• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Funny how Mkhi was on many peoples list to be sold in the summer. Now he has 3 great games and everyone is like, No way are we selling Mkhi :lol:

I wouldn't sell him, we have many others to shift this summer, Mkhi isn't one of them.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Funny how Mkhi was on many peoples list to be sold in the summer. Now he has 3 great games and everyone is like, No way are we selling Mkhi :lol:

I wouldn't sell him, we have many others to shift this summer, Mkhi isn't one of them.

I've been wondering all along why so many seemed so anxious for Arsenal to sell him and seemed to take is as fact that they would. Even before his recent terrific form, he had actually been very productive. He just hadn't been able to find good form consistently because of injuries.

You're right. There are a number of players who could well be on the way out the door and certainly positions that need more attention rather than just creating a need where none exists by selling a top player such as Micki.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Of course he will be sold in the next 18 months

Just look at his contact... its untenable because of clauses. Football Leaks had all the details.

Hopefully this decent form results in a sale rather than yet another free transfer.

The add-ons in Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s Arsenal salary are equally extraordinary, considering his struggle to prove himself at Old Trafford before January’s swap deal with Sanchez. His basic £144,000-a-week pay will rise to £240,000 a week if Arsenal trigger an option to extend his deal. There was also an £8.65m loyalty bonus on signing for the London club.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we got good fee like 20M we should try to sell it in mkhi improved lately but if we want to challenge on better things we must target more younger and talented players

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Of course he will be sold in the next 18 months

Just look at his contact... its untenable because of clauses. Football Leaks had all the details.

Hopefully this decent form results in a sale rather than yet another free transfer.

The possibility of Mkhitaryan being sold 18 months from now is a different matter entirely. I've spoken previously about how it's unlikely they would pick up that option since he'll be 32 at that time. But there's absolutely no reason to rush to get him out the door. He's an important player for Arsenal and the team will need him next season. With all the areas of need on this club that need to be addressed in the summer, it would be crazy to create another one needlessly. Focus on other areas and then cross the Mkhitaryan bridge when they come to it.

It also should be noted that if Arsenal would like to keep him beyond 2021 and he wishes to stay, there's always the option of negotiating an extension at something closer to his current salary. So this option should in no way influence the club's thinking. There are easy enough ways around it.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It also should be noted that if Arsenal would like to keep him beyond 2021 and he wishes to stay, there's always the option of negotiating an extension at something closer to his current salary. So this option should in no way influence the club's thinking. There are easy enough ways around it.

raiola.jpg

I still sell him if good offer comes. Consistency is his problem since joining the league and I have hard time seeing him keep it up next season.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I still sell him if good offer comes. Consistency is his problem since joining the league and I have hard time seeing him keep it up next season.

But what is a good offer, £20m? £25m? We would need to spend more than that to replace him so better to keep him here next season and clear out the players we don't need.

But what is a good offer, £20m? £25m? We would need to spend more than that to replace him so better to keep him here next season and clear out the players we don't need.

25 M would be nice. Add another 25 M from our budget and we might sign some top quality wide forward.

Hopefully we will add some top quality wide forward anyway by selling others, plus losing the wages of those who's contracts are up.

Think we can get a decent fee and save a lot of wages by getting rid of Miki who imo has only had two good weeks this season or maybe just two weeks since coming to PL He isnt getting any younger either.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Think we can get a decent fee and save a lot of wages by getting rid of Miki who imo has only had two good weeks this season or maybe just two weeks since coming to PL He isnt getting any younger either.

Micki has 9 goals and 11 assists in his 13 months at the club (counting both Premier League and Europa League). That's very good production. Who do you think Arsenal can get for a similar fee and wages who can top that? A better player is going to want more than £144,000 a week. And sure, he's not getting any younger (nobody is -- this isn't Benjamin Button), but he just recently turned 30 so there's no reason to think his production will drop off next year. In fact, if he can stay healthy he might get back to some of his Dortmund form. There are more pressing needs for this club. Besides, if he's so old and has been as bad as you say, I'm not sure why you would expect to get much of a fee for him.

Micki has 9 goals and 11 assists in his 13 months at the club (counting both Premier League and Europa League). That's very good production. Who do you think Arsenal can get for a similar fee and wages who can top that? A better player is going to want more than £144,000 a week. And sure, he's not getting any younger (nobody is -- this isn't Benjamin Button), but he just recently turned 30 so there's no reason to think his production will drop off next year. In fact, if he can stay healthy he might get back to some of his Dortmund form. There are more pressing needs for this club. Besides, if he's so old and has been as bad as you say, I'm not sure why you would expect to get much of a fee for him.

I think if we can get 25-30 M for him it will be a good business. He has lacked consistency since joining the league and I need more than 2 weeks of good football to change my mind.

But if we don't sell and he keeps it up there will be nothing to complain about.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Will only sell for right price yes he on high wages I think 180K a week so selling him would give us room to make 2-3 signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom