• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Taking The Mkhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Never seen a more Jekle and Hyde Player, one moment he's miss -placing 5 yard passes under no pressure...then the next moment he's picking out Iwobi perfectly and scoring a goal!

MkhiMagic

Can’t accuse him of hiding can you? All action first half. Probably the worst first 15 mins you can imagine. But he did create a chance for auba in the first minute. Then missed a sitter, then makes a great run and bellerin misses the connection and passes it to auba instead who should have also scored. Then scores and assists and puts another one on the platter for iwobi who also misses. Could have easily had a brace of assists and hatrick in the first half. Second half Chelsea outplayed us and we created nothing.

pikey2000

Its simple, in the wide position he will cost as much as he creates, completely onboard with moving him central and dropping Özil, always preferred a goal scoring number 10 to an assist king and when that assist king isnt even assisting its a no brainer.

But for as long as he is in front of Bellerin our right side will be a shambles against the better sides and it will be targeted make no mistake.

JimmyTheMac

Weird player. But id prefer him at 10 to Özil right now. Needs to be playing as high up the pitch as possible and as close to Auba as possible. He showed at Dortmund he can press but he doesn't seem to do so as much these days. It's frustrating that Auba Miki Özil Laca are yet to really click for us. If you told me a few years ago we would all 4 in our attack I would've been drooling.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Its simple, in the wide position he will cost as much as he creates, completely onboard with moving him central and dropping Özil, always preferred a goal scoring number 10 to an assist king and when that assist king isnt even assisting its a no brainer.

But for as long as he is in front of Bellerin our right side will be a shambles against the better sides and it will be targeted make no mistake.

Absolutely but who do we stick on the right?

Weird player. But id prefer him at 10 to Özil right now. Needs to be playing as high up the pitch as possible and as close to Auba as possible. He showed at Dortmund he can press but he doesn't seem to do so as much these days. It's frustrating that Auba Miki Özil Laca are yet to really click for us. If you told me a few years ago we would all 4 in our attack I would've been drooling.
I still think it can click but while it isn't and we need points we need to change it up a bit.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
From what I've seen so far, his first two games were very much mixed bags, although not for a lack of trying.
I think he intercepted a few balls in the first half against Chelsea and generally looked energetic, as opposed to the lethargic body language of Özil.
I agree that he should be given a shot at no.10 through the middle and someone with better defensive output should cover the right wing, but also that Forrest Gump has to play instead of Bellerin.

MkhiMagic

Why do people assume that every week will be the same? Marcos Alonso is the best offensive left back in the league, probably by a long shot too. Not every team has the personnel to threaten us the way Chelsea did. My guess is that every team outside of the top 6 will sit back against us and having just one creative player won’t be good enough to unlock defenses, we’ll need both Özil and Mkhitaryan to start together in those games. Against the top 6 the lineup should be somewhat different yes, not sure what but asking for duds like welbeck to play instead is laughable.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Why do people assume that every week will be the same? Marcos Alonso is the best offensive left back in the league, probably by a long shot too. Not every team has the personnel to threaten us the way Chelsea did. My guess is that every team outside of the top 6 will sit back against us and having just one creative player won’t be good enough to unlock defenses, we’ll need both Özil and Mkhitaryan to start together in those games. Against the top 6 the lineup should be somewhat different yes, not sure what but asking for duds like welbeck to play instead is laughable.
Those teams that sit back against us will be in for a shock. Our style has changed and that tactic will no longer work, I don't think.

pikey2000

Very few teams sit back against us to the point where we need to add creativity to break them down, those days are gone for the most part, perhaps the newly promoted sides but aside from that everyone plays Arsenal thinking they have a chance if they have a go at us now, such has been our lack defensive structure over the last few seasons, so that idea that we need creative players to break down teams doesn't quite stack up for me.

Plus the fact that we have seen over the last two games against a couple of the big teams that approach will ultimately result in us losing more than we win.

The standard of the teams in the league in general is higher than its ever been and your doing the other teams a bit of a disservice if you think they don't have the quality to exploit how open we are with the current lineup.

People arent asking to go Mourinho style but there is a middle ground / balance to be found between attacking with purpose but also remaining stable, until we recruit re-enforcements Welbeck in one of the wide positions and replacing Bellerin for Lichsteiner in certain games will give us that balance we really need.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Those teams that sit back against us will be in for a shock. Our style has changed and that tactic will no longer work, I don't think.
That would imo be the biggest step forward. Breaking down rigid defenses will help us rack up points away from home. That should allow us to get back in the CL.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Mkhi over Özil for the time being. He is more inclined to provide goals/assists atm and Özil is largely a luxury for us which we really cannot afford against decent teams and specially in games away from home.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
According to StatsZone, he has created 7 chances, 5 more than any other Arsenal player. Also the leader in shots taken (along with Auba) and successful attacking third passes.
Nearly four chances created per game. Can't ask for much from your creative players in big games like Chelsea and City..

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
"If we are just going to kick the ball up front and wait for God to give us a chance to score, it's not necessary. Lol:

awesome, Mkhi!

He gave a really nice interview. Respectful to both Arsène's and Unai's methods, and also faithful to the new process. Seems that he can articulate his footballistic [thanks Arsène] thoughts much easier than some other players. He should take charge of the post-match interviews.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He could be a very important player for us this season, he needs more consistency ie great goal then skies an easier chance (identical to Auba's) but there is no doubt he's playing better than most of the team. I wouldn't drop him like others would.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Seems that he can articulate his footballistic [thanks Arséne] thoughts much easier than some other players. .
Just taking a shot in the dark here but perhaps his unfortunate position of international football forces him to develop this skill. Throughout the world cup he was heavily involved in football workshops etc around his home country and others to try develop the sport. I would imagine that this type of thinking to translate the beautiful game from pitch into a verbal instruction is difficult yet very much a skill which can be worked on (language dependant obviously)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom