• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Taking The Mkhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He started well but he's another little to no end product player. He needs to do more near the box. Similar to Iwobi.

Furious.

The one with a period. Fake Furious v1
Mkhi may not be the best or most consistent player that Arsenal have, but there's a reasonably strong correlation between Arsenal starting with him and performing well as an attacking team (Chelsea, Fulham, Bournemouth, Sp**s). People who criticise him excessively focus too much on his individual moments rather than the overall team performance with him in the side. He's a facilitator, more suited to the style Emery wants to play than most of the other options. I'd like to see how Arsenal play in a 442/4222 when Monreal returns, with

Bellerin-Sokratis-Holding-Monreal
Torreira-Xhaka
Mkhi-Iwobi
Lacazette-Auba

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I actually really rated him years ago but now I'm asking myself what happened, especially to his end product. If you look at his Dortmund numbers they're great, and it's not about position either - he's scored from left, right and centre for them at all levels, including the CL. And it can't just be Mourinho; he's been training/playing under Wenger for half a year and now Emery for another half year. Really wondering what's killed his decisiveness and confidence to get him from a 15 goals/15 assists a season player to the muppet we see at Arsenal. He's still doing the work to get into the good positions and have an impact, but it's really not coming off.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I thought he was actually decent today. He pressed them from the first minute which I felt set the tone for the rest of the match. I can't fault his effort.

It'd be well worth our time upgrading on him this summer though, as his attacking output just can't be relied upon.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
As usual he was brilliant in patches and then I had to search the field to find him for others. He just goes missing.

HBL

Established Member
Been playing ok recently, at least he actually gets into scoring positions and makes things happen. His underweighted passes to Bellerin are infuriating but Iwobi is a passenger at the minute and Ramsey in a front three just didn't work. So unless we're going to try a youngster, Mkhi is the best of an average bunch at the minute. Still think a goal would do his confidence the world of good and we might see him go on a run, plus he is good defensively.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Been playing ok recently, at least he actually gets into scoring positions and makes things happen. His underweighted passes to Bellerin are infuriating but Iwobi is a passenger at the minute and Ramsey in a front three just didn't work. So unless we're going to try a youngster, Mkhi is the best of an average bunch at the minute. Still think a goal would do his confidence the world of good and we might see him go on a run, plus he is good defensively.
Agreed. He has a nose for the goal and gets into scoring positions often. Needs to keep it simple.. He puts too much power in his shots.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
I think he’s too intellectual for his own good. Sometimes it’s better to go on instinct. Has the qualities to be a good player, but seems like he’s in his head too much. A good example of a confidence player. Right now he’s playing scared, looking to defer responsibility. His stint at United ruined his mojo.

Token Yank

Should have started. Last year he was great returning to old toilet and was good yet again. Some of his flicks and passes don’t come off but at least he tries to hit it first time and move the ball quickly. Ramsey just dwells over the ball forever, it is infuriating.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He has to play over Iwobi for sure. With Ramsey out, it will hopefully be Auba Özil Miki behind Laca.

We do need a proper winger there though.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Offered some drive, directness and desire when he came on. Not a favourite on here, I know, but you have to give him a break because he is useful as a squadie.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Very frustrating. He gets himself into good positions and decent areas but it then fizzles out. Often pokes a leg out hopefully rather than get in a tackle or block.

Useful squad player but no more. His wages are a problem for the club's structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom