• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I like him but he does not look happy here.
Suarez is a very similar and for what it seems superior player.
story was that Auba came to us partly because Mkhi was his best buddy, but lately Auba and Laca seem to have bonded and Mkhi has been left out of the loop - I don't know if that has been part of his being out of sorts

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
If we want to get rid of this guy we need to already start treating him like **** Mourinho style, otherwise no matter how underwhelming I doubt he is going anywhere while being practically a starter for us.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I will never understand why Arsenal fans are chomping at the bits to get rid of Ramsey, Özil and Iwobi why this guy on 200k a week, flies under the radar.

One of the worst transfers we've made. Sell him. We should have just taken 10M or whatever from United instead.

For the money he's on he should be far, far more influential than he is.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I will never understand why Arsenal fans are chomping at the bits to get rid of Ramsey, Özil and Iwobi why this guy on 200k a week, flies under the radar.
People have been calling to get rid of him for ages, in fact most of us didn't even want him.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

One of the worst transfers we've made. Sell him. We should have just taken 10M or whatever from United instead.

For the money he's on he should be far, far more influential than he is.

Where did you get that Mkhitaryan is making £200,000 a week? That's £20,000 a week more than Aubameyang makes. Every source I can find has him on £120,000 a week. I also don't quite get your "under the radar" comment because people here are constantly calling for Arsenal to get rid of him.

Personally, I don't get why people are so anxious to get rid of him. He hasn't found the consistent form he showed at Dortmund so far, but he's actually been a fairly productive player for Arsenal, albeit inconsistent. He has 7 goals and 8 assists in 26 games in the Premier League and Europa League so far. That's not bad at all. If he can stay healthy and get a good run in the team, he could regain his Dortmund form. And his wages aren't at all out of line. Certainly he's been better than the guy he was swapped for has been at United.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I think he is a brilliant player, but he hasn't shown that here. Will be a shame to see him go elsewhere and succeed. However, if this is a necessary loss to bring in a younger, more natural wide man - I can get behind it.

darkgunner

Where did you get that Mkhitaryan is making £200,000 a week? That's £20,000 a week more than Aubameyang makes. Every source I can find has him on £120,000 a week. I also don't quite get your "under the radar" comment because people here are constantly calling for Arsenal to get rid of him.

Personally, I don't get why people are so anxious to get rid of him. He hasn't found the consistent form he showed at Dortmund so far, but he's actually been a fairly productive player for Arsenal, albeit inconsistent. He has 7 goals and 8 assists in 26 games in the Premier League and Europa League so far. That's not bad at all. If he can stay healthy and get a good run in the team, he could regain his Dortmund form. And his wages aren't at all out of line. Certainly he's been better than the guy he was swapped for has been at United.

Footballleaks had him at 180k per week. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ring-amounts-money-premier-league-stars-earn/

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I liked him when he arrived and he’s had some good moments, this is way too similar to his Utd spell though.

He’s completely gone off the boil. Should be thankful Raiola is his agent and always looking to move him.

Vibra

Established Member
He seems to be on the decline physically, I'd definitely sell if the opportunity presented itself. And I reckon he'd do really well in Italy

FinnGooner

Established Member
Please let this happen! Would be a massive step in the process of revising our distorted wage structure. With half-decent scouting you can get the same kind of contribution with third of his wages.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

No way Aubameyang is on 180k a week. He came to a non CL team who hadn't won a league title in ages. He would have to have the worst agent in the world to come out with that kind of deal against our amateur negotiating team.

Fake Edit: I just googled and apparently his deal is heavily incentivized with him getting something like an addition 50k if he starts in a game that we win with more bonuses for goals scored and the rest.

I heard somewhere that we had to match Mkhitaryan's United wages which were around 200k. If I'm wrong on that, my mistake. I guess I didn't read the room here on Mkhi but other Arsenal places I browse like reddit and fans I talk to in real life seemed quite eager for Mkhi to arrive and felt we were getting a quality player.

I don't want him to be better than Sanchez at United, that is a fairly low bar to cross. I don't think he will regain his Dortmund form, he's been on a steady decline since he arrived in England and coupled with his wages he will prove to be an albatross around the club's neck if this keeps up.

I'd rather he be sold and we give his place in the squad to a younger player.

OSBK

Established Member
Abit like everyone else abit disapointed in his performances. Clearly a good player there but can also see he hasnt adjusted to the league. In a less physical league im sure we would see a much better player.

I think moving him in right now is a massive mistake. We have no idea what version of Özil will return or how much ramsey will put in before he leaves, we are then resigned to putting faith in iwobi who really is struggling.

Leeroy1979

I still think he has something to offer us this season so unless we get good offer and are able to replace him this window I'd say keep and reassess in the summer. He was class at Dortmund...if he can replicate even half of that he'll be worth keeping around. He's not even 30! I am new on here and I have noticed a lot of people completely writing off any player 27 +as done and past it. Just don't get it

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Now this is a thread I can get behind.

Was everyone just kidding themselves when we all thought his form would turn around just cos Arsenal is a happy fun smiley place and Manchester wasn’t? In hindsight that might’ve been misguided. It’s impossible to say he’s any better than he was at Utd, which is decent but negligible. I do wonder where the player at Dortmund has gone.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
People have been calling to get rid of him for ages, in fact most of us didn't even want him.

I was one of the fewer ones who thought in the parameters of what was going on that January, getting Mkhitaryan for Sanchez was a good deal. I thought with the touch of Wenger and a more positive football he could get his confidence, and thus his productivity and consistency, back and help us avoid the need to go out and look for a player in an "Arsenal just got cash from Utd and now they're looking for a replacement let's milk them"-climate. I was wrong. It was a bad deal. In hindsight, even getting just 20m cash would have been a far better deal.

If anything, Arsenal should have followed through with the original interest and signed him straight from Dortmund in 2016 when he was on top of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom