• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Henry brushes off Barcelona speculation" [Fixed]

gun4glory

"Henry brushes off Barcelona speculation" [Fixed]

Arsenal match-winner Thierry Henry refused to be drawn on speculation linking him with Spanish giants Barcelona following his side's 3-2 win at Wigan....
..."I think today you saw why I play," he said. "People talk more about it (my future) than they talk about (popular television series) Eastenders.

Looks promising... have a look...

Wenger14

Established Member
He's still undecided, and to be fair, we shouldn't have a problem with it. Let him decide his future when the seasons over and I have no doubts he'll stay at Arsenal. He loves the club, you can see it, and it's more than acceptable that he wants his mind clear when he makes probably one one the biggest decisions in his career.

gun4glory

Also on here:

HENRY FRUSTRATED BY TRANSFER TALK

im pretty sure that he really wants to stay, but tbh, the club isnt showing enough ambition in the transfer market, i know we tried hard this summer and things didnt go our way, and i also know tht AW like to keep his cards to his chest and henry knows that too, thats probably why hes waiting... i think hell stay though...

sabret00the

Established Member
how you all get from him not wanting to talk about it to him wanting to stay at arsenal for life is a joke, i'd hate to see the backlash should he move on and release and autobiography.

nadia

of course you could see that as good news, but i agree that this could be thierry's biggest career move, so of course he's careful what to say and we'll just have to wait.... hope he stays, of course, don't even want to think of arsenal without thierry :cry: there better be someone really good to replace tha va-va-voom...

gun4glory

sabret00the said:
how you all get from him not wanting to talk about it to him wanting to stay at arsenal for life is a joke, i'd hate to see the backlash should he move on and release and autobiography.

Well if he does, its his right, and i can garantee you that noone on this board will be happy about it...
Him not talking about a contract could be him threatening the club and AW to do somethiong that'll make him wanna stay... i really doubt he WANTS to leave Arsenal, whether he does or has to for his own sake is a different story...

Wenger14

Established Member
sabret00the said:

see what your saying, but tbh it's more out of hope and gut feeling when a fan says Henry will stay here for life.

Although, you can see his passion for the club, it's there, and you can't blame him for wanting to consider his options, it's his career and he owes nothing to the club. But if he loves the club as much as we seem to think, he'll be here for a few more season at the very least.

Didn't Wenger stall on contract talks as well? Someone please refresh my memory.

kel varnsen

Established Member
if he'd decided to stay, he'd tell us. he hasn't, ergo he is still undecided. if he leaves, i'll blame wenger and this team will, pretty much, fall apart. that is the bottom line.

bethie

kel varnsen said:
if he'd decided to stay, he'd tell us. he hasn't, ergo he is still undecided. if he leaves, i'll blame wenger and this team will, pretty much, fall apart. that is the bottom line.

and you blame the fishmonger for the lost of one of his best customer when the customer decided on a change of diet. :roll:

Darius

I'm quite sure he'll stay according to his characteristic, while I'll curse the goddamned board members.

footballus_maximus

he's a traitor. i don't respect anything he says anymore. let me give u one of his quotes....

"i don't understand some people who kiss the club's badge one day then join another club the next.."

ahem.....Henry, you have no class.

Killer7

footballus_maximus said:
he's a traitor. i don't respect anything he says anymore. let me give u one of his quotes....

"i don't understand some people who kiss the club's badge one day then join another club the next.."

:eek:ops:

No class? A traitor? No respect? Joined another club?

Now that's funny!

I reckon he's going to stay and can understand why the delay in the talks.

mrsvanpersie

In a way, i agree with TH14 - i am sick and tired, as other fans must be, of reading about every newspaper speculating the "will he, wont he" move debate. In a recent interview, TH14 said that everytime he wore an arsenal shirt, he went out and played with utmost commitment - and i do agree with him.......just because he has delayed contract talks, newspapers(tabloids mainly - no surprise there :roll: ) are banging on about Barcelona-Henry-Doom if Henry leaves, etc.........lets end speculating, and
get back to talking about Eastenders, shall we? :)

Abdirizak

footballus_maximus said:

I could have sworn you were a Barca "fan"?

mrsvanpersie

Abdirizak said:
footballus_maximus said:

I could have sworn you were a Barca "fan"?
:D

A

Anonymous

Whats the point of these damm threads.

Regardless of what Henry says, or doesn't say..

You still won't know what is going to happen till after the end of the season.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom