Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Taking The Mkhi

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

We could have asked United to keep Mikhi and asked for just 10M. We essentially just wasted our money by paying this guy for so long without getting anything back from him. Pretty sure United would have been fine with the 10M. Don't know who accepted this crazy idea to do an exchange deal.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  2. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

In hindsight we should have sold Alexis for 50/60M in the summer, which would have been plenty to get a proper replacement.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  3. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

The problem is that it was his last year in his contract and it was January already. He was about to move to City for free after the season was over. So when United wanted to make a move in January and he was happy with it, we took Mkhi without thinking much. What resulted was a net loss for us.

4. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

Sanchez-Mkhi will go down as the most celebrated pointless transfer ever. Only the agents won.

It has become very painful to watch Mkhi play, sadly. It's sad when he was at one point the most productive player in Europe. The decline is shocking.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  5. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

If he wasn't such a douche bag and would not come here on silly wages, I'd happily take Sanchez back.

Sanchez - PEA - Zaha.

I know, not going to happen and also not optimal with Zaha positional wise, but it would be extremely entertaining.

6. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

HELL NO! That selfish muppet, destroyed team spirit here and plays for himself.

7. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

"If he wasn't such a douche bag.."

truth_hurts likes this.
  8. truth_hurts

Fair point, you did state this clearly. I really started to despise Sanchez during his last 10-12 months here. You look at AUba and Laca and they seem happy to be here. Zaha would wear the shirt with pride. Sanchez was moping for months.

9. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

I know people say we'll never be able to offload mkhi cos his wages are too high. But isn't it feasible that he could willingly take a pay cut?
    I know I would. I would if it meant I could get first team football week in and week out, playing the game I love, at a level suited to my abilities. I would if it meant I could hold my head up high, knowing i wasn't pissing off fans and having a detrimental effect on the club to which I belong.

Even if he accepts 100 k, that's still 5 mil a year isn't it? Isn't it better to take the 5 mil and still have some self-respect? And maybe the respect of the fans? We are social creatures after all, surely it's not all about money when all is said and done

10. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

We'd be stuck with Thomas Lemar if we'd sold Alexis. I've not heard much positive at all about him since his move to Atletico

11. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Werent we all thou?

We are shyte and he was pissed

Dont you get triggered more by the fing clown Auba now? Yeah we know you can laugh all the way to the bank, how about some respect for those of us that actually care ?

12. Camron

Camron Established Member

[​IMG]

13. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not, I get where you are coming from but you cant really blame him. If I was in his situation I would do the same too, its not always about money but when you are clearly done it may be, he is probably well aware he wont get this kind of contract ever again.

Its as much the club being at fault as it is his.

14. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Why the fark is he so happy about?
    We are in the worst slump weve been in since before Wenger

Have some frekkin decorum, pull your head down, bite down Hard and get to work!

Being happy and joking around is for when we are winning.

We are failing tactically and technically.
    Time to work harder

15. truth_hurts

Thought he was good yesterday. Still useful for us, but I wouldn't say no to 15m.

16. teamsoutheast

teamsoutheast Well-Known Member

He has class but just needs to keep showing it consiatently. He does tend to go missing a little too often for someone with his experience and ability. I must say I would not mind seeing him in the middle. He's not afraid to drive at defenders and is very skilful and has a great eye for goal. He should be hitting 10-15 goals consistently at this stage in his career.

truth_hurts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.