• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Taking The Mkhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Besides his passing, I though his movement and positioning were absolutely fantastic. He was everywhere on the pitch helping us build play up the field, playing fluidly and often swapping sides with Iwobi (who also had an effective game). I'm very excited to see how he gets on here.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Just seen he's got 8 assists this season and has only started 12 games. Granted he got 3 in one game today but still a very good return.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Great performance, but he had a couple blue-chip displays earlier this year at United too. His problem is (and will always be) consistency -- hopefully he can find it here.
I watched Man Utd earlier in the season, and his performance today was nothing like in those games. Before, he was getting some goals and assists but was all-in-all quite poor. This performance absolutely merited the 3 assists though. I think he'll keep it up.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I watched Man Utd earlier in the season, and his performance today was nothing like in those games. Before, he was getting some goals and assists but was all-in-all quite poor. This performance absolutely merited the 3 assists though. I think he'll keep it up.
Here's to hoping, I guess. He had a few multi-assist showings in blowouts (for ~9 WS ratings), so I'm not totally confident this isn't a false dawn, but I definitely agree that today's showing was a cut above.

Fwiw, I watch United all the time too b/c they're always on TV over here and a lot of my friends are fans. Probably my second most-watched club behind Arsenal, dirty as that may be to admit.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'm not concerned about anything Micki did or didn't do at United. Today he played like he did at Dortmund. He was quick. He was direct. He was intelligent. He was creative. He made everyone else around him better. Nor would I compare today's result to Palace or any other good performance. More than I've seen in a long time, Arsenal played like Arsenal again.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Just seen he's got 8 assists this season and has only started 12 games. Granted he got 3 in one game today but still a very good return.
Just realized this myself. He's got one more than Özil, too, with much less playing time. He doesn't like to beat it around the bush when it comes to assists and I hope Wenger doesn't ruin that aspect of his.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is that work rate normal for him? Was really surprised with defensive shift but perhaps that’s just what going from Mourinho to Wenger does to a guy.

MkhiMagic

Is that work rate normal for him? Was really surprised with defensive shift but perhaps that’s just what going from Mourinho to Wenger does to a guy.
Yes, I posted stats of him having the most tackles/interceptions of any attacking united player since he joined United, they were also higher than Alexis'.

He also won the most balls in the bundesliga in the middle third of the pitch in his last year (includes all positions). But leave it to Mourinho fanboys to label him a lazy player.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Always loved this guy since his Dortmund days, gutted we missed out on him to utd but glad he's come to arsenal, a player with his guile and creativity, it was destiny!
Same!

Was gutted when he went Man U cause he seemed like such an Arsenal player and a no brainer at the time.

Then I did get put off based on what I saw at Utd..

But if this is indicator of what he can do then happy days. Wenger of old, I’d be certain would get the best out of him. Modern Wenger is a bit weird so let’s see.

Hopefully he goes the DeBruyne and Salah route and further exposes Mourinho a little bit.

Ara

He did that type of defensive work with Klopp for almost 2 years. Then Tuchel let him be selective with his defensive work. With Mou, he suffered with negative games against top 6 teams, where a lot of times they had to defend and chase players around.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I got back from the game and straight away watched match of the day.

After watching our game back, and then the united game, I really feel like both he and Alexis feel like they are now at the club's they belong at. Something about it all just looked right.

Brilliant today.

Ara

Funny, he has 8 assists now. KDB 11, Sane 1o and Pogba 9. And he did not play much since October.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He looked really, really good today. Can't believe we've got both him and PEA in ffs.

A month ago I was resigned to losing Sanchez and Özil and probably going into a huge patch of uncertainty.

Since the Swansea game this past week has reminded me why I love this team and they're such a big part of my life. Sitting here with the cheesiest grin because of how it's turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom