• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henry a doubt for the Lokomotiv game

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame24

Established Member
as long as kanu/bergkamp start with wiltord we are ok.

people, wiltord is actually quite good when hes not upfront with henry, and hes even better when kanu is up with him.

however, after saying this i still would rather hav henry any day of the week.

JGooner

i am confident we will win, with or without henry. i think the last couple of disappointing draws in the prem will result in an added urgency to get a win against lokomotiv. i would consider keeping henry on the bench and bringing him on if we need a goal with 30 mins to go. if he starts and aggravates his injury, he could end up missing the whole Xmas period. I would also play Aliadiere from the start, even though I know AW won't take the risk. He is much more comfortable at Highbury than at away games like Leicestere today. Presuming we create chances against Lokomotiv, I would prefer Aliadiere to be on the end of them than Wilturd or Kanu, who are not natural finishers.

JGooner

no doubt, but if we play him before he is ready we could end up with another vieira situation where he misses more games.

JazzG

Established Member
JGooner said:
i am confident we will win, with or without henry. i think the last couple of disappointing draws in the prem will result in an added urgency to get a win against lokomotiv. i would consider keeping henry on the bench and bringing him on if we need a goal with 30 mins to go. if he starts and aggravates his injury, he could end up missing the whole Xmas period. I would also play Aliadiere from the start, even though I know AW won't take the risk. He is much more comfortable at Highbury than at away games like Leicestere today. Presuming we create chances against Lokomotiv, I would prefer Aliadiere to be on the end of them than Wilturd or Kanu, who are not natural finishers.

Nice to hear such postive comments from you for once!

We should win but without Henry I think we don't have anyone who like him who just oozes class infront of goal consistantly

thegame24

Established Member
yea positive innit. im glad we(and wenger) have put some sence into J. he thought we wouldnt even make it NOW hethinks we can without henry. HELL thats more positive THAN THE MEDIA. GOOD ON YA Jgooner.

JazzG

Established Member
I never have understood him, I think he is an guy (is he a guy?) but sometimes he is postive and sometimes negative.

JGooner

it's not that difficult to understand. i am positive when it is right to be so. i am negative when it is right to be so. when i say something critical (e.g. chelsea having a better defence than us, johnson and terry being better than lauren and campbell, wilturd and gilberto not being good enough), it is because i sincerely believe it is justified. when i say something positive (e.g. beating moscow, toure being the revelation of the season, etc), it is because i sincerely believe it is justified. is this not preferable to those fans who say inanely positive things all the time regardless of whether they are justified (not Jazz specifically, but others on here) or those who say inanely negative things all the time (dan the man)?

I am indeed a guy.

PolishGooner

Henry is great player (yeah, i know - it`s nothing new). but we must play without him. If Arsenal are team of one player we dont deserve to play in CL but I think we are good enough to crush Russians without Henry.

Someone will score for us. I dont know who but I`m sure someone will

thierrys_girl

Established Member
we are still able to win without Henry but it would be much much much easier if he was around.

Please get better soon Thierry

JazzG

Established Member
JGooner said:
it's not that difficult to understand. i am positive when it is right to be so. i am negative when it is right to be so. when i say something critical (e.g. chelsea having a better defence than us, johnson and terry being better than lauren and campbell, wilturd and gilberto not being good enough), it is because i sincerely believe it is justified. when i say something positive (e.g. beating moscow, toure being the revelation of the season, etc), it is because i sincerely believe it is justified. is this not preferable to those fans who say inanely positive things all the time regardless of whether they are justified (not Jazz specifically, but others on here) or those who say inanely negative things all the time (dan the man)?

I am indeed a guy.

Ok cool we have cleared up if your a guy or not ;)

I'll admit Lauren isn't very good as our RB and Johnson probably is better, still don't agree about Terry. He has the potential to be better than Campbell but imo Campbell is better than him right now. Also we have only conceded one more goal than chelsea this season.

I am not always positive, when I really feel annoyed about something I usually don't post. Last season was annoyed at our defense, questioned wenger's buys and was annoyed at Upson leaving. Was annoyed at our CL exit, was pissed off at our players against teams like Bolton. Was fuming at our inability to hold onto leads. I feel you have a go at Wenger too much when sometimes it is the fault of our playres.

Lukazan

Established Member
Whether winning will be easy or not with or without Henry, I still want him to play. :|

Superdudes

henry makes it enjoyable to watch.. with his flair and stylish play.. he opens defences like a can opener open a can.. his absence will be a great loss but i still think that the gunners can nick at least a goal against the lokos.. though it'd be easier if our number 14 was to play.. hope nobody puts a wrong foot in that match..

Jinn

Established Member
I hope Wiltord and Kanu or whoever plays at the front can stand up and make a name for themselves. We don't really have a first choice partner for Henry, and its about time that somebody made the position their own.

slapz

None of our strikers apart form Henry have a presence up top so the Moscow defence would have an easy time if Thierry wasnt playing

A

Anonymous

If Henry doesnt play we are in deep deep sh*t based the on the Leicester performance.

It would not surprise me if we went out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom