• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
should have got some 5m atleast with a sale, what sort of ****ty agreement is this unless mkhi paid us something?

Goonger

From turning down 60million in August to getting Henrik F*cking Mkhitaryan in January, only at Arsenal. Gazidis and Wenger really set this club back years man.

Correct, the full Sanchez and Özil fiasco has set us back years, and was handled shockingly. From knocking back The £60m, to bidding £90M+ on Lemar on deadline day, to swapping for Mkhitaryan, to loaning him out, from insisting on £20M to terminating his contract. Utterly ridiculous.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Just couple of month back we were talking about rejected 10mil bids for this bozo and now we are letting him go for nothing... this club is a disaster.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I do wonder what it means that we agreed to terminate his contract. We were supposed to pay his wages of 180k a week for another year. That means we might have paid now to get out of that obligation.

Perhaps with the loyalty bonus someone mentioned it's a good deal. But would be typical Arsenal to get **** all for a decent-ish player, while Chelsea would ship the same guy for 30 million to China.
Mutual consent!!

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Just couple of month back we were talking about rejected 10mil bids for this bozo and now we are letting him go for nothing... this club is a disaster.

Pre covid. Financial landscape is very different now for majority of teams.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I know it's popular to assume all we do is totally incompetent dealings

There must be some financial sense to this

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I know it's popular to assume all we do is totally incompetent dealings

There must be some financial sense to this

Like I said before, he’d have a loyalty bonus to be paid if we sold him. If we’re asking the agent to shift him he’s working on our behalf so we’d have to pay the agent. Even IF Roma decided they’d pay £5m for him you’re not getting much change out of that, especially if we spend a couple of months haggling over a fee while we’re still having to pay him £180k a week.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
The reports about us holding out for 20M didn`t come from the best of sources from what I remember. No way that an Italian club was ever going to pay a big fee for a 31 year old on huge wages that is past his prime. And it`s not true that Mikhi has been great for Rome, he`s done pretty well but but not more than that.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If we have given Mkhi away to a club where he starts, which can afford him and appear to clearly want him, that is appalling.

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I **** on the club a lot, but depending on what we're getting out off, be it a loyalty bonus, or any sort of subsidies paid in his wages to roma, this mightve been an acceptable deal.

Still, I wouldn't put it past the club to allow him to buy out his contract on the cheap.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

From turning down 60million in August to getting Henrik F*cking Mkhitaryan in January, only at Arsenal. Gazidis and Wenger really set this club back years man.
At the time the fans would have rioted if we sold Alexis and we had intentions of keeping our best players like a top club should.

We then accepted the fee as Alexis insisted on leaving but we couldn’t sign a replacement so we cancelled the deal. Alexis being a human being first and foremost insisted on leaving in Jan so here we are.

Hindsight is 20/20. Let’s not act like we haven’t had to navigate some tough situations.

tcahill

Excellent news. We might have squeezed out a couple of bucks out of Roma if we had kept negotiating, but then we'd risk not being able to offload him at all. One of our most highly paid deadwood out the door, and people are complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom