• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Doubt he’s going to put the best interests of the club first.

If it comes down to a player who might be world class in five years or an average player who can produce now it’s not hard to guess who he’ll take.

Emery's best interests and the club's best interests are one and the same. He's the coach. Arsenal should be investing for the present and for the future. Spending five years at mid-table waiting around hoping that guys with potential become world class players is not the club's best interest. It's in the best interest of the club to get back into the Champions League and stay there.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Everton will sign him for 20m, perfect. He’s not good enough.

Replace Welbeck with Nelson and Mikky with a proper winger. Preferably Neres. Don’t think Fraser has what it takes to make the step up.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Emery's best interests and the club's best interests are one and the same. He's the coach. Arsenal should be investing for the present and for the future. Spending five years at mid-table waiting around hoping that guys with potential become world class players is not the club's best interest. It's in the best interest of the club to get back into the Champions League and stay there.

There’s an obvious reason they wouldn’t be and that’s because of job security. For example Mourinho insisting on selling the likes of Lukaku, Salah and De Bruyne for short term needs like re-signing Drogba helped Chelsea in the short term but massively kneecapped them long term.

The top clubs with the best structures buy players and the manager tries to fit them in. Klopp doesn’t choose players for Liverpool, the club and the scouting team give him veto powers but he’s not the driving force behind transfers.

Emery’s never stayed at a club longer than four years. It’d be worrying if he’s giving the club a list of names rather than vice versa.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
. For example Mourinho insisting on selling the likes of Lukaku, Salah and De Bruyne for short term needs like re-signing Drogba helped Chelsea in the short term but massively kneecapped them long term.
De Bruyne was a mistake but the other two weren't bad decisions at the time. Lukaku wanted to leave because they signed Diego Costa as first choice and nobody saw Salah reaching this level.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
There’s an obvious reason they wouldn’t be and that’s because of job security. For example Mourinho insisting on selling the likes of Lukaku, Salah and De Bruyne for short term needs like re-signing Drogba helped Chelsea in the short term but massively kneecapped them long term.

The top clubs with the best structures buy players and the manager tries to fit them in. Klopp doesn’t choose players for Liverpool, the club and the scouting team give him veto powers but he’s not the driving force behind transfers.

Emery’s never stayed at a club longer than four years. It’d be worrying if he’s giving the club a list of names rather than vice versa.

Chelsea changes managers more often than @hydrofluoric acid changes underwear. Arsenal is an opportunity for job security.

Nobody is saying Emery should be the only one involved in transfers. But if the club is employing Emery as its manager, it must believe his vision coincides with the club's vision. Therefore, they should be looking to acquire players that fit with that vision. Do you really think Liverpool doesn't gear its scouting toward players who will fit Klopp's system? It would be monumentally idiotic to do otherwise. Besides, even if Arsenal changes managers a dozen times over the next five years, they still need to target some players for the present in order to avoid spending those five years outside the Champions League. If you're worried about the players Emery wants, you should be even more worried about projects than about the proven commodities.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

De Bruyne was a mistake but the other two weren't bad decisions at the time. Lukaku wanted to leave because they signed Diego Costa as first choice and nobody saw Salah reaching this level.

Salah barely got a look in at Chelsea, on loan from them both seasons he’d shown improvement on loan at Fiorentina that season so the Cuadrado swap deal was criticised at the time.

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea changes managers more often than @hydrofluoric acid changes underwear. Arsenal is an opportunity for job security.

Nobody is saying Emery should be the only one involved in transfers. But if the club is employing Emery as its manager, it must believe his vision coincides with the club's vision. Therefore, they should be looking to acquire players that fit with that vision. Do you really think Liverpool doesn't gear its scouting toward players who will fit Klopp's system? It would be monumentally idiotic to do otherwise. Besides, even if Arsenal changes managers a dozen times over the next five years, they still need to target some players for the present in order to avoid spending those five years outside the Champions League. If you're worried about the players Emery wants, you should be even more worried about projects than about the proven commodities.

He’s not displayed that at any point in his career now, modern managers aren’t like Wenger and Ferguson.

Can’t think of many who’ve been at a club longer than five years these days.

Yes obviously buy players who’ll fit his system, although you’d think top class players would fit most systems anyway. My point is though that I hope we’d have a system in place that puts the long term health of the club first with good scouting and impartiality.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He’s not displayed that at any point in his career now, modern managers aren’t like Wenger and Ferguson.

Can’t think of many who’ve been at a club longer than five years these days.

Yes obviously buy players who’ll fit his system, although you’d think top class players would fit most systems anyway. My point is though that I hope we’d have a system in place that puts the long term health of the club first with good scouting and impartiality.

Nobody is expecting Emery to stick around for 20 years, but I don't see any reason to think he only plans a short-term stint at Arsenal. If you've ever been around coaches, you should know that coaches always think they'll be around longer than they're likely to be. First, you have to put his career in context. He spent four seasons at Valencia, then left for a big money offer in Russia that didn't work out. So he signed on for Sevilla -- which is basically the same thing as Valencia -- until PSG lured him away. PSG then let him go because he didn't win the Champions League. It's not like he's looking to hop around all the time. Plus, he's a little bit older now and may be looking for a place to call his own. You're just making assumptions (and you know what happens when we ass/u/me).

What I don't understand is why you would assume that Emery would not have the best interests of the club at heart but others would? Who are these manager who would be looking out for the best interests of the club while Emery wouldn't?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nobody is expecting Emery to stick around for 20 years, but I don't see any reason to think he only plans a short-term stint at Arsenal. If you've ever been around coaches, you should know that coaches always think they'll be around longer than they're likely to be. First, you have to put his career in context. He spent four seasons at Valencia, then left for a big money offer in Russia that didn't work out. So he signed on for Sevilla -- which is basically the same thing as Valencia -- until PSG lured him away. PSG then let him go because he didn't win the Champions League. It's not like he's looking to hop around all the time. Plus, he's a little bit older now and may be looking for a place to call his own. You're just making assumptions (and you know what happens when we ass/u/me).

What I don't understand is why you would assume that Emery would not have the best interests of the club at heart but others would? Who are these manager who would be looking out for the best interests of the club while Emery wouldn't?

Love how you say I’m making assumptions when you’ve prefaced it with a literal assumption of your own :lol:

Also how is it an assumption when that’s been the case his entire career? There’s clear precedent for that. I’ve never said he’d want to move on, but going off the first season I’d be extremely shocked if through the club’s choice or his own, he breaks the habits of a lifetime and makes it to a fifth year.

I didn’t say anyone else would either? That’s another assumption on your part lad.

Almost every manager is going to put job security first, my point was that the club should have structures in place to keep whoever the manager is away from being too involved in transfers.

Malky

Established Member
:lol:
The sad thing is a coward like Mkhi would probably be deeply upset if he knew @GDeep™ called him a scumbag for taking £150K a week out the club, but couldn't be bothered making any effort in one of our biggest games of the season. His performance at the weekend was pathetic, embarrassing and worthy of being called a scumbag.
I can forgive players for having a bad game, it happens. I can't, however, forgive a player for showing the lack of interest or effort that Mkhi shown.
Get him out the club, ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom