player but he is solid overall and barely play like ****. Iwobi is young and inconsistent but has a lot of potential and is far from as terrible as you seem to think. The same can be said about Holding who probably should be sent on loan. Chambers should be sold tough.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Reminds me of Hleb in that video. And we've always relied upon that type of player (Hleb, Nasri, Cazorla) to get the best out of our main creative player (Fabregas then Özil)

I am very positive about this addition. I think we will end up with a very fluid front four.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Elneny is primarily a back up player. He is not a spectacular or special player but he is solid overall and barely play like ****. Iwobi is young and inconsistent but has a lot of potential and is far from as terrible as you seem to think. The same can be said about Holding who probably should be sent on loan. Chambers should be sold tough.
You've made decent, reasonable excuses for these players.

My point is only that they shouldn't be starting for us with such regularity. Besides Elneny I've seen these players too often in our first eleven, it's no wonder we're 6th.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I heard that Mkhi's preference was to go back to Dortmund.

Does anybody else wonder whether he is somehow involved in another swap deal? This time Mkhi + cash for Auba?

Arsenal already have Özil and Jack. Maybe Mkhi is not really wanted by Arsenal. But Auba is.

Here's what Mkhitaryan told UEFA for a 2009 feature:

"My favorite team is Arsenal. I like their attacking play and fast style. Moreover, Arsène Wenger puts faith in young players while demanding results at the same time. I like that and want to play there one day."

So I wouldn't worry too much about him not wanting to be here. It was all speculation and paper talk.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Here's what Mkhitaryan told UEFA for a 2009 feature:

"My favorite team is Arsenal. I like their attacking play and fast style. Moreover, Arsène Wenger puts faith in young players while demanding results at the same time. I like that and want to play there one day."

So I wouldn't worry too much about him not wanting to be here. It was all speculation and paper talk.
Possibly his horrible agent trying to get the most out of the deal as well... We've offered better wages. In what other industry do you get a raise for being on the sidelines of another organisation for a year? Weird sport.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Possibly his horrible agent trying to get the most out of the deal as well... We've offered better wages. In what other industry do you get a raise for being on the sidelines of another organisation for a year? Weird sport.

Nowadays, for most factions, there's more value in a player transferring than in a player staying longterm, no matter how often the player has actually been on the field.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Reminds me of Hleb in that video. And we've always relied upon that type of player (Hleb, Nasri, Cazorla) to get the best out of our main creative player (Fabregas then Özil)

I am very positive about this addition. I think we will end up with a very fluid front four.
These were my thoughts exactly.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

You get points for originality. It’s only about the 50th Mkhitaryan fat joke. Congrats.

But it was the best. In my opinion.

Actually, I welcome Mikhi to Arsenal and suspect he'll do well and am happy to (in effect) swap him and Auba for Sanchez but sometimes, if you don't laugh...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
But it was the best. In my opinion.

Actually, I welcome Mikhi to Arsenal and suspect he'll do well and am happy to (in effect) swap him and Auba for Sanchez but sometimes, if you don't laugh...
We still need to buy Aubamayeng. Doubt we'd include him also for Mhki...:rolleyes:;):lol:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

I would add great Rosicky to that list. I wanted Mkhi here when he was on the move (to united), and I labeled him as a perfect Wenger type of a player. Top football IQ, has flair, vision and skills on a high level, but most of all: he oozes with that uniqueness, brilliance, however you wanna call it. Rosicky had it, Hleb also. Cazorla as latest example.

He’ll fit in just fine. No.14 fits his name way to perfect too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom