• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Feels like we got done here even if we're saving on certain fees. Mkhi's had his troubles here but he's still a decent player and has played well enough for Roma that they want to keep him. And we let him go for free? I struggle to imagine we couldn't have gotten something here. Even if we had a bad hand, we're very poor at appearing strong. The Iwobi deal is the only one in recent memory where I felt we did well.

sdotzdot

Established Member
What’s the big deal? Forget about holding on for a few million over a washed up pansy on ridiculous wages. He is just Özil with less wages and still a drive to actually play football.

What’s important is clearing out the garbage and starting fresh, changing the culture. Well done Arsenal.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Feels like we got done here even if we're saving on certain fees. Mkhi's had his troubles here but he's still a decent player and has played well enough for Roma that they want to keep him. And we let him go for free? I struggle to imagine we couldn't have gotten something here. Even if we had a bad hand, we're very poor at appearing strong. The Iwobi deal is the only one in recent memory where I felt we did well.

He was a mixed bag at Roma, half of the time he's good the other half of the time he's a useless waste of space. The only way Roma can justify keeping him on his big wages would be if he is available for free. This is what happens when you sign a player on big wages without considering if he deserved them.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He starts at Roma. We could have definitely justified charging a fee. He's a decent player.

As long as we secure Saka, I'm not that bothered though.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
At the time the fans would have rioted if we sold Alexis and we had intentions of keeping our best players like a top club should.

We then accepted the fee as Alexis insisted on leaving but we couldn’t sign a replacement so we cancelled the deal. Alexis being a human being first and foremost insisted on leaving in Jan so here we are.

Hindsight is 20/20. Let’s not act like we haven’t had to navigate some tough situations.

It is on the football club need to hire competent people and not listen to supporters. Every club has to navigate tough situations, but Arsenal's handling of this situation was an absolute shambles.

Liverpool fans were gutted and angry that the club sold Coutinho, that really turned out badly for them didn't it...

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal have rejected an £8.5million offer from AS Roma for Henrikh Mkhitaryan, according to reports.

The 30-year-old is currently on a season-long loan with the Italian side and has scored twice in 10 appearances.

And, according to Forza Roma, it appears the Armenia international has impressed at the Stadio Olimpico enough for them to want to make him a permanent signing.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ffer-from-as-roma-for-henrikh-mkhitaryan/amp/

**** source I know but can’t be bothered to see who else reported it back in Jan

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
So basically a £1m 'fee' and £11m saved in wages and bonuses.

Think we could've gotten more out of it without Corona, but it's a start to a rebuild. Onwards and upwards.

TornadoTed

Established Member
The right decision imo Özil next!!

So essentially we are £3.5 m better off than loaning him out for 12 months and letting him leave for free next summer. And that is assuming we could have got someone to pay his £180 k wages in full without us having to partly subsidise them.

£3.5 m and £180 k off the books for a 31 year old flop sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm beginning to realise this was a good deal. I think we got fooled by the January offer (before corona hit while he was playing well), as well as the BS Kluivert links.

At the end of the say Mkhy is 31, on crazy high wages, doesnt wanna be here, and has a year left on his deal. In what world is he actually getting us over £4-5m when you think about it?

We complain about keeping deadwood through penny pinching over transfer fees, well now we did the right thing.

Reactions: roz

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I don't really care about a transfer fee or this and that. We need to get these bums off the payroll and that has happened. I don't really care how it gets done as long as it does.

There is a lot more fat to be trimmed. Let's hope more players move out the door.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'm beginning to realise this was a good deal. I think we got fooled by the January offer (before corona hit while he was playing well), as well as the BS Kluivert links.

At the end of the say Mkhy is 31, on crazy high wages, doesnt wanna be here, and has a year left on his deal. In what world is he actually getting us over £4-5m when you think about it?

We complain about keeping deadwood through penny pinching over transfer fees, well now we did the right thing.
I bet United are green with envy - their piece of deadwood is costing them much more than Mkhi did us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom