• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Taking The Mkhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikey2000

If he keeps bring us numbers he should play.
Football is about being effective, he is one of the best you can get.

Disagree, he left us wide open by his failure to track back, not necessarily his fault as he isnt a wide man but as long as he plays there he will contribute to us letting in as many goals as he scores if not more.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why did Bellerin follow Willian into the chelsea half? You'd think we got countered for their first goal when really Bellerin ventured into no mans land.

Watch the replays the alonso goal is torreira fault he didnt track him. Just because Mkhy is RW and Alonso LB doesnt mean he is his total responsibility.

A criticism of Mkhy is that he is laboured at times when pressured and looks dodgy in his own half sometimes , lost the ball a few times today

pikey2000

Why did Bellerin follow Willian into the chelsea half? You'd think we got countered for their first goal when really Bellerin ventured into no mans land.

Watch the replays the alonso goal is torreira fault he didnt track him. Just because Mkhy is RW and Alonso LB doesnt mean he is his total responsibility.

A criticism of Mkhy is that he is laboured at times when pressured and looks dodgy in his own half sometimes , lost the ball a few times today

When the opposition is playing a 3 man midfield and we have 2 men in Torreira and Geundouzi their LB Alonso is definitely our RM/RW's total responsibility.

You can't expect our 2 man midfield to cover their 3 man mid plus the flanks and thats half the reason we looked so open.

They had Jorgihno, Kante and Barkley first half which in theory should have went man for man with our Özil, Xhaka and Geoundouzi, you can't then expect one of those midfielders to cover the flanks as well as if they do they leave a space in the midfield to be exploited.

Play him central and see if he posts better numbers than Özil, perhaps he will have a better understanding with Auba from their days at Dortmund

Ara

I don’t get the hard-on people seem to have for Mkhitaryan. Since he came to the Premier League he has created roughly the same amount of chances per 90 minutes as Iwobi. People are quick to talk about Ramsey and his purple patches but Mkhitaryan is the same. He had one excellent season for Dortmund and the rest of his performances have ranged from brilliant to rubbish. He’s not the sort of player you should have starting considering he can be a complete passenger in games.
We know your hard on

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
class player but against big teams he just isn’t giving us what we need from a RM/LM. he doesn't mind defending, but there is a huge difference defending as, let’s say, AM and wide position.
in a league as PL where most of the attacks go down the flank, when facing a big team where little details make big differences; you need a player who’s going to give you solid basics first on both sides of the pitch.
15 mins in and I wanted him subbed (aaaand, I am Arsène’s school; not really into subbing before 65th).
15 mins and and he: completely ignores tracking back his player; few mins later he actually looks at his guy, he sees a run and the need to track back, yet he does nothing (why look then?); and then he also looses a ball when he clearly saw 3 guys closing him down. you would expect him to realize how deep he is, pressed and without an option; he clearly sees it; yet he doesnt clear the ball, doesn’t kick it out or whatever, but actually lets those 3 take it away from him quiet easily.

yes,
he’s better in a more central role without a need to track back those pacy wingers, BUT, no matter who you are: if you are played wide or wherever, I expect you do to the basics first, at least, then go on and score or assist. That wont cover up from all the mistakes you do on the defensive side of the field.

against smaller teams he’ll probably be a must, as we wont be pressed that hard and with such numbers; but those 2 games will bother him surely as he knows, and will be shown again, how much he ignored his duties and how much damage it did us

MkhiMagic

I think the 3rd goal is all on Lacazette. Lost the ball in a bad spot with an awful pass. Then tried to correct his mistake but ended up standing flat footed as hazard easily got past him.

For the first goal yes I have no idea what Bellerin was doing or why he went chasing after the ball in the center of the pitch.

Oh-Zeal

I think Mkhitharyan Would look good in CM, in a 4 - 3 - 3? Torreira, Guendozi/ Ramsey and him. I think he needs to get more involved centrally. Aubameyang in a 4-3-3 as a left forward wouldn't demand much compared to a 4-2-3-1. We'd probably need a real winger on the right. For now, Özil.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Disagree, he left us wide open by his failure to track back, not necessarily his fault as he isnt a wide man but as long as he plays there he will contribute to us letting in as many goals as he scores if not more.
maybe in our system he does not track back, you dont know whats going on behind the scene, maybe a midfielder was responsable for cover him and that did not happen, and thats why Unai took Xhaka off.

MaraDon

Poor performance, yet he posted a goal and assist. I think we need to find a way to maximise his ability. He's a final third player.
Maybe we have to work with the fact that he is a final third player and use him like what he is. Maybe we need to look elsewhere in the team to find balance.

MaraDon

i Compeltly agree with this post, he is not as strong as Iwobi but he is so good in a more advanced position that i can deal with that.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
This.

He's a forward and should not be held responsible for defensive mistakes.

Frekkin flabergasting which players people make excuses for

No rhyme or reason to it

At best he is an bench player, should have taken the money

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Frekkin flabergasting which players people make excuses for

No rhyme or reason to it

At best he is an bench player, should have taken the money
Don't have to make excuses for a goal and assist away to Chelsea.

We should be looking at other issues right now

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Don't have to make excuses for a goal and assist away to Chelsea.

We should be looking at other issues right now

If he was a striker that might cut it

But his total invisibility for the rest of the game is inexusable for a winger/midfielder

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
More end product than Özil.

You have to choose one...I would go with him and drop Özil.

Liam Spencer

He is just a clean cut boy with good technical skills. That is all.

Arsenal critics have often generalized Arsenal players as technically good players who don’t have the mentality and the character to compete at the highest level.

Players with a soft underbelly who look great in their comfort zone, but are found out when the sun doesn’t shine. I think Mkhitaryan is the perfect representation of the 2010 Arsenal player.

However, he is still better than Özil. He doesn’t shoot like a 10 year old and can find the back of the net. Stick him at #10 for now, boot Özil out and get an explosive winger. We will surely be relatively better off than what we are now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Goal to get us back into the game and provided the pass for Iwobi for the second goal. As an attacking midfield/winger you can't really ask for much more, was involved in the creation of a few of the other chances too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom