• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Would you be happy with Mkhitaryan joining Arsenal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalcomMadness

Can play across the same positions behind the strike but Mikky is certainly the better footballer technically.

Alexis reliant on pace, power and energy. Mikky reliant on his technique. Can see him dropping into a CM role eventually actually. He's also very two footed which is brilliant.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Arent them both RM/RW? My question comes from ignorance, that’s for sure. I don’t know much of the player apart from his position in paper.
They're completely different players. Theo is a pace merchant who can barely dribble but has great finishing technique. Mikhi is more of a creative midfielder who is deployed all over the midfield but featured a lot for Dortmund on the left.

You can't compare players just because they play the same position. Systems, set ups and tactics account for positional structure in a squad.

rony_henry

We sell a RM and we bring another. It would be safe to say he replaces Theo and Pierre replaces Alexis, even if they are different players (duh).

I’m sure Alexis > Pierre
Therefore, my question regarding the other two. If Mkhitaryan is more polyfunctional that Theo, then I see it as an upgrade on paper.

halfvolley

Possibly his horrible agent trying to get the most out of the deal as well... We've offered better wages. In what other industry do you get a raise for being on the sidelines of another organisation for a year? Weird sport.

Yes. And why not? If someone offers you a job, acting grateful and super chuffed about it is definitely not going to do you any favours when negotiating your salary.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

:lol: 300lb Quaver and semen-encrusted coronary cases poking fun at him because he lived a little during a preseason. I bet he doesn't need to use a stair lift to emerge from mothers basement ffs.

Holy f*ck :lol::lol:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He is at that work permit centre right now so don't see why they shouldn't announce it today.
Man Utd looking to fire the security person who took the pic of Alexis yesterday apparently

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
You can't compare players just because they play the same position. Systems, set ups and tactics account for positional structure in a squad.

I agree here. Always a bit baffled when people say things like "but he's a RW/whatever, he won't perform on the LW" or generally where players should play to be at their best. It hinges a lot on the system and tactics used, and good players will show different dimensions of their game in different roles.
Reus is a great LW, had (I think) his best goalscoring season as a CAM/SS, but that doesn't change his "best" position, it just highlights that different tactics/systems/setups value/prioritize/showcase players' dimensions differently.
Bale was great at LW, then had his "best" season as CAM/SS, similarly to Reus, now he's a great RW at Real.
Mkhitaryan was a CAM/SS at Donezk, then a RW, CAM and LW at Dortmund, peforming in all three positions.
You can look at his 15/16 season stats here: https://www.transfermarkt.de/henrik...15&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

MkhiMagic

I agree here. Always a bit baffled when people say things like "but he's a RW/whatever, he won't perform on the LW" or generally where players should play to be at their best. It hinges a lot on the system and tactics used, and good players will show different dimensions of their game in different roles.
Reus is a great LW, had (I think) his best goalscoring season as a CAM/SS, but that doesn't change his "best" position, it just highlights that different tactics/systems/setups value/prioritize/showcase players' dimensions differently.
Bale was great at LW, then had his "best" season as CAM/SS, similarly to Reus, now he's a great RW at Real.
Mkhitaryan was a CAM/SS at Donezk, then a RW, CAM and LW at Dortmund, peforming in all three positions.
You can look at his 15/16 season stats here: https://www.transfermarkt.de/henrik...15&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=
Agree with everything but Mkhitaryan started out as a CM at shakhtar, left side of midfield in a sort of advanced #8 role similar to Pogba at United. In his last year he moved to Cam and scored 25 league goals in 29 games which is still a league record. He also always plays LCM for his national team.

MkhiMagic

Hahaha, Maureen, so witty. You know, it’s funny because Maureen is a woman’s name and Mourinho is a man
He may as well be a woman with all the moaning and complaining he does. Anyway, have nothing nice to say about him, horrible human being and always has been the most unlikeable character in football for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom