• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henry moves centre stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
what i'm looking forward to is the press back tracking. before this, they had all but crowned henry world player of the year, along with selling him to barcelona real madrid and chelsea. Skysports have even got in business analysts to estimate his worth! what a joke!

Adam

Established Member
Wow, how are they supposed to do that? It's really on how much the club demand and how much the other club are willing to pay. There is no set value for a certain amount of ability a player has. Unless they work out a formula like this!:

Right 20 assists, lets say 20 million, hmmm 24 goals, let's add another 24 million. He's worth 44 million in todays market! ;D

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Interesting no other site has picked up on the Zidane link yet.

Still, no surprise really.

Managers vote for this award and most international managers just don't view the Prem as being up there with Spain in particular or Italy. They prefer their players to perform on the European Mainland for all kind of historical/practical reasons and view the style of football played there as being greatly superior.

The fact that Henry has (allegedly) finished second is testament enough to hisskills and the impact of "Wengerball".

Still makes me :evil: though.

patrick42uk

Established Member
lol, the estimate was 50 million. And seeing as this was the world player of the year D-day, they had estimates for ronaldo and Zidane as well. Ronaldo- 35-40millin Zidane-25-30 million. a hint of probably what they thought the outcome of the awards will be, how wrong where they! i'm glad henry came second, but no one remebers the number two, only the number 1. If henry keeps performing consistently, maybe he will be a able to win in the future. i also fancy ronaldinho to win it at some stage in his career.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

patrick42uk said:
lol, the estimate was 50 million. And seeing as this was the world player of the year D-day, they had estimates for ronaldo and Zidane as well. Ronaldo- 35-40millin Zidane-25-30 million. a hint of probably what they thought the outcome of the awards will be, how wrong where they! i'm glad henry came second, but no one remebers the number two, only the number 1. If henry keeps performing consistently, maybe he will be a able to win in the future. i also fancy ronaldinho to win it at some stage in his career.

Ronaldinho may well win it some day , but only if Barca pull out of their slump. He's still some way from being the next Ronaldo. Swallows, summers and all that.

I think the problem for Henry is that everyone has the "galacticos" at Real fixed in their mind as the wonder squad.

It will really take something to break the mould; unless that happens it seems to me Real will just keep scooping the award.

I agree with the comment Re: Ballack, above. He clearly should have won it last year.

In order to win it and break that mould another player, however good, needs to achieve real big both Internationally and domestically and Henry didn't do that last year; his biggest problem was a dire World Cup.

patrick42uk

Established Member
bit of a development, according to the fifa and uefa websites, the awards ceremony doesnt start till 15.00h C.E.T. so how do eurosport know the result? could they find out before hand? this is all a bit confusing. it would explain a lot though because no-one else is reporting it.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Good question

I see several other sites (including this one!) have pushed out reports based on Eurosport.

I guess they are unlikely to have made it up though!

Archie The Leper

Think you find even Ash has posted these results

The top ten vote-winners include five Real Madrid players:

1. Zinedine Zidane (France/Real Madrid) 264 votes

2. Thierry Henry (France/Arsenal) 186

3. Ronaldo (Brazil/Real Madrid) 176

4. Pavel Nedved (Czech Republic/Juventus) 158

5. Roberto Carlos (Brazil/Real Madrid) 105

6. Ruud van Nistelrooy (Netherlands/Manchester United) 86

7. David Beckham (England/Real Madrid) 74

8. Raul (Spain/Real Madrid) 39

9. Paolo Maldini (Italy/AC Milan) 37

10. Andriy Shevchenko (Ukraine/AC Milan) 26

I would have but the topic got locked in favour of this :evil: , which didn't even start off as a post on Henry's chances!!

Maybe that is why other people are posting new topics!!

Andrew

patrick42uk said:
bit of a development, according to the fifa and uefa websites, the awards ceremony doesnt start till 15.00h C.E.T. so how do eurosport know the result? could they find out before hand? this is all a bit confusing. it would explain a lot though because no-one else is reporting it.

Eurosport's website has a history of breaking news which turns out to be BS. But they say the actual number of votes so surely they can't be lying here.

And is CET central europe time or (please don't tell me) CET in America?

Archie The Leper

Eurosport's website has a history of breaking news which turns out to be BS. But they say the actual number of votes so surely they can't be lying here.

I had them earlier but didn't get a chance to post them

Andrew

The results:

1. Zidane (264 votes)
2. Henry (186)
3. Ronaldo (176)
4. Nedved (158)
5. Roberto Carlos (105)
6. Beckham (74) !!! :evil:

Beckham's inclusion just shows how stupid some coaches were when picking players. I think Beckham is a good player, but there was no way that he was in the top 20 players in the world last year, let along top 6. Where's Shevchenko, Maldini, Van Nistelrooy etc.? What a joke. :roll:

Andrew

Sorry, my rant was a little wrong... here's the results:

1. Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid) 264
2. Thierry Henry (Arsenal) 186
3. Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 176
4. Pavel Nedved (Juventus) 158
5. Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid) 105
6. Ruud van Nistelrooy (Man United) 86
7. David Beckham (Real Madrid) 74
8. Raul (Real Madrid) 39
9. Paolo Maldini (Milan) 37
10.Andrei Shevchenko (Milan) 26

Fair top 10 except for Beckham... but the order's completely screwed up.

Archie The Leper

8. Raul (Real Madrid) 39

Already posted acouple of times on the site, read the posts Andrew

Andrew

India: Fernando Morientes - LOL!

And good to see that the Aussie coach voted for Henry. Good on you Frank. :)

Kyla

Henry wasn't even close. What a shame. I'm glad in a way b/c now he can concentrate on his game w/t the "best player in the world" tag on his shoulders, but I feel sorely dissapointed for the guy himself. Let's be honest with it, unless Arsenal can ever make it past the quarters in the CL (which sadly for us IS the biggest stage of them all) then Thierry will never win it- even if he has been carrying this team almost singlehandedly for the past two seasons.

Just cheking the bbc messageboards- it sad how mancs and chelsea fans are now all crawling out the woodwork saying "I told you he wasn't great." Idiots.

Andrew

Archie The Leper said:

8. Raul (Real Madrid) 39

Already posted acouple of times on the site, read the posts Andrew

Sorry, that post of yours sneaked under my guads.

Anwyay, more stupid votes:

Chinese Taipea - Takamatsu Daiki
Guatemala - Rafael Marquez
New Zealand - Marcel Desailly (stop living in the past!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom