• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Henry brushes off Barcelona speculation" [Fixed]

Wenger14

Established Member
footballus_maximus said:
he's a traitor. i don't respect anything he says anymore. let me give u one of his quotes....

"i don't understand some people who kiss the club's badge one day then join another club the next.."

ahem.....Henry, you have no class.

Weren't you banned? Think you should be anyway

Agree think this thread should be locked. Let's speculate once the seasons over :wink: we've got a bloody team to get behind.

gunner_down_under

footballus_maximus said:
he's a traitor. i don't respect anything he says anymore. let me give u one of his quotes....

"i don't understand some people who kiss the club's badge one day then join another club the next.."

ahem.....Henry, you have no class.

why you havent been banned yet is still beyond me mate!...sorry for that!

Kum_Arsenal

it is his frustation that media gives too much attention to his transfer drama.

he has nothing said nor hinted. nothing is going to change till he opens his mouth and says something about the contract enxtension.

before he opens his mouth there will be 100 of rumours ready to frustate the fans.

henry...whats in your mind. God give me special powers to read Henry mind. :angel

Ziontrain

He has not dismissed speculation ie said "no I'm NOT going anywhere" - he has merely refused to talk about it!

Also if anyone caught the post-game interview he did at Wigan on TV on Saturday, that said it all to me. Henry is a good speaker: he looks directly at the interview on his response and he talks straight. Okay.

However, when BBC asked him about the barcelona thing, Henry's body langage was screaming. He immediately refused to look up through out his entire response and worse still he started scratching the top of his eye. People often have a nervous tick that pops up when they are not talkking straight, like when they tell their wife that they were really at the pub with their mates! :D

I'd be REALLY worried about that if I were Arsenal. IMO there is definitely something going on there. Barcelona has clearly already had some contact with him directly or indireclty and Henry is IMO thinking seriously about it.

Arsenal really should have made player investments this past summer, because that is probbaly what will swing it for Henry. As its stands now, it will be hard to do anything useful in the winter window - at least not without wasting extra money - and by summer Henry's departure could already be a fait accompli.

This is NOT good at all. Don't let any one tell you different....

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Good article by tony cascarino in the Times as to why Barcelona don't need Henry

European Cup

The Times November 22, 2005

The Game

Who needs Henry? Not Barcelona
By TONY CASCARINO
The brilliant Arsenal striker may not fit in at the Nou Camp

WATCHING ARSENAL BEAT WIGAN Athletic on Saturday, I was in awe of Thierry Henry, not for the first time. Two goals, one an outstanding free kick — the man is brilliant. Is there any team in the world he would not get in? Well, perhaps only one — the team he has been linked with most, Barcelona.
The same night, I was glued to the television as Barcelona destroyed Real Madrid 3-0 and it seemed clear. As great as Henry is, how could he find a role in that team? On the right they have Lionel Messi, the 18-year-old Argentina starlet. He is stunningly good considering how young he is and with a contract that runs until 2014 and a buyout clause of £100 million, he is not going anywhere.

On the left wing they have Ronaldinho, arguably the most brilliant and creative attacking player in the world, who is in wonderful form and only 25. And up front there is Samuel Eto’o. For me, he is the best striker in Spain and among the world’s elite. Fleet of foot and strong, he is more of a predator, more direct and clinical than Henry.

Eto’o does not overcomplicate things, as Henry does sometimes, and that makes him a good spearhead for a team who already have plenty of flair. His toe-punt goal against Real was an example of what a pragmatic goalscorer he is and he has developed a fine understanding with Messi and Ronaldinho. All three worked so hard off the ball on Saturday. Henry does not do that.

So why would Frank Rijkaard, the Barcelona coach, want to mess with a winning formula? They are the Spanish champions and top of La Liga. The only way of incorporating Henry without dropping Eto’o is to switch to a 4-4-2 formation, but unless things go drastically wrong, why should Rijkaard do that? His team are settled.

Yet last week, the club’s coach and technical director were talking up Henry, expressing their admiration for him. It is possible that they want to emulate Real’s transfer policy by grabbing a galáctico, with star quality and talent being more important than how the player would fit into the line-up.

Perhaps they have seen how Real treated Michael Owen — sign him, use him as an option off the bench for a season, then sell him at a profit one year later. With Henry’s Arsenal contract winding down, he might be available for as little as £10-15 million in the summer, but once he is on a longer deal he would command more like double that. Or perhaps Barcelona plan to sell Eto’o for a vast sum in the close season and Henry will be a cheaper replacement.

With Henrik Larsson ageing, Barcelona could use a striker in his prime as an understudy to Eto’o. Henry would not be happy to stew on the bench. Next August he will be 29. He is self-confident, even arrogant, so he will think that he can walk into any team. But if he does join Barcelona, I suspect he would have to wait for injury or suspension to hit one of their forwards and then play out of his skin every week to keep his place.

It is a risk and one that Henry may decide is not worth taking, one that should make him grateful for what he has at Arsenal: the captaincy of, and a guaranteed place in, one of Europe’s best teams. English football would be the poorer for his departure, so let’s hope he stays. It would be a waste of his genius if he were to become a bit-part player at the Nou Camp.

tgr

AW hailed henry again and implied Henry could play at his best beyond 32 yrs old.I think arsenal may sort out a long contract to keep him.Hopefully Henry will retire at arsenal. :p

quattro

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 458784.stm

just wanted to point out this particular quote from wenger:

I'm not fool enough to say we will win the European Cup while we are still at the group stages but we have already qualified for the next round and I know that in February we will be much better than we are today

in february? why? is there something that will happen before february that will make us "much better than we are today"?

:shock:

Viper

Established Member
quattro said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4458784.stm

just wanted to point out this particular quote from wenger:

I'm not fool enough to say we will win the European Cup while we are still at the group stages but we have already qualified for the next round and I know that in February we will be much better than we are today

in february? why? is there something that will happen before february that will make us "much better than we are today"?

:shock:
Maybe Wenger told him that he'll get some world class signings?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Quattro , we have a young squad he feels they will develop and learn quickly and be much better in February than they are in november.

Army of Me

Established Member
celestis said:
Quattro , we have a young squad he feels they will develop and learn quickly and be much better in February than they are in november.
:lol: my god, he's good, but he isn't that good - "by march 3rd we will be better than we will be on february 12th" hehe, i don't normally read into what wengers says as much as some folk here do, but knowing wenger, and knowing he plans out everything he's going to say before the question has been asked, i'm guessing he's going to buy in january.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

pha2er said:
celestis said:
:lol: my god, he's good, but he isn't that good - "by march 3rd we will be better than we will be on february 12th" hehe, i don't normally read into what wengers says as much as some folk here do, but knowing wenger, and knowing he plans out everything he's going to say before the question has been asked, i'm guessing he's going to buy in january.

You reckon ? I reckon we might not even buy anyone in January. Hope I am wrong.

Top Bottom