<

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOONER1991

GOONER1991 Well-Known Member Trusted

Rumours going around that Borussia Dortmund are interested in bringing Mkhitaryan back. Seems to be coming from his agent Raiola.

Even if it's not true - his agent trying to drum up interest can only be a positive.

Had some good moments in an Arsenal shirt where he has threatened good form, but in general he's been a bag of **** and he needs to be moved on this summer.

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

We'll be extremely lucky dortmund get him back they got gotze and kagwa back and they were worse than mkhi in that period. Maybe we'll be lucky

3. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Even though I am of Armenian descent...

Sell Sell Sell

He clearly doesn't suit English football at all (the fact he has played better in the Europa League than in the Premier League for both Arsenal and United says it all)

He should move back to Germany or even Italy. I share the same opinion of Özil to an extent.

4. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Any fee and his wages away is a bonus. He's not the future. He's not even the present.

You can see in a worse league how he would be useful.

You'd accept a lowish fee to get rid

5. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

This could be a problem.

6. Waevi

Waevi Hale End FC Moderator

I heard they'll still allow intermediaries though because they aren't allowed to restrict a player's ability to move. Or something along these lines.

7. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Basically it's a meaningless ban

yybecause likes this.
  8. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

The time has arrived to sell him (although I'd keep him as a number 10). I definitely think it was better to get Mkhi than lose Sanchez for a low fee. Been very patch and we should fetch north of 20m for his sale.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  9. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Well-Known Member

I don't think we'd get a fee for him personally. I think we'd be lucky to just have someone willing to take him off our books for free

10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

field442 likes this.
  11. grange

grange Well-Known Member

Of ****ing course, agents are so slimy.

Rex Banter likes this.
  12. morpho

morpho Well-Known Member

Question is, how much money do we have to off load for someone to take him?

13. BenTal

BenTal Well-Known Member

That would be awesome!

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Hard to trust this c**t Neil but hope his right.

15. Stannis

Stannis Well-Known Member

He can also go **** himself

16. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Music to my ears! Dreadful player!

17. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

I would say he has been on par with say, Özil, in terms of performances since he arrived. But that is not enough, i would sell them both.

18. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

individual flashes this season have been better than Özil, but not overall impact over the season or individual games.

That's his problem. He is wildly inconsistent over games/season.

19. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

If The Sun said "Good Morning" to me I'd have to open the curtains to see if the sun was up before I'd respond. They might as well be one of those narcissistic Twitter guys making up transfer rumors and acting as though they have inside information.

That said, while I'm not one who is anxious to see Mkhitaryan go (he's actually been a productive player, even if a bit inconsistent, partially due to injuries). At £144,000 a week, his wages aren't really out of line, but he is entering the last two years of his contract (when Arsenal have said they will start looking to move players on) and they certainly aren't going to exercise the extension option to keep him beyond the current deal. CIES values him at €15-20 million, which isn't a big fee, but if they could get that it would add to the transfer kitty and free up some of the higher wages. Might be time. Just depends on Emery and Micki.

20. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Mkhy and Özil are too similar intensity wise. I'd be dissapointed if at least one of them didnt leave. They go missing for large portions of the game way too often. When they play together in an away game its just terrible, absolutely terrible.

krackpot and Dj_sds - like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.