• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Taking The Mkhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaza

Alot of work to do on this one. He's a good player but he just disappeared after a few mistakes.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Isn't this what utd fans hated about him? Exceptional when the pressures off but as soon as it heats up he crumbles.

Came here to post exactly this.

A relatively sensible Man U fan said exactly this to me after Mikis excellent performance in our 5-1 win last week.

His words were ringing in my ears in the NLD.

Things is, we’ve already got a player that is sensational when things are great but sometimes disappears when the going gets tough. His name is Özil and personally I’m quite prepared to accommodate him.

We cannot afford two of these players in the same side though.

Anyway. Early yet. Let’s not overreact.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Let’s not label him a big game bottler just yet lads. To his credit, he has a winner against Spuds. Also he scored in the Europa League final and has a goal against Bayern in the German Supercup.

He did look nervy yesterday but he settled shortly before he was subbed. Personally, I would’ve gave him at least 20 more minutes to try and make something happen.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Came here to post exactly this.

A relatively sensible Man U fan said exactly this to me after Mikis excellent performance in our 5-1 win last week.

His words were ringing in my ears in the NLD.

Things is, we’ve already got a player that is sensational when things are great but sometimes disappears when the going gets tough. His name is Özil and personally I’m quite prepared to accommodate him.

We cannot afford two of these players in the same side though.

Anyway. Early yet. Let’s not overreact.

It's pretty clear Mhiki is more comfortable on the right. He likes going forward not cutting back inside and going backwards to switch play repeatedly.

We set up in a way where we had our two most creative players tracking back and marking full backs who aren't actually technically gifted and who basically have crossing ability and physical defensive capabilities.

We forced our two most creative players to defend and they do not have the physicality to do that.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He wasn't that bad IMO. Just didn't come off for him and he faded. Give him a little time. I'm prepared to give our forward players the benefit of the doubt mainly because they weren't help by our static midfield.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
He wasn't that bad IMO. Just didn't come off for him and he faded. Give him a little time. I'm prepared to give our forward players the benefit of the doubt mainly because they weren't help by our static midfield.
"Didn't come off for him" is a perfect summation in my opinion. Obviously it's too early to judge him one way or another for his Arsenal career (could be abysmal or could be quite good), but in regards to yesterday he had a couple of guilt edge counter attacking opportunities that had they come off we'd be talking about a potentially match winning performance.

Clearly he had some shocking touches, passes and crosses. But in terms of getting into attacking positions and accommodating the space and runs of other teammates, it was promising.

BBF

He has always been a bit of a bottler, but you're hoping at his age and the confidence given by Wenger will help iron out some issues.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He did well , fit's in to our system , but his final balls were inexplicably bad .

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Really hope he won't make a habit of playing like an apple-drunk moose whenever we need him most.

Do think he settled down though, not sure why he was subbed. The entire team suffered in the second half, he wasn't playing terribly at that stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom