Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Our New Number 7

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Jan 22, 2018.

1. House MD

House MD Active Member

He is someone who thrives with a free role in attack with licence to roam. That’s the role he had at united. The issue was he couldn’t really perform on a consistent basis. He didn’t have any assists after august.

We don’t really play with wingers with most of our width from full backs. Martial/Rashford who plays on the left or mata on the right generally comes in or like to come in. Mkhi (and now lingard/Sanchez) play behind lukaku in a free role.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  2. say yes

say yes To Emery

3. Erlis

Erlis Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

A very good performance yesterday. My MOTM. Hope he succeeds so Moo will regret that has treated him so unfairly.

celestis likes this.
  4. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

What a fantastic home debut that was, thought I was watching our 07/08 team again with Mkhi channeling Rosicky. Three assists is just brilliant considering he's been out of the picture at United and hasn't had games.

Can already see he's gonna enjoy playing with Mesut, loved his work rate as well, defensively brilliant.

5. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Forgot about that , so him and PEA aren't even fully fit yet :eek:

samshere, Rygura, Steps and 4 others like this.
  6. nicky47

nicky47 Well-Known Member

I was saying to a mate of mine how I felt a little sorry for Mkhitaryan. Always labelled as the bad part of the swap deal, Man U fans happy to see him leave the club, and almost in the shadow of our big buy Aubameyang.

But yesterday, he shined, and for me, was our best player. So so good on and off the ball. I know its just one game, but I think we'll see a lot more quality from him. Like Aubameyang, I'm super excited to see more of him. Pleased as punch we've got him!

Ewarwoowar likes this.
  7. BBF

BBF Real name: Ragip Xh...

Fair play to this lad, that was an unreal performance. He has to be consistent with it though, too often has he had a great game and gone missing the next.

8. BBF

BBF Real name: Ragip Xh...

Just what I was thinking. How many of our players drill in crosses on the floor like that?

krengon, Dammit, samshere and 5 others like this.
  9. Camron

Camron Well-Known Member

Zero. I bet Lacazette was drooling on the bench. We’ll see what happens when he plays up top in EL.

YeahBee, samshere, Rygura and 10 others like this.
  10. rich 1990

rich 1990 Occasional Moaner

The shot he had was the most encouraging thing for me. It's nice to see us have a player that can hit a ball properly outside the box and not have it either dribble along the ground or go into orbit and break my window. Xhaka has a reputation for good shots but I can't remember the last decent hit he had.

11. shenanigans

shenanigans Member

The new rosicky / pires

really suits that number 7 shirt

Rygura, asukru, Zyrth and 1 other person like this.
  12. razörist

razörist Shanta Ronaldo

I’d like to say its still early. He can become a complete failure, whatever.

What this transfer has mostly imprinted on my memory is how god awfull some football agents are. Everybody and their dog would know that Mkhitaryan and Arsenal would be a better fit than Mkhi and United. But that Mino Raiola had to bring him to United so he could make more cash. I am convinced we were in for him before, the price United got him for was very reasonable considering the season Mkhi had at Dortmund. I just hate that there are talented players like Mkhi wasting away at wrong clubs/managers because football agents place money above a player’s career.

Ewarwoowar likes this.
  13. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

Well I'm sure Mhiki had the final say. I mean if United come knocking with 150k per week it is hard to turn them down. After all United is one of top 3 biggest clubs in the world.

Were we really in for him? We were also in for Kante. He would have join us but we didn't show him that we really wanted him.

BigPoppaPump and Trilly like this.
  14. razörist

razörist Shanta Ronaldo

Could have helped him make the right choice. Don’t think he did. And now he’s dicking around saying Alexis was part of the Mkhi deal instead of the other way around. We need to contain his influence at Arsenal.

15. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

I can't see anything else but the right decision was leaving Dortmund where he was on like under 50k per week to United were get 150k per week.

It didn't work out there but he still had to try. You don't turn down the chance to play for United with that kind of wage package.

BigPoppaPump, krengon, noah0 and 2 others like this.
  16. Steps

Steps Well-Known Member

100% agree. Was absolutely thrilled with his performance. Can't wait to see what he and PEA are like when they are firing on full cylinders.

17. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Good first start by him!

hopefully he can keep it up and look like that against better teams

18. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

MKH = New Pires/Rosicky
    Özil = New DB10
    PEA = New TH14

19. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Still drooling today over what I saw. Been waiting for this for such a long time, prem teams will be crapping themselves now.

Bit by bit we are seeing big changes at the club, we are buying arsenal players now and its brilliant.

noah0 and MkhiMagic like this.
  20. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Arsenal type of players .. but only ageing ones.
    Wenger can't seem to be able to find a young Rosicky a Cazorla anymore. Players from another era..they don't exist anymore... That is the one thing will push him towards retirement .